Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Lotsa Help Please! MA70 7MGTE

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

icon5.gif  Lotsa Help Please! MA70 7MGTE Thu, 04 September 2003 23:21 Go to next message
Hey guys. Just took my ma70 in for a service. Talk about a punch in the stomach as far as finances are concerned. Anyway, they told me a whole list of things that were wrong with it. Sad It is the 7mgte. Wondering if I could get your advice on a few things:

1. The heater doesnt work at the moment. Apparently this is because the water isnt being sucked through or something like that. Do any of you guys have similar problems? It is on the climate control, so could be a little complicated as it could be the computer that is broken. Sad

2. The oil pressure gauge just isnt working either. We know that it is either a "wire" thing up behind the dash or the actual gauge isnt working. Once again do any of you guys have this problem? Smile

3. That friggen annoying squeak in the back of the car! I have heard that it is a "surpra" thing. Do you know if this is true? If so, what is it? How do I fix it?

4. The clutch is slipping. I think the problem with it is that I have the standard clutch plate on it. Nice clutch though. How much do you reckon it would cost to just replace the plate? Is it better to do the whole thing?

Thanks heaps dude. If I got any of this wrong I am sure my bro (RobST162) will correct me. Smile Thanks for the help.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 September 2003 05:39]

Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Lotsa Help Please! Thu, 04 September 2003 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have gz20 soarer and have the same rear squeaks. I was told it was the bushes are shagged that connect to the bottom of the struts. don't know about the rest. sorry
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Lotsa Help Please! Thu, 04 September 2003 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm. Thanks dude. Might have to check that out. Although I dont have the original struts on there, so I cannot see how it could be that. Confused I'll check it out anyway.
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Lotsa Help Please! Thu, 04 September 2003 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have an MZ20 Soarer and the rear squeeks as well. I was going to take it in tomorrow to some kind of suspension place because its really starting to irritate me

I'll let you know!

Dan
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lotsa Help Please! Fri, 05 September 2003 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, i have GZ20 and same prob Laughing . Im pretty sure its my bushes like previously said. Its not life threatening, so if your tight on cash, like you said, just leave it squeak until u can afford to fix it properly.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Lotsa Help Please! Fri, 05 September 2003 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah fair enough. It is not important. Just annoying. You just have to make sure you turn the music up loud enough to drown the squeak out. Very Happy
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lotsa Help Please! Fri, 05 September 2003 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, I always thought the squeak in the back was from the poorly fitting interior panels!

My heater didn't work on my ma70 either, I took it all apart, checked the connections, checked to see if the vaccum operated valve was working (under the bonnet, near the passenger side firewall) etc. Finally it was the actual control box in the dash (with all the knobs on it). Although this was giving the correct readings on the multimeter, it just wasn't working in the car. Replaced it with the one from my jza-70 front cut and it worked fine. I've heard of a few people with this problem and it's always the control panel. Still, my heater doesn't work now coz the guy who flushed my cooloing system managed to stuff the heater core. Mad I'll have to take the dash out to fix it! Crying or Very Sad

I've never had a problem with my oil-pressure gauge - it's now on the 1jz and still works fine. Could be the sender, or maybe they knocked the connection from the sender? when working on yr car.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Lotsa Help Please! Fri, 05 September 2003 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I thought the same thing. It sounds like that. But so hard to narrow down.

Thanks for the advice on the heater. Might have to check around to see if any wreckers have the conrol panel. Was yours the climate control?

As for the oil gauge. It was like that when I got the car, so it couldnt of been them. Apparently it has "never worked". Confused
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Lotsa Help Please! Fri, 05 September 2003 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guess what?! My car squeaks too from the back, and always thought, 'those darn interior pieces' but lo and behold... I go and swap the ENTIRE interior over and the squeak remains Sad

Yeah, me and Andy got some work to do Sad
Helmann
Regular

July 2002
Re: Lotsa Help Please! MA70 7MGTE Fri, 05 September 2003 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squeaks in the back of an MA70 are usually from the rear window.
The rubber surrounds rub and cause the squeak.
Try spraying silicon lub on the rubbers.
This is what i did on mine and no more squeaking.
At least for a few months. Have to redo it again.

The good thing about ma70's and their heaters(when they are working that is), just one little hit of boost when engine is still cold and instant heat.

Smile

Brett.
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Lotsa Help Please! MA70 7MGTE Fri, 05 September 2003 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Hey guys. Just took my ma70 in for a service. Talk about a punch in the stomach as far as finances are concerned. Anyway, they told me a whole list of things that were wrong with it. It is the 7mgte. Wondering if I could get your advice on a few things:

1. The heater doesnt work at the moment. Apparently this is because the water isnt being sucked through or something like that. Do any of you guys have similar problems? It is on the climate control, so could be a little complicated as it could be the computer that is broken.

2. The oil pressure gauge just isnt working either. We know that it is either a "wire" thing up behind the dash or the actual gauge isnt working. Once again do any of you guys have this problem?

3. That friggen annoying squeak in the back of the car! I have heard that it is a "surpra" thing. Do you know if this is true? If so, what is it? How do I fix it?

4. The clutch is slipping. I think the problem with it is that I have the standard clutch plate on it. Nice clutch though. How much do you reckon it would cost to just replace the plate? Is it better to do the whole thing?

Thanks heaps dude. If I got any of this wrong I am sure my bro (RobST162) will correct me. Thanks for the help.

I was worried, thought you were going to say you blew it up or something Crying or Very Sad

1. Okay... for the heater.. check the fuse! From memory it is not located in the engine bay fuse box nor in the normal under-dash one... can anyone correct me on this - maybe someone check the fuse boxes on their xA7x? I think it's in one of the kick panels for some reason - there's a sticker in one of the fuse boxes telling you how to find it I think.

RiGo off these forums had a problem with his heater, I think it was the control box... maybe it could be that too? Start simple first though, start with checking the fuse Smile

2. Oil pressure gauge - as I mentioned it hasn't worked since I put the new engine in. The fact that it worked up until then makes me think I just didn't plug it in. I would be VERY surprised if it was broken. There will be a little plug on the block, under the inlet manifold if I remember. It's basically a little spade sticking out, and there's a matching connector on the loom that runs through the inlet manifold, and should drop down through a gap between two of the runners.

3. The squeak.. I'm not sure. I kinda got used to it, especially once I had a CD player in the car as I didn't notice it. I have been told that replacing either the rubber seal around the boot or else replacing the little rubber bits at the back either side of the tailgate (will see when it's open) will fix it. Apparently the squeak happens because they go a bit hard and aren't 'rubbery' any more.

4. With the clutch, I thought I explained that to you. It has a basically brand new 5(maybe 6? can't remember) button clutch with an uprated pressure plate, so that's not the problem. Be careful not to slip it too much though (ie. drive it easy until you fix it).

As I mentioned the pedal bites up really high, which points to a hydraulic problem, meaning you need to bleed the clutch. If you don't know how to do it, pay a mechanic or you'll get all greasy. Horrible job, that's why I didn't get around to it, as it hadn't started slipping when I had it. The pedal feel was a giveaway though!

The clutch master cylinder & clutch slave cylinder and the rubber clutch line are both resleeved and resealed, so they are not the problem.. and the rubber clutch line is also brand new... this leaves only (a) fluid or (b) pedal adjustment. I find it unlikely that it's the pedal as I've not had a problem with it before.. unless maybe the adjustment nut has come loose?
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

Re: Lotsa Help Please! MA70 7MGTE Fri, 05 September 2003 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Fri, 05 September 2003 09:21

1. The heater doesnt work at the moment. Apparently this is because the water isnt being sucked through or something like that. Do any of you guys have similar problems? It is on the climate control, so could be a little complicated as it could be the computer that is broken. Sad

Sounds like the good old VSV Valve
http://www.supras.com/sogidb/index.php?jumpto=tech center&tech_jumpto=display_techtip&id=66

Quote:

2. The oil pressure gauge just isnt working either. We know that it is either a "wire" thing up behind the dash or the actual gauge isnt working. Once again do any of you guys have this problem? Smile

I'd say it's just unplugged, you should be able to get to it from under the car.

Quote:

Yep, I solved mine for 4 years with new rubber stoppers.

Quote:

As Shifty said just bleed the clutch or take it to a clutch place and ask them to bleed it for you, will cost about $50 I'd think.

STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Lotsa Help Please! MA70 7MGTE Fri, 05 September 2003 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh the oil gauge shouldnt be too much of a prob
like others said, its prob just unplugged from the sender on the block
chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lotsa Help Please! MA70 7MGTE Fri, 05 September 2003 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Just took my ma70 in for a service. Talk about a punch in the stomach as far as finances are concerned. Anyway, they told me a whole list of things that were wrong with it. It is the 7mgte. Wondering if I could get your advice on a few things:

whats those probs got to do with the engine?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Lotsa Help Please! MA70 7MGTE Fri, 05 September 2003 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

whats those probs got to do with the engine?

well knowing it is a 7mgte helps with referring to where the oil pressure sensor is. Smile
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lotsa Help Please! MA70 7MGTE Sat, 06 September 2003 00:18 Go to previous message
My heater was the climate control model. It was really strange, we thought it was the vsv valve too, until we managed to get that to work - it just wasn't receiving the signal. As I said, we checked the control box with a multi-meter according to the factory manual and all the readings were fine. Checked the computer (bastard of a job) and the fuse - the fan was working OK etc, just no heat. Finally swapped the control boxes over - bingo! The VSV was opening the heater tap and finally some heat was happening. We think it was something to do with the outpt
from the temperature slider on the heater control box.

I think Rattlehead on these forums had a similar issue with his GA70 heater.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Which type of manifold?
Next Topic:AE86 Sunroof
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 06:01:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059010982513428 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.