Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » MZ20 (GZ or 21?) weight? What man-gearbox can bolt upto engine? Most r auto.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Truzeno
Regular

February 2003
MZ20 (GZ or 21?) weight? What man-gearbox can bolt upto engine? Most r auto. Thu, 04 September 2003 12:11 Go to next message
What is the weight of a MZ20 (or GZ20 or 21, whatever the diff)? What manual gearbox can bolt onto those engines since most are in automatic format?
It is a 3.0 so would a 1JZ or 2JZ be able to fit and engineerable????? And whats the weights of those 2 engines anyway?

[Updated on: Thu, 04 September 2003 12:12]

Send a private message to this user    
Truzeno
Regular

February 2003
Re: MZ20 (GZ or 21?) weight? What man-gearbox can bolt upto engine? Most r auto. Thu, 04 September 2003 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And what is the engine again standard in this Soarer model?
Does anyone have pics of the convertable one I have heard so much about??? hehe thnx
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MZ20 (GZ or 21?) weight? What man-gearbox can bolt upto engine? Most r auto. Thu, 04 September 2003 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A GZ20 is somewhere around the mid-1400kg mark. An MZ20 is somewhere around the high-1500kg/low-1600kg mark from memory, and the MZ21 is likely to be heavier again because of the airbag suspension.

A W58(and W57/W55) with appropriate G-series bellhousing, whereas a R154 with M-series bellhousing will bolt to the 7MGTE in the MZ20.

Both the 1JZGTE and the 2JZGTE would be engineerable in the car. The weights of the engine are up for speculation, but pick a number in between 200 and 250kg Very Happy

Hope that helps.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MZ20 (GZ or 21?) weight? What man-gearbox can bolt upto engine? Most r auto. Thu, 04 September 2003 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just saw your other post.

The GZ20 comes with a 1GGTE or a 1GGE, possibly even a 1GFE. The MZ20/MZ21 comes with a 7MGTE.
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MZ20 (GZ or 21?) weight? What man-gearbox can bolt upto engine? Most r auto. Thu, 04 September 2003 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://homepage1.nifty.com/rr-mz21/weightsizeE.htm

go there for lotsa soarer info.

GZ20 is more like 1700kg.
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: MZ20 (GZ or 21?) weight? What man-gearbox can bolt upto engine? Most r auto. Thu, 04 September 2003 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the GZ20 tt - is 1450- 1470
the MZ21 is 1560 and 1570 fot the GT limited
w58 should bolt up to the MZ21 with the gearbox x-member from a N/A MA70 and front half of tailshaft.
Danish from these forums has a 1J in a GZ20. a 2J in one would be cool.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MZ20 (GZ or 21?) weight? What man-gearbox can bolt upto engine? Most r auto. Thu, 04 September 2003 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sbyder wrote on Thu, 04 September 2003 21:00

http://homepage1.nifty.com/rr-mz21/weightsizeE.htm

go there for lotsa soarer info.

GZ20 is more like 1700kg.

I don't know what the total weight consists of as in those pages, but there is no way a GZ20 weighs that much! Stick it on a weigh-bridge and it should come in between 14-1500kg!
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MZ20 (GZ or 21?) weight? What man-gearbox can bolt upto engine? Most r auto. Thu, 04 September 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not saying im right and your wrong or anything, cause i really dont know what they weigh, but i tend to believe the site, considering its got some VERY detailed info.

just look at this...

http://homepage1.nifty.com/rr-mz21/shousaizuE.htm

now thats cool.
Its really good to find out info on these cars, and one of the only sites i've found in english about the older type soarers.

Anyone found any others???

[Updated on: Thu, 04 September 2003 13:23]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MZ20 (GZ or 21?) weight? What man-gearbox can bolt upto engine? Most r auto. Thu, 04 September 2003 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know what you mean, but a MA70 Turbo A weighs 1575kg (on weighbridge), so there must be a BIG difference with their actual weights. The first column is what I usually see quoted.
Truzeno
Regular

February 2003
Re: MZ20 (GZ or 21?) weight? What man-gearbox can bolt upto engine? Most r auto. Thu, 04 September 2003 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thnx heaps guyz! Appreciated. Just starting to learn about early Soarers, I was orignally mostly lookin at 86's.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MZ20 (GZ or 21?) weight? What man-gearbox can bolt upto engine? Most r auto. Thu, 04 September 2003 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you can find a nice manual with a good interior (easiest way to judge kilometers travelled) around 86-89 with either 1G-GTEU or 7M-GTE in black you will be one happy Soarer owner. Then put a 2JZ-GTE in it if your rich or a 1JZ VVTI single turbo engine.

Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MZ20 (GZ or 21?) weight? What man-gearbox can bolt upto engine? Most r auto. Thu, 04 September 2003 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you 2JZ-GTE's bolt straight in? I know the 1J's do... kinda. I don't know whether to do up my 7M or just plonk a better engine in (i've already taken care of the head gasket problems)

Dan
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MZ20 (GZ or 21?) weight? What man-gearbox can bolt upto engine? Most r auto. Fri, 05 September 2003 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Need new engine mounts for the 1JZ and 2JZ & bellhousing, clutch, flywheel also depending on what engine/gearbox setup.

As I said, find a black 7M-GTE manual in Japan on auction! Wink

Exhaust, Airfilter, Boost, Intercooler, Metal Head Gasket, ARP bolts. They make alot of power.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 September 2003 11:26]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: MZ20 (GZ or 21?) weight? What man-gearbox can bolt upto engine? Most r auto. Fri, 05 September 2003 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If i were you, I would probably stick with the 7m as it is a decent engine and can be made pretty powerful. Especially now that you have already spent money on the HG.

Conversions are not cheap, and when you are finished you usually only have a stock motor. So...choice is yours but i would start saving for a nice large turbo to bolt to the side of that 7M! Smile
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: MZ20 (GZ or 21?) weight? What man-gearbox can bolt upto engine? Most r auto. Sun, 07 September 2003 14:39 Go to previous message
im pretty sure you should be able to bolt th 2JZGTE straigt in to GZ or MZ21 with the following bits, (note - pretty sure, not saying its exactly right)
JZA70 xmember, JZA70 engine mounts
2JZGE manual bellhousing, flywheel, ect
7MGE - MA70 5 spd gearbox x-member
MA70 - 7MGE 5 spd tailshaft
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 Diff,What is Similiar ???
Next Topic:Which is better Hills motor sport or UAS
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 07:54:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043849945068359 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.