Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

project car Sun, 07 September 2003 09:50 Go to next message
tossing up on a few different cars for a project.
What ever I end up with will be rotary powered,must be something different or rare which does make it a bit hard to get parts.
Must be able to get rego'ed no point building something that you can't drive.
Now a toyota would be nice but the rare ones are a bit ugly (sorry guys)
A mazda make the rota side easy but thats no challenge
A datsun 200b wagon as far as I can remember has never been in a mag so this makes it different plus I have a full rollcage to suit, race seat,3 harnesses,4 14inch chrome wheels with rally tires.
So what do you think I should do??? go wild and build a show wagon, get a cheap body and flog the shit out of it or find something else???
A neat turboed 13B powered 200B does have a bit of appeal
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: project car Sun, 07 September 2003 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buy Rod's Crown wagon, shove a 20B rotor in it Smile
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: project car Sun, 07 September 2003 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
even better, get a small rolla like Stewart's <http://drive.to/oldcorollas> and stuff a 13B under the hood?

is this the kind of thing you want to do <http://t-rex.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/pics/lqu inn4.jpg> Shocked
[apologies to Stewart for shamelessly linking to his site]
Charles
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: project car Mon, 08 September 2003 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the 200B wagon idea man...

You don't need to go show stopper but strip the car, bodywork, spray job, neat interior, wheels and suspension and of course, the 13B PP TT rotor motor Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: project car Tue, 09 September 2003 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a 13B turbo block for sale with hurleys, dowelled and ported for 5k. you can have the S6 5spd box and the centreforce single plate with it for another $1500.
brand spankers, never been started and oiled & turned every monday night.
i was gonna put it into a 1300 sedan but the thing had so much rust it wasn't worth finishing, the panels were good though but the chassis.... Shocked
i have a TO4E with a TA45 compressor ready to go on it, but i think i will keep that for the 1JZ.
other than that if you go a 200B wagon it will scare the SHIT outta people when you launch and the front wheels end up a foot into the air.
my choice would be a corona wagon of the same vintage though. better interiors and build quality.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: project car Tue, 09 September 2003 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
find a mk2 corona wagon that would be very rare i imagine cause i cant find any sedans in perth, anyhow they have a 2.6 6cyl so you could wack a 2jzgte in one theres plenty of room ask GT Very Happy Laughing
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: project car Tue, 09 September 2003 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mini cooper
2cv
mighty boy
fiat nikki

edit: i like the idea of something really small and incredibly over-powered

[Updated on: Tue, 09 September 2003 06:56]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: project car Wed, 10 September 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had plans of doing up a Fiat Niki...

Turbo Hyabusa motor with a bit of work and a custom dash housing one single Autometer 20,000rpm gauge to make ppl think Shocked Shocked Shocked ...

Would've gone pretty well I reckon but yeah, other things come first...
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: project car Wed, 10 September 2003 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I take it you guys don't read volkswagen mags Rolling Eyes

The pain... Someone put a volksie engine in the back of a fiat 500 i think.. with nitro... yeah.. well it's kinda like a motorbike with 4 wheels
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: project car Wed, 10 September 2003 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suzuki carry ute Laughing

yeh i am thinking along the same lines
i wanna sell my supra and move onto rotars

hmmm ke20 12a turbo...mrn4sa replica haha schweet
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: project car Wed, 10 September 2003 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lotus 7 kit car with a 13b bridgeport.
Would absolutly hammer!
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: project car Wed, 10 September 2003 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

find a mk2 corona wagon that would be very rare i imagine cause i cant find any sedans in perth, anyhow they have a 2.6 6cyl so you could wack a 2jzgte in one theres plenty of room ask GT

You couldn't fit one in a screaming fit!!!

Dave has custom extractors on his 2JZGEto clear the steering box. You will have much the same problem, except on a larger scale, with the twin turbos on the 2JZGTE. They're not exactly easy to just move out of the way Rolling Eyes

If you can get around the issue with the steering box, you will probably have to go for an auto and run a smaller diameter brake booster as my measurements suggest that it will foul also.

If you were to run a manual, you may be able to adapt a pedal arrangement out of a commercial van or similar for an on-pedal master cylinder. There is no room in the engine bay with the twin turbo setup.

About the only turbo option for this car is the 7MGTE, and maybe a 1GGTE but I'd suggest the car is too heavy and that you still may have clearance issues.

If it were me I'd be doing a Mk2 Supra...

[Updated on: Wed, 10 September 2003 21:50]

7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: project car Wed, 10 September 2003 21:52 Go to previous message
Quote:

lotus 7 kit car with a 13b bridgeport.
Would absolutly hammer!

I have a friend doing this, however to pass emissions laws you need to fit an unaltered Series 7 or Series 8 motor. Which is certainly a good thing, but very expensive. And the turbo setup will be too hard to fit in I would suggest. The guy I know will probably have issues with the steering column passing through the turbo centre Shocked
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Bog-kings crash
Next Topic:RIP = LRP ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 15:24:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052051544189453 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.