Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tairatcliff
Occasional Poster

July 2003
difference between ct26 turbos Sat, 06 September 2003 12:26 Go to next message
what are the differences between the dual entry and single entry ct26 turbos?
will they both fit on a 91 gt4 celica?
also what ones have steel wheels and ceramic wheels and which ones flow better. thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
tairatcliff
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: difference between ct26 turbos Sat, 06 September 2003 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also what sort of flange do a 3sgte gt4 have? what other turbo's will fit? and what power are the ct26 turbo?
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: difference between ct26 turbos Sun, 07 September 2003 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A single entry turbo will not bolt up to a twin entry turbo manifold or dump pipe and vice verca. The bolt hole configuration is different between the two. What's in your GT4 at the moment?

Of all the twin entry turbo's I have seen, they've all been ceramic. Single entry are steel, but the turbine & shaft are interchangeable if you wanted to make a hybrid steel twin entry turbo.

A single entry 7MGTE CT26 will have greater outright flow than the twin entry (they also have a larger compressor wheel), but will not have the same response as the twin entry's split pulse design & smaller housing A/R

Cheers
Phil
tairatcliff
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: difference between ct26 turbos Sun, 07 September 2003 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at the moment its the standard ct26 that comes witht the 91 gt4 3sgte. need to replace the turbo and wanted to know what would bolt straight up.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: difference between ct26 turbos Sun, 07 September 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aussie spec Gt4's ( like mine ) had non ceramic ct26's - steel shafts im positive ..

JDM GT4'scame out with the ceramic jobbies ..

tairatcliff
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: difference between ct26 turbos Sun, 07 September 2003 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i'm pretty sure its an ozzie spec gt4.
so i'm looking for a ct26 that is single entry steel wheel and how many bolts should it have on the exhaust housing to connect the dump pipe?
also what boost can you run with this turbo? beind steel i would think you could run a bit?
Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: difference between ct26 turbos Mon, 08 September 2003 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what I've read around the place, the 7mgte turbo is better than the celica one. Gives more power.
tairatcliff
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: difference between ct26 turbos Mon, 08 September 2003 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does it bolt straight up to the gt4?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: difference between ct26 turbos Mon, 08 September 2003 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you should read the thread again. Rolling Eyes
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: difference between ct26 turbos Mon, 08 September 2003 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is no need to get the std one replaced they arnt too bad just get it high flowed with steel wheels get rid of the ceramic, get the largest comp wheel that will fit in the housing and away she goes i have done this i think from memory its 64 comp wheel dont qoute me though i have been looking at alot of the turbo specs latley and i could be confusing them....

just to give you some rough figures i have 190rwkw at 17psi have done alot of other mods though but still u will notice a much better power and smother power delivery by the high flow u wont be disappointed !

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: difference between ct26 turbos Mon, 08 September 2003 08:53 Go to previous message
a 62mm wheels a bit extreme for a Gt4 thats basically stock otherwise ..

Im going a 52mm highflow setup on mine when its rebuilt .

as for the Gt4 ct26 - they are TWIN ENTRY on the st185 - the one off a ma70 supra wont bolt up without modifying your manifold to suit.

as per norbie said - re read the thread just to make sure ..

now im pretty certain the oz spec ones - like mine - are TWIN ENTRY STEEL SHAFTED TURBOS WITH NO CERAMICS..

the JDM's are twin entry ceramic jobbies.

PS comparing a RWHP figure of a MR2 - with a AWHP figure of a Gt4 is a bit on the Erk side - a Gt4 looses alot more power thru the drivetrain then a mr2 or a front wheel powered st184 for example ..

youll need to look at possible aftermarket computers , some injector tweaks , exhaust modifications - and other bits like intercooling and engine strengthening to achieve anything close to 190-200 AWKW in a st185 gt4

As per my avatar thing - mine got 113kw at the wheels at the recent toymods shootout- running 14 pound of boost , on a stock motor, with a stock turbo - bar cat back exhaust , and 13.5v of fuel pumpage instead of varyed 8-12v..

this should chage to close to 140kw with planned exhaust modifications and turbo highflowing i have scheduled for - before toyota nats in dubbo next year

A group A motor will fuel map to 17 - 19 psi boost with stock internals - but you wont achieve that on a stocko 185 ..
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Sensor locations on 3S-GE
Next Topic:Pictures of an SW20 a-a intercooler needed
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 12:43:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061259269714355 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.