Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Kergen-RA28
Occasional Poster

April 2003

icon10.gif  Kergen's 1977 RA28 Thu, 28 August 2003 07:53 Go to next message
OK, i'll lay it down... Getting married must go...

1977 RA28 Toyota Celica
Resprayed in 200sx silver (pewter)
5spd manual
whiteline adjustable pan hard rod
kmac camber castor kit
pedders lowered springs
upgraded kmac front and rear sway bar
18RG-U engine with 2xsolex
racing bucket seats, sports wheel and gear knob (most important)
1.5inch pacemaker extractors and 2 or 2.5inch system to the tail
New Windscreen

Been added since purchased...

440cca battery
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
Top Gun Leads + new points
Bituminous Paint In Boot

Needs...
Timing Chain / Tensioner work
Tune
(maybe bonnett for roadworthy - modded without certificate)

Also Including...

Spare 18RG-U with 2xsolex (been sitting for 4 years - req rebuild)
2xClutches - 1 with full meat
Engine Stand - Rotating (spare 18rg is on it)

I want to sell this without RWC (although it's not far off - I just cant be bothered sourcing another bonnett)

Asking Price $2800 for the lot
0439 034 678
  Send a private message to this user    
Kergen-RA28
Occasional Poster

April 2003

Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Thu, 28 August 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah - good chrome on front and rear bumpers and GT back panel (will provide PIC)

I live in Puckapunyal (Army Base) which is 100km south of Shepparton, 100km north of Melbourne and 100km east of Bendigo in Central Victoria.
Cory
Regular

June 2002

Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Thu, 28 August 2003 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm interested...have you got any pics of it?

also, do you know what it would need for a roadworthy?
Kergen-RA28
Occasional Poster

April 2003

Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Thu, 28 August 2003 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe that all it would require is a normal bonnett (maybe.. just for roadworthy - the mod can be ok'd by taking the car to an accredited repairer and getting something written that the structure isnt dangerous - it's a pretty good job :0)

The speedo stopped working because the crimp failed on the speedo cable where it goes into the back of the Speedo in the dash. Just needs to be recrimped but I dont believe that the speedo needs to be working for a roadworthy (that's just word of mouth)

The car has done less than 1000km since I purchased it as I got it as a project car and then ran out of funds (due to wedding) and it had a roadworthy when I purchased it so it wont need much but I RECOMMEND doing the timing gear and get the tuning done as they're the only sore points on the car.

Tyres are good, exhaust is intact, all the lights work, I replaced all the globes in the map light and dashboard so everything glows brightly, no rust needs to be cut out, drives nice and straight and stops well. Seat belts are good, check out the pic for the seats and the back is interesting yes? Exhaust is nice and noisy (in a good way), I have a CD player that I never installed also with the unlock code that will also be included (it's a no name but is meant to work). Car has front speakers only (at this stage).

Attachment: Back2.jpg
(Size: 86.74KB, Downloaded 266 time(s))
Attachment: Kergen-RA28.jpg
(Size: 73.51KB, Downloaded 290 time(s))

Kergen-RA28
Occasional Poster

April 2003

icon6.gif  Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Thu, 28 August 2003 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, I also forgot the following features...

The door locks have been removed and have been replaced by a keyless entry system. The car also has a kick arse alarm fitted that has all features that insurance companies are interested in (2 or 3 point immobiliser - cant remember)
Cory
Regular

June 2002

Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Thu, 28 August 2003 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have a pm.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Thu, 28 August 2003 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man im sorry to hear that the opposite sex is worth the sale of such a nice vechicle even thou im biased towards the ae86 variant of that wonderous toyota label Smile
hope shes worht it

[Updated on: Thu, 28 August 2003 15:00]

Kergen-RA28
Occasional Poster

April 2003

Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Fri, 29 August 2003 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, she doesnt mind the car but realisticly I need the $$$ to afford everything :0) BTW, she drives a toyota - need I say more :0)
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Fri, 29 August 2003 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interested in looking at it on the weeekend, will you be around? will send you a PM with some contact details!
Kergen-RA28
Occasional Poster

April 2003

Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Sun, 31 August 2003 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aaargh - Embarrasing - The engine suffered from some bad mechanical advice from town where I was directed to tighten the cam timing bolt to take out some of the timing chain rattle.

A character from here gave me good instructions on how to fix this and it has been great for the last few weeks but the other day it started running badly again. I reperformed the same fix for the timing chain (it had the same symptoms) and now it's running as rough as guts.

I STRONGLY STRONGLY recommend that the timing belt / tensioner gets worked on if anyone is still interested in buying this but at the moment it's not drivable as the engine coughs like mad when power is applied.

The car will atm needs to be picked up on a trailer and as a result the price is open to lower offers. I am working atm on fixing this issue and will let all interested parties know once it's resolved.

Apologies - Kergen.
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Mon, 01 September 2003 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I assume considering talk of RWC and a bloke in WA going to have a look that you're in WA? If not then i'd maybe be interested, but if it is.. darn Sad

ed: Looking through your posts you're in VIC. Possible maybe, but probably only in 4 weeks time (i'm at school), and only if its in drivable condition. I'm in NSW.

ed2: Scratch the timing. I would consider doing it on a weekend, provided it is running. Keep me posted as to how the work goes.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 September 2003 12:59]

Kergen-RA28
Occasional Poster

April 2003

Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Tue, 02 September 2003 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guy was from WA and was interested in the shell mostly but he was in Vic on holiday's/work and had a look in whilst in the area. I would like to see it after he's done as he wants to put a 1UZFE into an RA28 :0)

Yeppers, in Vic.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Thu, 04 September 2003 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good luck with the sale - Id have loved to have got it ( have spare funds now ) but still no space !

Lets hope your ra28 goes to a respectful caring home!
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Sat, 06 September 2003 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any update on this? Had any luck with the motor, still for sale?
Kergen-RA28
Occasional Poster

April 2003

Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Sat, 06 September 2003 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Couple of characters coming in the next 4 weeks - but yep still for sale atm :0) PM me if you wish
mista ra28
Newcomer

September 2003
Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Mon, 08 September 2003 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi i am very interested in your ra 28 and woulkd like to come and have a look in the next 2 weeks if it is still for sale, most probably will buy. love ra 28's especially this one, could u please write back so i can find out more about the car, and organise further with u, also can explain in detail what u know about the the timing chain/tensioner problem and how to go about fixing it or what it will cost.
mista ra28
Newcomer

September 2003
Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Mon, 08 September 2003 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could u also supply more pics if possible, eg side view, interior. because i am almost completely set on buying this car i just need to hear from you i sort a few things out.
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Mon, 08 September 2003 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, more pictures please.

CamZH
Kergen-RA28
Occasional Poster

April 2003

Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Sat, 13 September 2003 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gimme a day or two to burrow a digicam cos I dont think that holding the flatbed scanner to the car will work real well :0)
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Sun, 14 September 2003 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a fuckin nice car. how many kms has it done? what kinda condition is the body/interior in??
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Wed, 17 September 2003 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this car still for sale??
Seven of GAFFiO
Regular

July 2002
Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Thu, 18 September 2003 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn that bonnet looks good.

Did you do that yourself? or so howd you go about it? Smile
glen3190008702
Regular

October 2002
Re: Kergen's 1977 RA28 Fri, 26 September 2003 01:36 Go to previous message
is this car still 4 sale
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Lexus IS200 for sale...
Next Topic:FS: extremely clean Aus Spec AE86 sprinter