Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
benen
Regular

August 2003
redline Sat, 06 September 2003 13:00 Go to next message
my friends have been nagging me to do a burnout in my car cause they didnt think i could cause theyre retards. I realised that i was doing 7000rpm so i stopped. This is the 18rg engine. What is the redline on these engines? what are the chances that i did any damage?

no more burnouts for me, or at least not until im concentrating properly and ready to change gears or not floor it once they start spinning lol. (used to an auto)

[Updated on: Sat, 06 September 2003 16:46]

Send a private message to this user    
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: redline Sat, 06 September 2003 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.geocities.com/mrdohc2000/images/cruise2aug/18rgtreattn.jpg

this pick was in a thread a while ago tittled
"how an 18rg should be treated"
lol

i personally wouldnt do it,

mine screams its arse off at 6500,

its got no worries about doing burnouts, but this diff doesnt like it too much...

[Updated on: Sat, 06 September 2003 17:50]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: redline Mon, 08 September 2003 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 18RG is a carburetted motor, right???

If so, there is no rev limiter at all and I would recommend that you rev it until your hear a slight "BANG"... Razz Razz Razz ... The redline would be where the letters on the standard tacho are written in red...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: redline Mon, 08 September 2003 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How often does someone drive a car in Australia where the standard engine is an 18RG?
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: redline Mon, 08 September 2003 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exactly, this 18rg is a replacement engine the stock is an 18r. thats why i asked.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: redline Mon, 08 September 2003 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Factory redline is 6500 or 7000, depending on version. They're pretty safe to 7500 or even 8000 with uprated valve springs, but power drops off suddenly past 6500 (if you have factory cams) so there's no point revving that high.

Burnouts are for retards.
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: redline Mon, 08 September 2003 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers norbie, it was an accident lol wont happen again hopefully. i did it twice in about 10 minutes. i took off afterwards and tried to change from second to third and missed but still put my foot down.

btw, mum says im not a retard Razz it was only that once

[Updated on: Mon, 08 September 2003 12:39]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: redline Mon, 08 September 2003 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 08 September 2003 22:34

has anyone ever told you you're a subtle and politically correct man norbie? Smile
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: redline Mon, 08 September 2003 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha yeah, trust me im not doing it again. its not worth it when u look at the price of decent tyres for 6.0" rims

[Updated on: Mon, 08 September 2003 12:41]

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: redline Mon, 08 September 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 08 September 2003 22:39

has anyone ever told you you're a subtle and politically correct man norbie? Smile

You may find this hard to believe but no, no-one has ever told me that. Go figure?
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: redline Mon, 08 September 2003 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, ur right though, they are for retards, i was a retard for a few seconds once Razz i cant say i've never done burnouts now Sad

[Updated on: Mon, 08 September 2003 13:25]

Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: redline Mon, 08 September 2003 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm sure you meant "retreads".

Mmmph.

I guess they're the same thing. Very Happy
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: redline Mon, 08 September 2003 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
burnouts are for retards
retreads are for burnouts
retreads are for retards
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: redline Wed, 10 September 2003 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benen wrote on Mon, 08 September 2003 23:40

burnouts are for retards
retreads are for burnouts
retreads are for retards

Hahaha... But thats exactly true...

Except mine were done on Pirelli P6000's...
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: redline Wed, 10 September 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does accidental slippage on wet surfaces in a fwd count as a burntout Rolling Eyes
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: redline Thu, 11 September 2003 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did this "accidental slippage" result in huge billowing clouds of smoke?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: redline Thu, 11 September 2003 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you can prove it's accidental, then no.

even if you get the tires smoking, as long as you prove it was accidental (although that could be very hard) you'll get off
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: redline Thu, 11 September 2003 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speaking of accidental burnouts, I did one the other day in my old college carpark. I was just leaving after paying a visit to some of the teachers, and on my way out of the carpark my wheels started spinning and smoking, and I couldn't get traction. Turns out the fuckwits have poured oil all over the carpark.

I think it's ridiculous that people are so desparate for a burnout that they put people's safety at risk by putting oil(or any other lubricant) on the road No No No
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: redline Thu, 11 September 2003 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah they used to do this (and still do) in ballarat. just dump oil on the public roads so they can do burnouts. its so fucking dangerous, not just for them but everyone else who uses that bit of road, im suprised someone has not been seriously injured on even killed

[Updated on: Thu, 11 September 2003 03:31]

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: redline Thu, 11 September 2003 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with Norbie. Burnouts are for people who have suspension/tyres that can't get traction.
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: redline Thu, 11 September 2003 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

this confirms my belief that the summer/easter/whaterver-nats burnout comp is another name for "retard hoedown"
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: redline Thu, 11 September 2003 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
let see.. it was wet... on an incline... do you really think there could be any smoke? it's just your good old fwd lazy clutch technique Rolling Eyes
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: redline Thu, 11 September 2003 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Thu, 11 September 2003 13:38

Burnouts are for people who have suspension/tyres that can't get traction.

What about for warming up cold race tyres?

To answer the origanal question 7500 should be about redline.When you hear the valves bouncing it's time to back off or change up.
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: redline Thu, 11 September 2003 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charliechalk wrote: Does accidental slippage on wet surfaces in a fwd count as a burntout

nah man it counts as neg drivin... well thats wat the kind sir in the blue uniform wrote on my ticket anywyas Rolling Eyes
ehheheehehe
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: redline Sat, 13 September 2003 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it just me or do you think tyre manufacturers have done this deliberatly...

when you have been hammering a cheap set of tyres and they have either smoked a bit of just generally been flogged they smell terrible.. but a good set smell kinda nice...
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: redline Sun, 14 September 2003 09:52 Go to previous message
ehendrikd wrote on Thu, 11 September 2003 13:29

yeah they used to do this (and still do) in ballarat. just dump oil on the public roads so they can do burnouts. its so fucking dangerous, not just for them but everyone else who uses that bit of road, im suprised someone has not been seriously injured on even killed

yes, its fucking gay. me and my mate hit the shit in his sa63 and WHOOOOOOOOOPS out went the back end. right near the main street too (curtis street Rolling Eyes )
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Polished 1G-GTE... slooooooooowly getting there!!!!!!
Next Topic:Opinions Please
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 18:03:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053021907806396 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.