Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
poida
Regular

July 2002
2TGEU what fuel Sat, 13 July 2002 02:59 Go to next message
hey guys, i have an injected 2tgeu, now what fuel shouldi run it on here in oz. Ive been told that unleaded or premium unleaded will be fine as these engines ran on this type of fuel in japan. Lrp makes it run crap. What differences is there between the injected 2tg and the carby version? compression, head etc. cheers, Shocked
  Send a private message to this user    
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TGEU what fuel Sun, 14 July 2002 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I gots me a fully worked 2tg, been told that the only way to get6 best performance out of it is top be using highest octane fuel, which on the street is Premium Unleaded, and if ya wanna waste even more money then chuck in some octane booster, but I think that's a waste anyway.

anyway, I'm in adelaide aswell and it would be good to see yta celica sometime.... I should have mine finished soon so yeah, I'll be out there somewhere.

Brendon
poida
Regular

July 2002
Re: 2TGEU what fuel Sun, 14 July 2002 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool, do you know where i would get a new diaphram for my dizzy? what have you dosne to your 2tg? mines pretty stock. is the icon a pic of your car?
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2TGEU what fuel Mon, 15 July 2002 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only way to get extra performance from a higher octane fuel is to tune the engine to it.
Yeh, LRP is crap, and you shouldnt need to run it.
But if your car runs happily on ULP and doesnt ping, going to PULP or ULP-98 will only make a realllly small difference.
To get the most out of PULP or ULP-98, fill it up with that petrol then get it dyno tuned. But youll then have to run that petrol from then on.
poida
Regular

July 2002
Re: 2TGEU what fuel Mon, 15 July 2002 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chris you bastard, how did you know my password?, i left in on at ya house?. zac, zac

[Updated on: Mon, 15 July 2002 11:22]

Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TGEU what fuel Mon, 15 July 2002 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peps wrote on Mon, 15 July 2002 4:46 PM

Did I mention how much i like to rape chickens?

Don't worry buddy we all have our quirks, but are you sure rthis is the right place to voice such deviant behavior.

As MWP said to make any sort of worthwhile difference, It'll need some re-tuning.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TGEU what fuel Mon, 15 July 2002 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 2T-GEU has a very low compression ratio, around 8.5:1 from memory, so I doubt you'd see much benefit from PULP even with "re-tuning". As has already been mentioned, this engine is designed to run on unleaded fuel so stay away from that LRP crap.
poida
Regular

July 2002
Re: 2TGEU what fuel Mon, 15 July 2002 11:29 Go to previous message
cheers guys, yeah no one told me what to run this engine on, unleaded runs best, and lrp is lame, i didnt know that the 2tgeu had hardened vlave seats. Yeah pulp is a bit of a waste, as it is pretty stock and doesnt ping or anything. thanks again.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Putting 18RG in RA23 next weekend, need advice.
Next Topic:KE35 & KE55 coupe differences??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 23:40:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.044867038726807 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.