Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AGZE gurus please help...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
4AGZE gurus please help... Fri, 29 August 2003 07:45 Go to next message
Just need to sort out some of the bag of problems I have run into recently.

- I read that the SC ventilation system can be bypassed by connecting two metal pipes at the ends of the SC with a piece of hose without damaging the system. Otherwise how should the control switch be controlled? (aftermarket ECU) Anyone had experience with this?

- My motor is Map sensed and there are three pipes protruding from the intake just before the throttle body. One is cam cover breather, another is the SC ventilation line, but the third is a mystery. What is it?

- Is the alternator (AE92 or 101) internally regulated?

And does anyone have access to a diagram of the vacuum lines for the engine? Lots of mine are cut.

Thanks for any help.
Hen
  Send a private message to this user    
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 4AGZE gurus please help... Fri, 29 August 2003 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if yr supercharger is on at idle it will suck yr pipes in badly
i think

if u have aftermarket ecu then use the auxilary output to trigger a relay to then turn on the supercharger clutch
the std ecu turns this on somewhere around 1500 revs

the thrid pipe gos to a/c idle up
plug it if u r not runnig a/c

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 4AGZE gurus please help... Sun, 31 August 2003 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
having the s/c on at idle sucks the pipes in BADLY i know Embarassed
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 4AGZE gurus please help... Sun, 31 August 2003 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another way to do it is to get an msd rpm activated switch

get this to turn a relay on at a desired rpm
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE gurus please help... Sun, 31 August 2003 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the idea is to turn on the blower at a given RPM AND load, not just RPM. Also, the alternator is internally regulated, there should be a plug with 3 wires on it, as well as the main wire back to the battery. The three wires are for Field, Sense and the warning light.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 4AGZE gurus please help... Mon, 01 September 2003 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks all for the advice.

I was originally asking about bridging the SC ventilation lines. The small diameter rubber hoses which go to the seals at each end of the SC unit. These are connected to a valve or soenoid which is controlled by the ECU. I dont have the stock ECU, so I dont know how to control it. I had read that this valve/solenoid could simply be bypassed and removed, saving me the effort of sorting it out and freeing up an auxilliary output.

I plan to run the SC clutch off a combination of throttle position and manifold pressure and maybe RPM. Not up to that yet though.

Hen
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE gurus please help... Mon, 01 September 2003 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The little unit you are refering to is the air control valve.

When the valve is switched on, atmospheric air is sent to the vent pipes on the front and back of the supercharger. This makes the front and rear bearings near atmospheric pressure, and thus stops the grease and oil from leaking due to pressure fluctuations inside the supercharger.

When it's off there is just a bridge between the two vent pipes. I believe there is some sort of load/rpm condition where the ecu decides to switch it on.

With regards with the vacuum lines I have a tech article on the ABV modification that might help a little:

ABV mod

If you're not sure of a particular hose just post here and I should be able to help you.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 September 2003 14:47]

SPRINTAH!
Regular

January 2003
Re: 4AGZE gurus please help... Wed, 03 September 2003 09:39 Go to previous message
i don't know if gze's are the same but on ge's there is a vacuum line that goes to the fuel pressure regulator and i think one goes to the carbon canister, not sure on that one though.

Richard
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Calipers to suit RWD Starlet
Next Topic:1ggte
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:42:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059800148010254 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.