Toymods » Tech & Conversions » unleaded fuel filler restrictor in ae86

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

unleaded fuel filler restrictor in ae86 Tue, 09 September 2003 08:34 Go to next message
had anyone had to make one of these for engineering purposes?
i gotta do ne for my car, any ideas would be great....
pics would be even better, thanx guys
  Send a private message to this user    
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: unleaded fuel filler restrictor in ae86 Tue, 09 September 2003 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope this helps, as I have not done it myself. I have heard that the filler from an AE82 can be modded quite easily to do the job. Then you just need to find someone who will weld fuel tanks - not that hard.

Rolling Eyes
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: unleaded fuel filler restrictor in ae86 Tue, 09 September 2003 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On my RA28 (yeah not the same car but still)... I brought a unleaded neck insert from BD4s, it slides down inside the original neck and then you can tack/weld it into place.

Cheers
Joel
twinturbo86
Regular

June 2003
Re: unleaded fuel filler restrictor in ae86 Tue, 09 September 2003 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres a place near liverpool called sydney compliance center
thats where i got mine, they are about $55 with the unleaded only sticker and the emission control label 4 under the bonnet
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: unleaded fuel filler restrictor in ae86 Tue, 09 September 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the tips guys....I'll put these away for later use when I need to do my fuel system.

Cheers!... Smile

PS Where are these compliance centres?

[Updated on: Wed, 10 September 2003 00:28]

JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: unleaded fuel filler restrictor in ae86 Tue, 09 September 2003 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's easy to do this for an 86, did it a few weeks ago, just get the restrictor from a compliance centre (i paid $30) then file the original lip off the filer neck, with some gentle bashing with a big hammer you will find that the new restrictor will wedge in nicely without welding.
matty.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: unleaded fuel filler restrictor in ae86 Wed, 10 September 2003 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone had any problems with after putting these necks in the fuel pump (at servo) doesn't click off when the tank is full?

In my Celica it always happens and fuel poors out everywhere.. So now I have to only ever put like 20 - 30 litres in the car depending how empty it is but can never fill it as end up with it all over the paintwork and my feet etc.

I'm wondering if the neck isn't far enough in.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: unleaded fuel filler restrictor in ae86 Wed, 10 September 2003 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did mine the ultra cheap way. Took out stock AE86 filler, cut it through just near the top so I could slide a washer in. Tacked the washer then rewelded where I had cut the filler.

It was hard to get the reweld air tight, but I plugged the last cracks with epoxy.

Hen

PS, the unleaded hole needs to be 23mm diam. Easuky checked though.
sebta22
Regular

August 2002
Re: unleaded fuel filler restrictor in ae86 Wed, 10 September 2003 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone fitted a filler restrictor for TA22? What did you use, can you use another cars filler neck?
purpleminiep
Regular

May 2002
Re: unleaded fuel filler restrictor in ae86 Wed, 10 September 2003 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I understand the rules but does anyone else think its silly that you have to install a filler even though you can only get unleaded fuel now at Service Stations.

Brad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: unleaded fuel filler restrictor in ae86 Wed, 10 September 2003 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep
I think a lot of the road laws are silly, and dont account for recent innovations & tech.
like dry cell batteries Mad
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: unleaded fuel filler restrictor in ae86 Wed, 10 September 2003 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I added one to my RA28, bought a filler neck from the wreckers (mine was from a comodore) and massaged it gently until it fitted snugly inside the factory filler.

It's not welded but the guy that did all the compliancing wasn't the most thorough either Wink

Cheers Kirk
SPRINTAH!
Regular

January 2003
Re: unleaded fuel filler restrictor in ae86 Wed, 10 September 2003 12:02 Go to previous message
so will i have to get one on my ae86 with 4age before they blue slip me?

cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:compression plate
Next Topic:electrical info
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 26 19:28:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050010681152344 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.