Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
darky
Newcomer

June 2003

head unit mount Sun, 31 August 2003 08:04 Go to next message
Anyone out there got some advice for mounting my new panasonic mp3 head unit? Spent all weekend installing speakers, and wiring the mofo, I just wanna get it all finished! Is it possible to buy aftermarket h/u mounting kits for 4th gen celicas, but more specifically an 86 SX?
  Send a private message to this user    
darky
Newcomer

June 2003

Re: head unit mount Sun, 31 August 2003 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atm there is just a big gaping hole, with nothing that will support the deck. obviously i dont want to put it in there and have it banging around. surely there must be something i can buy, like a shelf that I can put in there? any help be greatly appreciated.

[Updated on: Sun, 31 August 2003 10:53]

Kman
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2002
Re: head unit mount Sun, 31 August 2003 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I take it you don't have the metal brackets on either side to support it?

I'm not firmilar with the 86 celcia, but both my sprinter and RA65 had support brackets that the head unit was attached to.

You have to remove the bracket attach the head unit and then screw the brackets back in.
darky
Newcomer

June 2003

Re: head unit mount Sun, 31 August 2003 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The brackets do not screw into the head unit in any way. Confused
Skinnypoo
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: head unit mount Mon, 01 September 2003 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a bit of a shitta not being able to bolt the head unit straight into the brackets....I put a JVC Mp3 player in my 86 celica about a month ago and it bolted in fine, I just used the standard brackets of the radio and tape player....I was under the impression that they all had a universal bolt on system...to fill the big hole I just left the tape player in but its not connected but still looks better than having a blank space.
darky
Newcomer

June 2003

Re: head unit mount Mon, 01 September 2003 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would anyone know if its ok to drill into one side of the unit (the heatsink side) ? It already has dimples there, where the screw holes line up with the other side. But Im worried if any metal flakes get in there it might cause a short.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 September 2003 10:11]

darky
Newcomer

June 2003

Re: head unit mount Tue, 02 September 2003 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*bump*
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: head unit mount Tue, 02 September 2003 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uh Jaxe on these forums just did a nightmare job installing his head unit.. Mine all had the correct mounts an everything.. piece of piss

here is a link to him

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=usrinfo&a mp;id=3218&rid=2485&S=bb65b5c38f2cda7df077 cc31719db40f
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: head unit mount Tue, 02 September 2003 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what headunit do you have. on my old celica they just screwed up to the headunit. what type of headunit do you have?

why not drill holes in the metal mounting brackets.
darky
Newcomer

June 2003

Re: head unit mount Tue, 02 September 2003 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Panasonic CQ-RDP472N

I cant drill holes in the bracket because there are no holes in the actual unit on one side.
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: head unit mount Wed, 03 September 2003 09:20 Go to previous message
so you have the two mounting brackets and a single din pocket? did your headunit come with the metal retcangle thingo? u know the bit that the unit slides into. you could rivit the metal thingo into the metal mounting brackets and slide the unit in. short of pics i cant see why you are having any sort of problem. all main brands use pre drilled holes for each car manifacturer so i cant see the problem.

hope it helps

Daniel
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1ggte
Next Topic:Strut Brace -> MA61?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:42:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004857063293457 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.