Toymods » General Car Talk » Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon14.gif  Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Tue, 09 September 2003 10:28 Go to next message

2005 Mustang[ 35 vote(s) ]
1.Like 23 / 66%
2.Dislike 12 / 34%

I know its not a toyota Embarassed , but DAM Shocked

http://autos.msn.com/vip/futuremodel.aspx?familyid =91&pictureid=0&usage=image&src=vip

Check that out. What a beautiful car.
It looks alot like a Shelby GT500, and yet soo contemporary.

I love it.

Quote "The Mustang GT Concept coupe, finished in Tungsten Silver Metallic, draws upon the fastback styling of classic 1967 and 1968 Mustangs, while the full glass roof quickly identifies it as a modern car. "

"with power coming from a 4.6-liter V8 with aluminum heads, a belt-driven supercharger, and a liquid-to-air intercooler that produces 400 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque. "

[Updated on: Tue, 09 September 2003 10:30]

Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Tue, 09 September 2003 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sort of looks like a Nissan 350Z from the back! But I also like it Shocked
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Tue, 09 September 2003 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the front looks wicked
but thats it

seriously....the rest i dont like at all

my opinion
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Tue, 09 September 2003 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they should have done what they did with the GT40, minimal asthetic changes.

im glad to see they tried to do that, but it doesnt quite work.

why do car designers like stupid steering wheels so much? whats wrong with a tasteful three/four spoke (with no spoke sticking straight up) leather covered wheel with no sharp metal bits????
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Tue, 09 September 2003 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very sexy!

Shocked

so erm.. where do they keep the keys to that baby? Very Happy
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Tue, 09 September 2003 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
..., um, ...
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Tue, 09 September 2003 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they had another prototype that they made, which was shown in 2002 or something which was 10 times better than that...

but still looks very contempoary, and is heaps better than any other mustang since the late 70s
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Tue, 09 September 2003 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I absolutely love that car, and it has been in my sig wishlist since I saw it a few months ago. Between that and the new GT40, Ford America have hit a few home runs. Good on ya Henry
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Tue, 09 September 2003 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I reckon it's pretty good. Not a car I would get, but nice anyway.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Tue, 09 September 2003 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why is everyone going retro?
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Wed, 10 September 2003 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One of the nicest looking amercian cars in a long time i reckon.

High tech yet retro

I've driven one too.....

On GTA3 mod Shocked
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Wed, 10 September 2003 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks sooooooooo much better than the current shape
Corvid
Regular

May 2002
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Wed, 10 September 2003 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tuff.. very Tuff.. Dont know about those lights at the back but.. True american style.. Root the design somewhere.. that is soooooooo fugly at the back.. those lights stretch across the whole car almost..
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Wed, 10 September 2003 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just had a look at some more pics of it, I have to question putting the boost gauge above the shifter tho Confused
http://www.stangnet.com/mustanggtconcept/gallery/images/MustCon_Conv_AutoShift.jpg

wierd

and Corvid, your avatar rocks! Maximum blingage! Laughing
vicchic
Newcomer

September 2003
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Thu, 11 September 2003 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BOYS BOYS BOYS you can't be serious........The new mustang you actually like it?????? They have destroyed the style and classical features that for so long have been associated with the synonymous logo. As the worlds biggest mustang fan i must say shame on you. The new mustangs are nothing more than a commodore or Nissan with a horse badge loosely pinned to the front. Mobile tin cans that bring nothing but shame to the mustang name. Now if you want a real mustang find your selves a picky of a 65 or 66 convertible. The new cars are becoming so similar in style that it is getting to the stage where it is hard to tell them apart. However drive a 66 down the street and heads will turn and every person that looks will know exactly what they are looking at.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Thu, 11 September 2003 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You tell em Vicchic! Get stuck right into em!!!

By the way, are you hot? Shocked Laughing Embarassed Rolling Eyes Very Happy
vicchic
Newcomer

September 2003
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Thu, 11 September 2003 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baby to hot for you to handle........... Cool Cool Cool
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Thu, 11 September 2003 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am a big early stang fan as well, that one Steve McQueen drives in Bullet gives me a chubby everytime I think of it...., and the 2005 stang is the first one that really harks back to that styling theme, which is why everyo... most Smile people love it. Its light years better then the dismal 80's and mediocre 90's mustangs. Thats my 5c
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Fri, 12 September 2003 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i like the interior but don't like the exterior.
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Fri, 12 September 2003 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like most concept cars it probably won't see the light of day, just like all the cars in todays drive lift-out at the Frankfurt motorshow.

Most cars look the same today due to their experiences in a wind tunnel, however slight that might be.
vicchic
Newcomer

September 2003
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Fri, 12 September 2003 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although i really didn't need to know about your bodily functions, Confused i must agree with you when you say it is a better shape than they have been in previous years. BUT they are still tin cans. A real mustang is made from steel.The earlier Mustangs have class and are built to last, todays cars are built to be disposable so that in 10 years when the wheels fall off you will go and buy another one.
At a rough guess the new mustang would go for what $80-$100,000????? For that price you could buy a fully restored 66 convertible and even have some spare change to buy a Celica or two...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Eventually Henry Fords predecessors might grow a brain and realize that they cant beet the earlier models and 1. give up or 2. go back to making them from steel stuff aerodynamics and fuel consumption. I don't know about you guys but there isn't anything sweeter than the rumble from the motor of a 66 even if it guzzles fuel like a dehydrated man given a beer keg..... Cool Cool Cool Cool
BOGking
Regular

February 2003
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Sat, 13 September 2003 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm this has been out a few months back and i thought it was a very very bad copy of the original Shelby GT 500.

the interior has plenty of nice features but yeah, it may not function or work too well eg.boost gauge infront of your hand. i think too much push from design than practicality.

I think its become abit too NEAT and CLEAN to be an American MUSCLE car.

I think the Ugliest part of the car is the Front! and then the rear. The Front Vent and Lights make it looks sleepy and droopy, just lik the AU falcon. And yeah well the AU nearly killed Ford Australia.

And the Rear... arr it looks lik it was designed by 2 designers. One designer for the FRONT and another Designer for the REAR and they meant somewhere in the middle! Razz The rear doesnt really match the front or anywhere, but maybe it matches under the car. Looks very Pontiac or something lik that too mee, boring.

I like the SIDES of the car best cause it retains some features and styling of the CLASSIC Mustang look. The wheel arcs looks sweet! and the Side intake vents! Yummy! The Signature Feature of the Mustang!

Design is Subjective but yeah... i think this is abit of an insult to the Original Shelby GT 500 lik the one in 'Gone in 60 Seconds'. U guys really think that this is betta looking than the original?!?! i dont think Nothing has beat the original shape and design, facts even prove that sales of the Original Mustang has never been beaten by another year mustang, cause they keep changing the look of it. Actually... this looks very similar to a Mustang that was designed by a Japenese Designer and that model flopped too.

i feel that Eleanor (the name give to the mustang in GoneIn60Secs if ppl dont know/forgot) is the pinnacle of the Mustang history and design , cause it retains its Classic Form and its history.

and yeah a restored Mustang is HEAPS betta than this new model, my mechanic is ringwood got a nice nice mustang and is restoring a red convertable for a customer. DAM! this is the only american car i like!

And WAT a 350z?!?! no way in hell that the look of this ugly car has any thing to do with a DAM HOT 350z! Maybe after a few crashes and BareBog on panels a 350z can look lik a New mustang! hahah The only relations of this Ugly Car got with a 350z is the SilverPaint. But Actually i think from the Side of this mustang it looks lik the new RX7, but is reverse cause i think the vents of the rx is at the front and not at the rear of the sides, behing the front wheel arcs. arrrr... im lost.

anyways...bye! Very Happy

BOGking
Regular

February 2003
Re: Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow Sat, 13 September 2003 09:08 Go to previous message
Youngy:

Dam dude u r far away ! haha its cool to see some 1 from that far actually post on Aussy forums.

Most concept cars dont make it to the road or gets very watered down is usually because of the cost of the car. and the politics of it all. Cause the general public do not like Bright and Wild looking cars, its too much for everyday lifestyle. and it cost of Self openning doors, and stuff like electronic Drive by Wire techology it too much and the general public is ready to accept it all that is y i think there isnt more IMAGINATIVE lookin cars on the road.

But its slowly coming around lik the Audi TT. I think that has been the most Controversial car in this life time that DARED to be different. and if WindTunnels set all the standards then the TT wont have ever made it on the road. Cause when that first came out it didnt have a wing/spoiler/lip, but yeah that took off and lost control when traveling over 100kmph.

anyways... Bye again! Very Happy

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA
Next Topic:Copy of Online Demand in Melb?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:21:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068089962005615 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.