Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
benen
Regular

August 2003
CD Player Fri, 05 September 2003 11:45 Go to next message
Hey guys,

I pulled out the crappy radio in my RA28 and found that it was quit a bit smaller than my new CD Player, it wasnt too difficult to cut the hole a little bigger just took a while to get a nice tight fit. I also had to completely cut up and mangle the mounting brackets but it fits nicely now.

My problem is that there is no permanent power wire going to the cd player. I have the speaker wires running in there now and there is accessories already but no permanent power. Where should i run the wire from? would running it from the fuse box
be the best way?

cheers
Benen
  Send a private message to this user    
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CD Player Fri, 05 September 2003 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
run it straight from the battery with an inline fuse
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: CD Player Fri, 05 September 2003 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i started to do that, i soldered a wire of decent thickness to a washer and put over the + battery terminal. But i couldnt find where to poke it though to the console

[Updated on: Fri, 05 September 2003 13:06]

peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CD Player Fri, 05 September 2003 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm ok my ta22 has plenty of space in the rubber grommmit things to push wires through, you should be able to easily find one, just trek it through where the wiring all goes into the dash, even if it does mean tracing it to the other side of the bonnet
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: CD Player Fri, 05 September 2003 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what i did with my other car. i had a quick look but couldnt find it. no doubt ill look again and see it immediately, not like it doenst stand out like dogs balls on yellow
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: CD Player Sat, 06 September 2003 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i ran the wire underneath the front passenger side guard, there is a metal panel under there to stop mud and stuff, behind there is a gromit where lots of the loom goes into the cabin. i put it through here and taped it to the existing bunch of wires.

it took a while because of pulling crap apart but i wanted to do it properly.

hope this helps

Daniel
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: CD Player Sat, 06 September 2003 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, just run it straight from a permanent power feed from the fuse box. You'll need a test light to find the correct wire to splice into, and yes this is the neatest, easiest way to get permanent power for modern stereos in a RA28.
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: CD Player Mon, 08 September 2003 12:46 Go to previous message
i've done the permanent power now, was very easy to unscrew the fuse box and cut into the permanent wire.

One problem lol. Nothing u guys can help me with though i think. The cd player only sort of works lol. I took it out of my old car and it must have got banged around or something cause it turns itself off after a few seconds or when u tilt it or something. Ill have to fiddle around for a bit. Hope i can get it to work its pretty new Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3S to rwd, headers?
Next Topic:1G-GTE ignition advancement.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 18:28:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045011043548584 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.