Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Anyone got acurate measurements for a 1G Sat, 06 September 2003 13:36 Go to next message
I have had the idea of Dropping a 1G into the Stout implanted into my head (Thanks Darren & Phil) so was just wondering if anyone had accurate measurements for the engine ?

I don't think it will fit but if it did.............. Rolling Eyes
  Send a private message to this user    
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone got acurate measurements for a 1G Sun, 07 September 2003 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Rod, I just ran the tape measure across the 1G-GZE sitting in the shed.
Length: from rear of block to front of timing case 620mm. (You will have to allow for harmonic balancer etc.)
Height: Bottom of sump to top of cam cover 600mm (no manifolds fitted)
Width: including exhaust manifold and intake manifold 1GGZE 590mm.
I would expect a few variances in overall height and overall width between the 1GE/1G-GTE, and 1G-GZE.particularly with engines complete with manifolds.

Hope this helps Rod, regards Chuck.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone got acurate measurements for a 1G Sun, 07 September 2003 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks heaps chuck !

mm was wondering about the 1G-GZE, I think it would be awesome in the truck Smile

Have to see whatI can get for the right price. I am leaning towards the 1G-GTE at the moment but only because Tina's 1G-GTE RA28 was sooooooo much fun to drive !
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Anyone got acurate measurements for a 1G Mon, 08 September 2003 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So ya not selling the stout hey.

I'd go the gze, something with a bit of low down punch for thoes truck tyres Mad You might have some trouble fitting in the blower though.

Most of the width on a gte though would be at the top and front of the engine. Just nice for that double wishbone front end.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone got acurate measurements for a 1G Mon, 08 September 2003 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wreckon go the 1ggze also, then just bolt the turbos on as well
wish i had of done that
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Anyone got acurate measurements for a 1G Mon, 08 September 2003 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now would that be a 1g-gtze or a 1g-gzte Rolling Eyes
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone got acurate measurements for a 1G Mon, 08 September 2003 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I remember seeing one of those turbo supercharger combo's some time back on these forums, and in a magazine article. The guy that bought my 1G-GTE RA28 was going to go down the same path. Silly boy, long on ideas, very very short on ability to see projects to fruition.

regards Chuck.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone got acurate measurements for a 1G Mon, 08 September 2003 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Twin charging might be a tad adventurous for the Stout !

Either of the 1G's look to be a good fit so it really will depend on what I can get for what kind of dollars. Since it has the alloy track on the back and bugger all else traction wil be my biggest problem. With that in mind whatever goes in will have more than enough in stock form.

The Stout is still for sale, I just need to clear one of the cars so whatever goes first leave me with the other one. Given the Stout had very little interest I think the Crown will prolly be the more likely one to go. Hell where can you get a wicked old Crown like that for $1800 ! I really have tried to price it for a quick sale.

But anyway back to the truck....... Smile
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Anyone got acurate measurements for a 1G Mon, 08 September 2003 11:07 Go to previous message
Oh BTW... MX62's Rock !!!

Went to pick n Payles and a MX62 radiator perfectly fills the whole front of the engine bay Very Happy

I know I have a fully recored stock radiator for it but this is narrower and heaps wider. These radiators have gotta be good for other conversions assuming you have the room to fit it.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1G-GTE ignition advancement.
Next Topic:Ke26 wagon ca18det swap
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 21:47:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044488906860352 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.