Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shindeokure
Regular

September 2003
4age conversion in ae86 Mon, 08 September 2003 13:21 Go to next message
do i need to run a new fuel line when converting to a 4age in an ae86?
i know you're supposed to run a new 8mm steel line but i've also heard that the standard lines are adequate?
also, what sorts of pumps have people been using?
  Send a private message to this user    
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: 4age conversion in ae86 Mon, 08 September 2003 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you need 2 lines from fuel pump, return and feed...

what most people do is fit new 8mm line from the tank to the engine bay, and use this as the feed line, and use the original line as a return line, as you don't need as big a line for the return line...

not sure about pumps...
shindeokure
Regular

September 2003
Re: 4age conversion in ae86 Mon, 08 September 2003 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, thats what i plan to do.
but.. i've also heard that the standard lines are sufficient, so if i could get away with it, it would save alot of hassles bending steel/copper lines.
are heavy duty rubber lines ok?
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: 4age conversion in ae86 Mon, 08 September 2003 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer i've heard that also, but its really up to you, it should work yes, but matters how you feel, some people say its the proper way to put new lines, but others say if it works what is wrong with it... really up to you....

FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 4age conversion in ae86 Mon, 08 September 2003 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used new 8mm tubing, from tank to fuel filter,
Pump is a vn commodore pump and baffles welded into standard sprinter tank.

Never a problem and the option is there for different/better fuelpumps for the future.
Seadog
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4age conversion in ae86 Tue, 09 September 2003 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the standard lines are 8mm(5/16). My KE20 ones were anyway. So I just got another fuel line from a wreck...easy! And they are aluminium and heaps lighter than steel.
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: 4age conversion in ae86 Tue, 09 September 2003 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i ran the standard aussie lines when i put the 4age in my first sprinter, used a vl commodore pump mounted above the diff, never had any problems with it, but the engine didn't have any thing done to it, so i guess if you plan on major mods it would be good to have larger lines as the aussie sprinter lines may be too small.
matty.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: 4age conversion in ae86 Tue, 09 September 2003 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Standard AE86 fuel lines are 1/4" feed and 3/16" return. You can use the standard lines in an EFI setup, however I recommend installing a new 5/16" Bundy Tube fuel line. A Six metre length will cost around $25, and you can also buy a tube bender for around $20
shindeokure
Regular

September 2003
Re: 4age conversion in ae86 Tue, 09 September 2003 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks, i'll probably go with the bundy line.
also, is a mitsubishi evo3 fuel pump suitable? i'm not sure about the specs on these.
SPRINTAH!
Regular

January 2003
Re: 4age conversion in ae86 Wed, 10 September 2003 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm running standard lines with the efi pump and my mini surge tank in the engine bay... no probs as yet but the engine is stock.

Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4age conversion in ae86 Wed, 10 September 2003 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just used all standard lines in mine and never had a problem. I don't even have baffles in the tank and I never get surging even on a low tank, though others do have this problem without the baffles.
Im just running an external pump bolted to outside of spare wheel well above diff, not sure what pump it is.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4age conversion in ae86 Thu, 11 September 2003 02:06 Go to previous message
Yep, standard fuel lines aren't going to be a problem unless you're building a 600hp methanol-burning 4A. Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 new radiator - Hyundai Excel!
Next Topic:4AG(Z)E in a AE71
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 04:58:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064330101013184 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.