Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » CCG goes to bathurst!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
CCG goes to bathurst! Wed, 03 September 2003 23:07 Go to next message
ooookie dokie!

whos coming and whos not?

detail are as follows

Event: CRUISE TO BATHURST CAR MUSEUM (Mt Panorama, Bathurst)

When: 20 September 2003

Details: Meet at Shell (Gateway) servo at 8:00am

Costs: entry to the musuem is around $12-$15

The plan is to head off to the Bathurst Car Museum, with a few short little stops, eg the RACE TRACK for some great photo and MPEG video opertunities!

We will be stopping for a short while at Cowra, for the cars that are a lil thristy, and for a great photo oportunity. This will be a full day event, so make sure you have your driving hats on ladies and gentlemen!.
Lets get some big numbers together and really let our presence known in bathurst!

The Cruise is open to everyone and anyone with a 'yota! for any inquiries give Mitch Sloan or Phil Eacott. an email and they will get back to you ASAP!
  Send a private message to this user    
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Thu, 04 September 2003 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends..... Neutral
CuRtana
Regular

December 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Thu, 04 September 2003 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends, looks like my baby is gonna be in getting de-cancered, panel beaten and painted. If I get her back by then, I am in.

Damian
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! (Sat. 20 September 2003) Thu, 04 September 2003 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep Chris, as usual, this is an open invitation to all Toyota owner to come and meet us for an easy cruise to Bathurst, Mt Panorama and the Bathurst Car Museum. If your are not a member of the CCG you are more than welcome to come along.

We at the CCG like all Toyotas and have a range of cars from older Celicas (Go Tweety@56RWKW!!!!) and Rollas, through some newer HOT performers to current Supra and Celica models etc.

Sooooooooo......email or call us if you want more details about the CCG or cruise details.
Cheers
Mitch - 0408994410
Phil - 0412699144
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Thu, 04 September 2003 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a bloody good idea to me!

Gumby and I bought little uhf radios today from dickies. $100 a pair. we suggest you go and pick some up. saves convoys disintergrating *cough* DUBBO *cough*

Laughing Laughing Laughing
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Thu, 04 September 2003 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben - just because you could not keep up with us!!!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 04 September 2003 14:03]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Thu, 04 September 2003 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn... the new guy with the 162 who I was going to bring along to this months meet (or should I say he was gonna bring me along, cruise in his car while mine is off the road) at the rate were going it is kind of a comp to see who gets there car back on the road first. (funny thing is they both stuffed about the same time)

Ahhh 2 weeks holidays, I am gonna be living in the garage, more or less... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Thu, 04 September 2003 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need to change the crossmember and get rego but at present i should be there
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Fri, 05 September 2003 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll keep, mitch.

The only thing stopping me is my speed limiter...

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Fri, 05 September 2003 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pfft get a real car that you have to drive and not an armchair and you dont have one of those new fangled contraptions Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Fri, 05 September 2003 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benmeyer wrote on Fri, 05 September 2003 10:37

The only thing stopping me is my speed limiter...

Ummmm... Ben.... the speed limiter only limits speed to 198km/h, but by then you are alreay redlining 5th gear, you can't go any HIGHER!!!!! Eye Spin (well you can if you want to rebuild your engine... again hehehe )
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Fri, 05 September 2003 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I learned my lesson mate, this is what i do.

Put oil in my car

its amazing how effective it is Wink
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Sat, 06 September 2003 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for that comment, NO EXTRACTORS FOR YOU!!!

Man progress goes slowly.... started changing all the seals.... even out of the car they are still damn near impossible.
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Sun, 07 September 2003 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your just not holding your mouth right joel Very Happy
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Tue, 09 September 2003 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno if i will be going now..

money is a big problem
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Tue, 09 September 2003 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris
At least come with Phil and I and you can have a blat in Tweety for a comparo with your white flash. After all the great work you have done for the CCG website mate I'll shout for the day!
Mitch
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Tue, 09 September 2003 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mitch i appreciate it..

let me think it over ok?

im going thru some rough times at the momento
cheers chris
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Tue, 09 September 2003 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There will be heaps of cars you can bunk up with odin if you want to, touch wood my beasty will be registered this week
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Tue, 09 September 2003 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry guys, i'm flying to QLD that weekend for the Jamboree drag racing. Anyone wanna take my car though? Laughing should be good fun around Mount Panorama, doing the 60kph speed limit of course Smile

Cheers
Phil
tuff_ra28
Regular

July 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Wed, 10 September 2003 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys its phil priset. anyone want to buy my ra23 with 1gge for 4g or i will trade for an ae93 corolla pref injected. i kinda need the dosh. ask around for me and get to me through mibile from phil or mitch. thanks guys any feedback would be great. its got
1gge, daiken clutch koni shocks at rear with swaybar and pedders springs all roung, standard ecu and is all engineered with new tyres. and the paint is good to. any more q's give me a call.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Wed, 10 September 2003 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much time and money have u put into that car over last 6 months??

any rego on it..

and ur phone number would be helpful so someone can call you
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Wed, 10 September 2003 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PICKY PICKY Very Happy
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Sat, 13 September 2003 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im i Im in my car is on the road again yay. Cool
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Sun, 14 September 2003 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
congrats!
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Sun, 14 September 2003 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooookie dokie!

Well I am officially out it looks like niether my friend nor I will have our cars ready in time... Crying or Very Sad

See you guys next month.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Mon, 15 September 2003 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well then mr wiso!

i donate my passenger seat to you!

at the minor cost of helping me with go juice!
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Mon, 15 September 2003 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. Now we have gotten through all the jibbering..... Who is going with whom. I will be travelling with Mitch, so that makes 2. Can we now have hands on hearts and solid promises, please.

Remember we are meeting at 8.00am at the Gateway Services Station and leaving at 8.15am sharp. If you are not on time you will have to play catch up.

Phil
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Mon, 15 September 2003 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in, Paula and odin are coming as well
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Mon, 15 September 2003 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be comin,
with no one, so far
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Mon, 15 September 2003 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the offer Chris but I think I may sit this meet out again, my car is so close to being finished, if I work on it all this weekend I could have it done.
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Tue, 16 September 2003 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cmon Joel.....how about a day off on the big transplant and you can ride in style in Gumbys new and improved 23! I am sure by now you can afford a day off with the Uni hols just around the corner. What is it 2 weeks off you lucky bugger!

Dont forget:

Event: CRUISE TO BATHURST CAR MUSEUM (Mt Panorama, Bathurst)
When: 20 September 2003 - This Saturday!!!
Details: Meet at Shell (Gateway) servo at 8:00am
Costs: entry to the musuem is around $12-$15
Cheers
Mitch
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Tue, 16 September 2003 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As I said we are soooooooooooo close, Saturday we are gonna drop the engine in and connect it all up, Sunday we will work on rewiring everything behind the dash. The engine bay is currently ready for it as I have swapped everything over from the cut.

And I have just had my 2 weeks off at UNI, I start back next week so I really want to get it finished this weekend.

Sorry to disapoint guys but I will definatly see you next month, with my new and improved 162-165 hybrid.
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Tue, 16 September 2003 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Murphys law (something always goes wrong) good luck with it Joel im sure there is a lot of people who want to see it finished
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Tue, 16 September 2003 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So a quick show of hands
Who's Coming!!!
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Wed, 17 September 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i get my car tuned for ecconomy on thursday!

so i guess ill be there!
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Fri, 19 September 2003 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK........Just incase you are not aware, this is an open invitation to all Toyota people out there who want to go for a bit of a drive to Bathurst tomorrow. Main target is the Bathurst Car Museum but we will have a few stops along the way just to have a chat, feed etc.!

It will not be a long day, just an informal cruise and all are welcome. We, of course, have a dominance of Celicas in the CCG, but all Toyotas are welcome to join in for a social cruise.

We will meet at Shell (Gateway) servo on Northbourne Ave. at 8:00am tomorrow/Saturday 20 September 2003.
Cheers.
Mitch & Phil
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Fri, 19 September 2003 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have fun guys Smile

Mitch, I heard about the latest purchase! Good stuff Very Happy

Trent
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Fri, 19 September 2003 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Trent. The 3TGTEU in Tweety will add just a bit more fun to the Clyde mountain!
Cheers
Mitch
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Sat, 20 September 2003 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What a great DAY!

theres something special about the shinning sun, the warm weather, and a handful of celicas tearing up the country side at 160 + kph!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

who us! NEVER!
i must say i was quite suprized to see "Tweety" roaring past me with Mitch's foot on the WARP SPEED pedal,

Very Happy

thanks to those guys who came! i had a really great day, and to all you other slackers! Smile ya just gotta come next time to see mitch get right up tweety!!!

oh and the muesum, Rolling Eyes

Im sure piccies will be up on the site pretty soonish!

seeyas next time!
gumby

TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Mon, 22 September 2003 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it was the perfect day for a blat to Mount Panorama! Of course, due to the long all day format of the outing, we only mustered 2 x 22s, 2 x 23s and a trusty well turned out Commodore of the Landwehr family. But of course, it is the quality of the field not the quantity that counts!

And yep, the soon to be boosted Tweety absolutely loved the flat out blat to Bathurst! You just have to love these old 2/3/18R 'G' engines.

So....for those of you who could not make it, well you will just have plenty of time to get your rides ready to come long to the next CCG event.

Catch you all with the next CCG event - 2 November meeting with TOYMODS, half way between Canberra and Sydney for a Show-n-Shine, Swap-meet and the famous TOYMODS BBQ!
Cheers
Mitch
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Mon, 22 September 2003 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are we having an october meet?
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Mon, 22 September 2003 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 wrote on Mon, 22 September 2003 13:40

Are we having an october meet?

Well we may just have an informal meet around the middle of the month, or myabe we can do something indoors like a great suggetion from Sebastion to go indoor rockclimbing at Mitchell???

What ya reckon CCG?

Mitch
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Mon, 22 September 2003 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED Cool
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Mon, 22 September 2003 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you did that I may be able to get some cheap Pizza's for ya's for lunch, something different..... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Tue, 23 September 2003 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and beer and
DANCING GIRLS
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Tue, 23 September 2003 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rock climbing sounds like a go.

Can Sebastian make arrangements for this?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Tue, 23 September 2003 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reading throught the latest Open Road (NRMA Mag) another idea for a mid october meet would be a cruise to the motor show in Sydney, well even if it's not official I am still going this year.
QIK 3SGTE
Regular

September 2003
Re: CCG goes to bathurst! Wed, 24 September 2003 05:44 Go to previous message
Now there's a damn fine suggestion. I will be going on the last Sunday (being 26 Oct), so if you are wanting to cruz up with me then let's talk about it at the October mid meeting and make some solid arrangements.

Phil
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Need to borrow a car trailer - In canberra
Next Topic:Street car sundays 21september (go there ppl!)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:18:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086581707000732 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.