Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
1JZ into Sigma Tue, 09 September 2003 04:41 Go to next message
no you didn't read wrong. Embarassed
i'm planning this as a bit of a sleeper, all legal too as the Sigma came with a factory option of a 2.6 turbo, so a 2.5 turbo is all legit here in WA, with approval in principle being given.
my main Q is about the dellow gearbox conversions for the supra 5 speed and a clutch to take an estimated 400odd hp i'm aiming for on 1.2bar - ish.
can anyone help me with options for a manual gearbox? i don't have the $3500 required to manualise and beef up the factory auto, otherwise i prob would.
can anyone recommend a good size turbo too? i was thinking a 1.32 exh (ex TO4E) and a TA45 compressor. too big?
  Send a private message to this user    
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 1JZ into Sigma Tue, 09 September 2003 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope its a drag racing project,because even in a stock sigma they are the worst handiling car i've drove if you try and go around a corner with some stick the fron end locks up and the car goes the oposite way your turning - very dodgy

but each to there own
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: 1JZ into Sigma Tue, 09 September 2003 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe mate it's a sigma not an RX7. Laughing
nah it's a drag racing project.
a sigma that handles is a contradiction in terms.
i'm not loyal to the shitty mitsi, it's just got good drag suspension, light enough and legal to take a 1JZ that's all.

it'd just surprise a few people that's all. Razz
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 1JZ into Sigma Tue, 09 September 2003 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats all right then, if its going to be a drag car why dont you go really outrageous and put it in a corolla coupe (old skool) that would way half of what a sigma does but yeah sigma's make one hell of a sleeper.

so does a corona for that matter Laughing
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ into Sigma Tue, 09 September 2003 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Sigma never came with a 2.6 turbo - it was 2.6 NA or 2.0 turbo. Better re-check the legalities.

Why are you talking about conversion kits for Supra 5-speeds when 1JZ's came from the factory with Supra 5-speeds? Just buy a manual front cut if you want a manual transmission. Razz
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: 1JZ into Sigma Tue, 09 September 2003 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry, i meant 2.0 turbo. Embarassed it's not over 25% increase so it's not an issue and still comes under owner mods. (ie no eng cert req'd)
are the supra front cuts easy to come by over east? over here no-one stocks them, and the freight from adelaide isn't cheap for a front cut. i'd want one without a computer anyways to fit the Microtech MTX12, so i spose could i just get an eng / gearbox combo if they're that common.
i didn't think the manuals were easy to get that's why i was asking.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ into Sigma Tue, 09 September 2003 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manual front cuts aren't that hard to find, they just cost more.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1JZ into Sigma Tue, 09 September 2003 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alternatively you can source a 2jzge W58 5 spd with bellhousing, 2jzge flywheel and starter motor.

That combo will be anywhere between $1000-$1500 though.

EDIT: Slave cylinder, clutch fork as well.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 September 2003 06:53]

onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: 1JZ into Sigma Tue, 09 September 2003 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still cheaper than 4k front cut frieghted to Perth. Confused

and coronamark2, i can't use a 2.6 NA corona because it's NA. if you start with a turbo optioned car the rules are much easier. a turbo 2.0L is classed a "4.0L", and a turbo 2.5L is classed as a "5.0L", so it's still not more than 25%.
if you start with a 2.6 NA you get "2.6L", then add a "5.0L" you have technically almost doubled your capacity (under the eyes of the RTA).
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 1JZ into Sigma Tue, 09 September 2003 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt say use a corona i said use a corolla coupe (small, light weight) if you where going to get it full enginered and shh, i said a corona is a sleeper cause i have one and it does generate a lot of Shocked when i whoop some newb in his mums commo
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ into Sigma Tue, 09 September 2003 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pfft, freight isn't that much dude. I bought my engine and gearbox package from Japanese Motorsport in Adelaide and they charged $200 for freight.

A front cut will undoubtedly be cheaper, but most of the places in Perth are fairly expensive and most people seem to get a lot of their stuff from over east.
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: 1JZ into Sigma Tue, 09 September 2003 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet.
in that case one 1JZ and a factory manual coming up!
that's gonna be SHITLOADS easier to sort out and have running Very Happy
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ into Sigma Fri, 31 October 2003 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

How's the JZ Sigma coming along?

I just found this old thread and my curiosity is piqued.
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: 1JZ into Sigma Fri, 31 October 2003 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the sigma i was going to buy was sold from underneath me, so i abandoned the project and am now going to put a 1UZ-FE into my Datsun 240C limo. i have the engine already, and have scored a free delco supply, install and tune as part of a sponsorship deal. all up including the engine, engineering cert., exhaust and fuel system is costing me $4k. the original car was $900 and i'm selling the head off my old engine for $350 so effectively the car will owe me $4500ish.
not bad for a 13sec car huh?
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ into Sigma Fri, 31 October 2003 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I misread that at first and got really exited - I thought you were doing a 1UZ 240Z Shocked . Anyway, it all sounds good - I love those Toyota V8s!

Justin
JZA61
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ into Sigma Fri, 31 October 2003 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep!

is a 240 like a 260 or a 280?
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ into Sigma Fri, 31 October 2003 04:14 Go to previous message

If we're talking Zeds, then the 240 is the cream of the crop! I grew up in the passenger side of one - with a big doberman siting on the rear tray (they're 2 seaters). I think it was HPI that did a feature 1JZGTE powered 240Z some time ago. Smile

As to non-Zeds, I know next to nothing!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Howd "these" look on an ma61??
Next Topic:Another MA61 Mag decision !!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:31:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065138339996338 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.