Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » Perth Mk2 owners united!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
icon7.gif  Perth Mk2 owners united! Mon, 01 September 2003 10:34 Go to next message
Hey Mark2 owners - I have started up a mailing list for Perth Celica/Supra owners and enthusiests in Perth, WA.
Send a message to:
M2K_WA-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
if you wish to join.
hopefully we can then organise some meets and some cruises, etc etc. Razz

Thanks
Damien
Perth, WA
TRD 83
  Send a private message to this user    
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Tue, 02 September 2003 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got a mark2 its a corona though - id be happy to come one a cruize though.
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Tue, 02 September 2003 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the actual group name, as I prefer to look on the site rather then get sheetloads of emails Smile
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Tue, 02 September 2003 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately this is just the beginning stages of some sort of old school Toyota Group, maybe ending up just old school cars in general (ie pre-90's cars).
Just trying to generate some interest at the moment - but there are apparently lots of old school Toyota enthusiests in Perth, so join up!
If you don't want to join the mailing list, then you'll just have to keep your eyes and ears open on the forums and hope you intercept one of our gatherings! Razz
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Tue, 02 September 2003 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make sure you tell us on here
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Wed, 03 September 2003 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA_TRD_83 wrote on Tue, 02 September 2003 13:17

Unfortunately this is just the beginning stages of some sort of old school Toyota Group, maybe ending up just old school cars in general (ie pre-90's cars).
Just trying to generate some interest at the moment - but there are apparently lots of old school Toyota enthusiests in Perth, so join up!
If you don't want to join the mailing list, then you'll just have to keep your eyes and ears open on the forums and hope you intercept one of our gatherings! Razz

as I said is there an actual website to view the postings, cause usually yahoo groups let you do that
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Wed, 03 September 2003 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've bumped into heaps of Mk2 Supra owners in Perth over the past few years. As well as Coroa & Cressida owners with similar engines. I think it'd be great if we got our s**t together to have a get-together. There are some wierd & wild conversions out there.

Off the top of my head (and man does it hurt with all that weight Razz), we've got
4ME, 5ME (lots), 5MGE (Euro spec), 5MGTE (2), 1UZFE, 6MGTE, 7MGTE, 1GGTE (2), 1GGEU, 1JZGTE (3 in production) Celia-Supras.

We could even try to generate some interest in Rick McDowell, the local writer/photographer for Zoom, HPI, Perth Street Cars, Rice4s, etc.

Let's do it!!!!

- Justin
JZA61

[Updated on: Thu, 04 September 2003 03:24]

coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Wed, 03 September 2003 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well lets all go to kwinana and see who has the best m motor Laughing

seriouly though a cruize would be sweet its getting people to go thats the hard part.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Wed, 03 September 2003 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well at first it will be more of a joining in on others cruises from some of the more bigger car clubs. ie - let them do all the organising, and that way, if no one of the M2K list turns up, you'll still have a cruise to go on!! Razz

Once we have a few more members - we can start organising some events of our own.
But for now I'm just happy to see a bit of interest in cars that you don't have to be earning $50K a year to own!! lolz

M2K_WA-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Cheers
DAMO
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Thu, 04 September 2003 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, we have to go to Kwinana when everyone's projects are complete! They're going to see all of us and go WTF? It'd be unreal!

WA_TRD_83,
Your car is actually a Celica XX is it not? How does the 1GGEU go? I was surprised by the 1GEU, but have never come across the 1GGEU on my travels!

Justin,
This 1UZFE Supra, have you seen it? I'm keen to hear about it, I was going to do it...but, I haven't spoken to the owner after a little...incident Wink I just wanna get my car finished on my own without anyones help Razz
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Fri, 05 September 2003 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well as i've mentioned far to much go to kwinana on the 21st for the last of the street legal sundays for this season!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Fri, 05 September 2003 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I'll wait for the Whoop Ass Wednesdays to start again in October, I work weekends.
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Fri, 05 September 2003 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

JCMF,

Nah, haven't 'seen' it. If I ever do, I'll take some pics.Think I heard about you 'incident'. Good luck with yer swap. Personally, I need all the help I can get Rolling Eyes ! And want to be mobile again sooner rather than later - buses suck!

- Justin
Ouch my tongue hurts, so much biting Wink
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Fri, 05 September 2003 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, it's all good dude Smile I know what you mean, I haven't resorted to public transport, thats the reason I bought 2 cars, but the Celica REALLY isn't doing it for me in the power stakes any more Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Fri, 05 September 2003 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW, any ETA on when you'll be finished, I haven't spoken to you since you started. What have you got done so far?
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Fri, 05 September 2003 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey nathan - my car is a Supra XX - genuine import from Japan - all the fruit - heaps of extra electrics and stuff the Aussie cars neva had Surprised

The 1G engine goes strong and hard hey! Not bad for the N/A 83 engine. When i first got it a couple of years ago, it had done 87k on the clock Shocked - unfortunately it recently past the 118k mark a week or so ago (but thats still less km's than my 95 Fairmont!! hehe)
The engine still looks like new and loves a good thrash! But I just need that little bit extra, and of course being a Jap car, i have to go the turbo conversion! Very Happy
But i have no complaints with the engine - I'm thinkin of buying a Corona body or something and dumping the 1G in there when I do my turbo conversion - otherwise it would be such a waste of a decent engine!

DAMO
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Fri, 05 September 2003 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love the way 1G's love to have their necks wringed Smile Corona would be cool, least the 1GGEU might be worth something unlike my 1GEU Smile

Oh, and its still a Celica XX, say it with pride dude...its not a Supra Smile Works for me Wink
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Fri, 05 September 2003 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah man - its a Supra.. I'm always correcting people that call it a Celica... it so downgrades it. Not that there's anything wrong with a Celica, but 'Supra' just has that extra bit of style attached with the name! Very Happy
It has NO Celica markings on it anywhere.. I'm sure the build plate has Supra on it too??!
You'll have to check it out when we get together for a cruise. Until then - leave me with my fantasies... however false they may be!! Razz hehehe

Damo
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Fri, 05 September 2003 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, it won't say Supra anywhere Smile It wouldn't happen to have a badge like my avatar would it? Wink I'm proud of its heritage. The Japanese never had a Supra persay until the Mk3. Never trust a wrecker, they will try to tell you that a Celica XX was just an "option pack the imported Supras had" *cough*loser*cough*. Very Happy

What colour is it? Where abouts do you live? I'll leave ya alone now, it'll sink in and you'll realise how cool and unique they are in their own right Smile
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Fri, 05 September 2003 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man - this is true.. either way, its a unique vehicle and I love it!!
Its getting hard to find decent examples of them nowadays - and I'm glad i have one of them! Very Happy

Damo
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Fri, 05 September 2003 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine was hiding a multitude of scars beneath the surface, bit of TLC and a lot of time, shes starting to get there finally!
Mazda626
Regular

June 2003

Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Mon, 08 September 2003 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill come ill bring my mothers AE71 Corolla 4AC Power with a slipping clutch..might eat your XX up there nathan..i got a whole 67hp
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Mon, 08 September 2003 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, maybe I better bring the RA60 so you have a chance Wink
Mazda626
Regular

June 2003

Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Tue, 09 September 2003 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And get beaten by a POS ?? nah id rather go out in style...XX style..Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Tue, 09 September 2003 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hope you don't mind waiting. And don't call the RA60 a POS, she has earnt her stripes Razz
Mazda626
Regular

June 2003

Re: Perth Mk2 owners united! Tue, 09 September 2003 17:55 Go to previous message
nah not at all Wink

i might have the 280zx nearlly done then Smile

then ill be able to stick with the XX for a little while then watch the XX ass go into the horizon...lucky i like the look of it Smile

Earnt her stripes hey ?? smoke some hyuandais ? dont worry with the XX you will be able to go for something a little more upscale Smile some WRX's
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Big Al's Poker Run - Perth
Next Topic:WA: RALLY Australia
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:35:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052239894866943 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.