Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Truzeno
Regular

February 2003
Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sat, 06 September 2003 15:38 Go to next message
What is the tunability of the regular non-Evo Lancers....

OK ok, in immature terms, to give a better understanding.

All the "2 door Evos" buzzin around in their abundance, how fast can they actually get? So I can save and build a Toyo that stings each one up their own ass!

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE real Evos and as a stock car, the Lancer I think is pretty good for what it is (not that we get must rolling floor stock choice of anything in this dump). But I am curious about the ones.... well you know the ONES!

[Updated on: Sat, 06 September 2003 15:59]

Send a private message to this user    
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sun, 07 September 2003 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well usually if they were going to mod a lancer, they would put in a 4gc3 i think it is ( not a mitsubishi freak) and a vr4 engine, with 4wd drive train, on a 2 door lancer, after looking at all the money they spent on one, they could easily buy a real evo. Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sun, 07 September 2003 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grinz - truzeno - buy yourself a ta22 - work the 2t ( or 2tg ) over just a little - and spank away

I used to take great glee in emarressing lancers of all kinds ( bar GSR's and EVo's which would flog me dead ) on a daily basis .

They are pretty average IMHO ..99.9 % of them will only have a pod filter, maybe new leads and a exhaust the size of your head - but not much other besides that big ol muffler at the end of a stock exhust system.

Anything G family powered( 2tg , 3tg , 18rg , 3sge etc ) will easily out horse most of these type of non turbo lancers without much effort at all

An example - Mildly worked sprinter/celica with a mildly tweaked 4age/2tg would be a good budget start ..

From there - move onto something like a st162 ( 3sge ) FWD , or if you want a turbo - and have about 10K to spend on your car - then move onto a st165/185 Gt-four or ma70 Supra ( or a worked off its tits ra23/28 with a 1ggte swap )
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sun, 07 September 2003 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i recently finnished an 18RG convo in the RA23,

and i wanted to know what it can do vs other cars and the such,

and i know this dude with a lancer, its got an exhaust and cold air intake witha filter, nothing great, its also an auto.. Very Happy

i said i wanted to race him, he said no worries,

we couldnt get a run off the lights so we were going up the hiway at 100, im in 5th gear, and just strolling past him..

he gives it a boot, and i heard it change down a couple of gears..so i went straight to third and gave it hell..

i walked past him like nothing else!

so yeah... lancers are gay...

ive got another mate with an ST162, with exhuast mods and filters, and i raced him from a stand still...

i was keeping with him untill about 4th gear where he started to get away from me!
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sun, 07 September 2003 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Truzeno everyone who has a lancer knows they are not that fast ... so why are u even comparing ur car to them ???
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sun, 07 September 2003 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
les should know - his Rice lancer rools da roads Bro! Smile

* grin *

les - got any figures on the lancer - ie 0-100 etc ?

i know it has nothing on your tt cillycar - but curious none the less
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sun, 07 September 2003 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

everyone who has a lancer knows they are not that fast ... so why are u even comparing ur car to them ???

Because everyone who has a Celica knows they are not that fast... seems a fair comparison to me Rolling Eyes

Both cars would be lucky to run 16's.

Unless you're talking about a GSR or EVO Lancer... or the occasional turbo'd (I know of one running 11's) or engine-swapped FWD ones.

From memory the 1.8 motor is into the 10's and they have a few 2.0 litre ones running 9's now.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sun, 07 September 2003 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i could think of much better cars to throw that sort of money at personally..

but to each their own
Truzeno
Regular

February 2003
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sun, 07 September 2003 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I asked that question cause alot of Lancer owners with their EvoVI kits have bad attitudes like they are fast. And I was just curious if it is worth testing them.
And me pure amateur.. I know someones bound to have had experiences.....

Once I have a car lol. fancy having a GZE and no car to put it in....... still lookin for Sprinter ugh..... or Id nab Shanes MZ20 if budget was 2G higher...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sun, 07 September 2003 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, join the club
I got a 1jz and a 3" exhaust with a microtech and no car to put it in Razz
Truzeno
Regular

February 2003
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sun, 07 September 2003 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe,
Feels good, I have had my whinge for the day!
I luvvvv u alllz! haha. Group hugg nigga~!
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sun, 07 September 2003 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg
feel like cramming that into a TA22 engine bay ?

for a laugh ?

cmon
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sun, 07 September 2003 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah.
no Smile

dont particularly feel like giving my angle grinder that kind of work-out.

hand over and ma61 and I will tho Smile
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sun, 07 September 2003 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm true bout the lancer guys thinking that their is hot shitt ...

(guilty - hahhah)

whats the deal draven !??!?! no car to put it in ?!?! wtf !?!?!?!?!

whot u mean ??

CLASSIQUE... who cares bout the figures on a stock lancer !!?/ its like floggin a dead dog !
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sun, 07 September 2003 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh
*points to his sig
*points at http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=19333&start=0&rid=355&S=ba06d457fd72 8a2d843d759073a705ff

*bursts into tears
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sun, 07 September 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 wrote on Sun, 07 September 2003 14:59

ive got another mate with an ST162, with exhuast mods and filters, and i raced him from a stand still...

i was keeping with him untill about 4th gear where he started to get away from me!

So Chris you 2 finally got a race in hey...
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sun, 07 September 2003 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 07 September 2003 22:16

oh
*points to his sig
*points at http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=19333&start=0&rid=355&S=ba06d457fd72 8a2d843d759073a705ff

*bursts into tears

shiiiiiit man Nope...
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Sun, 07 September 2003 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just borrow your mums car like commowhore, camry, accord and go embarass the lancer, its more embarassing when he has a girlfriend which doesn;t know much about cars and thinks its fast, then when he looses he probably says i didn't think he was worthy enough to challenge me Razz

there is this lancer around sydney its the biggest crack up ever, 4 door lancer, evo kit, evo 6 wing, evo 5 front bar, evo 6 sticker, its got all stickers all over malbro( i don;t know how to spell it), team red suns sticker, spoon sports sticker, and a whole bunch of others i even think its got a fake front mount intercooler, there is a pic somewhere i just gota find it. Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Mon, 08 September 2003 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
les - i wanted the figures to see if my grans shopping-cart could beat them as well Wink

Laughing
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Mon, 08 September 2003 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i saw that team redsuns lancer in burwood.

i mean i heard that lancer... Laughing
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Mon, 08 September 2003 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lancers go ok if they fit an evo engine into it
only prob is its fwd

and also that evo engines r expensive to get and hard to find

2nd option is a vr4 engine
i have done afew
one was in a cordia the other in a cb lancer which had good hp

best option would be to have a stock looking lancer with evo engine so u dont stand out like a u know what

a cc lancer with an evo 4 engine would be just like an old fwd celica with a 3sgte

some ok hp with shithouse traction
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Mon, 08 September 2003 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh - someone say TRACTION ISSUES!
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Tue, 09 September 2003 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Mon, 08 September 2003 18:38

les - i wanted the figures to see if my grans shopping-cart could beat them as well Wink

Laughing

ur on........................
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Tue, 09 September 2003 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maate - my nans fully siiic cart does home to the shops in 20 minutes bro ! - it smokes any pedestrians out there - PHEAR its powahs beeotch!

its got 2 mota's see - one driving each rear wheel so thats twice as haulin' as a lancer - doode they only have 1 mota

hehehe HaHahAhAHAha! ..

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Tue, 09 September 2003 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boo - i will take herr on...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Wed, 10 September 2003 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My nan would carve you up like a sunday roast Wink
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Thu, 11 September 2003 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found this on the "toy shop" jap imports website..

It was pretty useful

Toyshop auto imports wrote under their FAQ section

Q. I have a late model Lancer/Mirage. What engine can I upgrade to?

A. This is a tricky one.... especially in the later CE shape where the gearbox is on the passenger side of the car. The only turbo option that you have is the 4G93 (1.8 ex Jap GSR Lancer) or the EVO IV/V/VI. Either of these options are VERY expensive (usually prohibitive for now). These are too new to obtain in quantities at the moment, and the MIVEC is the only other option (non-turbo, and equally as hard to get). DO NOT be tempted to try and turbo your existing engine- the expense and engine/driveline breakages are not worth the effort. If you are hell-bent on a turbo Lancer, you must be prepared to wait for one of these engines to become available. And remember, these are NOT cheap- expect upwards of $7000 for a complete half cut, less panels.

Why so hard to get and expensive? Well, virtually all of the Mitsubishi performance half cuts/engines are sold to Malaysia as that is where Protons are made (with no turbo variant sold there). You can imagine therefore that there are so many guys in Malaysia wanting to upgrade, and as such we (and most of the rest of the world!) are simply priced out of the market in Japan. If and when we get them, on rare occasions, we have to pays heaps for them. Sad but true!

rock on.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon14.gif  Re: Tunability of (wannabe-Evo) Lancers??? Thu, 11 September 2003 03:46 Go to previous message
good point schao

im fr Malaysia and do u know how many VR4-ified proton M21s and Satrias there are ?

fcking insane... very very cool.

and it is really cheap to get engine conversions there too !!

rock on Surprised
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Blacktown - Illegal Drags, what happened last week or so ?
Next Topic:MKIII Turbo Insurance
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 17:10:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062460899353027 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.