Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Large Bore Brake MST Cylinders Mon, 01 September 2003 23:46 Go to next message
Time has come to improve the brakes on the wagon.
What I would like to find is a brake master cylinder that has a larger bore than 13/16, is a split system and has a 2 bolt vertical patteren to secure to the fire wall/booster.

I have heard that the hilux has a 1" bore but what about the rest of the details.

Any help on the issue is much appreiciated.

Also has anyone got any brake boosters kicking around home that they want to sell.

Thanks

Luke The Stitt
  Send a private message to this user    
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Large Bore Brake MST Cylinders Tue, 02 September 2003 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man, how's it going?
Whatever you do, try NOT to buy a second hand master cylinder. I got a used 1" bore supra mc, which really needed sleeving & a rebuild kit, which just made it way too expensive.
Phil at Pittwater Brake & Clutch went through his catalogue & found me a Landcruiser MC, 1" bore & same flange as mine, plus brand new, for $150, which only requires either your brake lines bent 'round to new positions or whole new ones made up, which we can get done at work (all you'll need is the screw fittings that go on before the end gets flared). I'm getting mine done in the next couple of days Smile.

So yeah, go & talk to someone helpful with a mc catalogue, there's bound to be something that will match.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Large Bore Brake MST Cylinders Tue, 02 September 2003 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona Mk2 has a 15/16" master cylinder, and MA70 has a 1" bore. Some of the vans also have rather large bore master cylinders.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Large Bore Brake MST Cylinders Tue, 02 September 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yah, but do any of them come in the 2 bolt pattern, or is it back to looking at Starion cylinders, or maybe getting the existing one bored out Twisted Evil
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Large Bore Brake MST Cylinders Tue, 02 September 2003 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey luke, that's another thing they can do at work, bore out & resleeve a mc. You'd just have to find new pistons & seals to fit. Very Happy
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Large Bore Brake MST Cylinders Tue, 02 September 2003 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look here for some that will bolt into a ke30 corolla
which means will work for alot of other toyotas as well
http://demuire.freeshell.org/cgi-bin/mods/apage/ap age.cgi?f=randomauto.html&apdir=automotive

thanks to fook Smile
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Large Bore Brake MST Cylinders Tue, 02 September 2003 07:22 Go to previous message
Gt what are the bolt patterens of those MC and are they Split system????

For give my ignorance on other cars, I'm only learning, but could almost teach about crowns.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:engineer certificate for 4age?
Next Topic:18RGEU + HALTECH F9 temp send switch...?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:10:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037801265716553 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.