Toymods » General Car Talk » Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Thu, 11 September 2003 10:11 Go to next message
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3084322.stm

No longer are the "Big 3" in the top three. Great news for Toyota fans.
  Send a private message to this user    
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Thu, 11 September 2003 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sif toyota doesent rock all Smile
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Thu, 11 September 2003 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe, just give them time.... soon they will be known as the "Big One" hehehe Smile
76_aShTrE~
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Thu, 11 September 2003 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tell you who rocks Smile

NISSAN Smile

Everyone knows this

If anybody watched Today Tonight (not sure if shown in other states), the thing about new cars and faults and so forth.

I noticed in the Top 10 worst car companies for new car complaints, Nissan didn't even make the list.

It went somethin like this:

1. Holden
2. Ford
3. Toyota

don't get me wrong i like toyota'z, like nissan's better thats all Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL, 76_aShT,

Did the name of the forum escape your notice? I am unlikely to agree with you. Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
76_aShTrE~ wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 09:19

NISSAN Smile

Everyone knows this

If anybody watched Today Tonight (not sure if shown in other states), the thing about new cars and faults and so forth.

I noticed in the Top 10 worst car companies for new car complaints, Nissan didn't even make the list.

1. Holden
2. Ford
3. Toyota

that is because they only sell a couple of pulsars and patrols! BTW this is toymods as in people who like toyotas Smile

I also like Nissans, but the overengineering of Toyota makes them number one on my list!
76_aShTrE~
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bassaholic55 wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 10:54

76_aShTrE~ wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 09:19

NISSAN Smile

Everyone knows this

1. Holden
2. Ford
3. Toyota

that is because they only sell a couple of pulsars and patrols! BTW this is toymods as in people who like toyotas Smile

I also like Nissans, but the overengineering of Toyota makes them number one on my list!

Are you serious, this is a Toyota forum? Fu(k i thought this was a nissan forum Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, Nissan is crap-tacular. Mum's boyfriend just bought a new Nissan Patrol ute, about $50k on road. It was pissing out oil from the transfer case, had to be replaced. This was in the first two weeks.
He's had the car for not even 6 months yet, its starting to rust in the drains running along the tops of the doors. Not one, but both of them.

Quality control my arse...
76_aShTrE~
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 11:16

Yeah, Nissan is crap-tacular. Mum's boyfriend just bought a new Nissan Patrol ute, about $50k on road. It was pissing out oil from the transfer case, had to be replaced. This was in the first two weeks.
He's had the car for not even 6 months yet, its starting to rust in the drains running along the tops of the doors. Not one, but both of them.

You shouldn't spread lie'z about Nissan's, they might get offended Mad

[Updated on: Fri, 12 September 2003 01:18]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
76_aShTrE~ wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 09:18

I shouldn't spread lies about Nissan? Pfft, why spread lies when I can tell the truth. What are you 5? Coming onto a Toyota forum to get peoples backs up? Twisted Evil
76_aShTrE~
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 11:19

I shouldn't spread lies about Nissan? Pfft, why spread lies when I can tell the truth. What are you 5? Coming onto a Toyota forum to get peoples backs up? Twisted Evil

Ok i'm sorry, I'm just in a weird mood. But honestly nissan's aren't "crap-tacular (doesn't this sound like a word a 5yo would come up with??) ", just because you heard one story, doesn't mean sh*t! It was on Today Tonite mate, nissan didn't even make top 10 companies for complaints!. If your smart you would know that doesn't mean that ever single nissan that comes out of there factory is 100% perfect. But in general nissan get it right the first time.

I have not sed that i hate toyota's, I'm just pointing out the sweet goodness of nissans Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Are you serious, this is a Toyota forum? Fu(k i thought this was a nissan ..

I'm detecting a little sarcasm. Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I'm in a nasty mood because I'm studying, so I'm going to go all Ed on you here.

Craptacular "Crap-TAC-you-Lar" - The supreme level of crapiness. It is so crappy its spectacular. (Originally quoted from Bart Simpson)

Yes, everything we see on Today Tonight is true, really it is Rolling Eyes

Perhaps a correct use of the English grammar would be appropriate, I suggest you SEARCH for the correct use of the words you're and your.

One complaint does not make a case for the whole company to which I agree, but don't neglect the fact percentage wise Toyota has roughly 3 times the market share of Nissan.

Bottom line is, don't come onto a Toyota forum praising the day that Nissan came into being. If you want someone to kiss your (<-- see) arse for doing so, go to a Nissan forum. If you wish to talk about Toyota's we're all ears dude.

Love me Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 12 September 2003 01:40]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come to think of it, saying that "Nissans get less complaints than Toyota", is like saying that your local corner store gets less complaints than Coles-Myer.
Surprised Surprised

[Updated on: Fri, 12 September 2003 01:47]

76_aShTrE~
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 11:39

Well I'm in a nasty mood because I'm studying, so I'm going to go all Ed on you here.

Craptacular "Crap-TAC-you-Lar" - The supreme level of crapiness. It is so crappy its spectacular. (Originally quoted from Bart Simpson)

Yes, everything we see on Today Tonight is true, really it is Rolling Eyes

Perhaps a correct use of the English grammar would be appropriate, I suggest you SEARCH for the correct use of the words you're and your.

One complaint does not make a case for the whole company to which I agree, but don't neglect the fact percentage wise Toyota has roughly 3 times the market share of Nissan.

Bottom line is, don't come onto a Toyota forum praising the day that Nissan came into being. If you want someone to kiss your (<-- see) arse for doing so, go to a Nissan forum. If you wish to talk about Toyota's we're all ears dude.

Love me Very Happy

Ok I'm actually quite pleased with your response, your keeping my mind very active, while i sit here at work doin nothing, because there is nothing to do (government job Very Happy )

ok I joined this forum, because i love the RA23 celica. It's a classic, i've already asked a few questions bout them here, and everyone has been quite helpful. So thanks Smile

and sorry man, i don't love you, I like this side of the fence, and if any part of my body were to cross this fence, i would definitly spew Very Happy
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
76_aShTrE~ wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 11:24

justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 11:19

Ok i'm sorry, I'm just in a weird mood. But honestly nissan's aren't "crap-tacular (doesn't this sound like a word a 5yo would come up with??) ", just because you heard one story, doesn't mean sh*t! It was on Today Tonite mate, nissan didn't even make top 10 companies for complaints!. If your smart you would know that doesn't mean that ever single nissan that comes out of there factory is 100% perfect. But in general nissan get it right the first time.

I have not sed that i hate toyota's, I'm just pointing out the sweet goodness of nissans Very Happy

Not being a fan of Today Tonight (Their "incisive journalism" somehow fails to strike a chord with me...) I'd point you to another, perhaps more reliable survey. The JD Power surveys run in America each year have listed Lexus vehicles as those with the least number of complaints, (for things such as quality-control etc), for 6 of the last 7 years...Guess who makes Lexus? Rolling Eyes
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't expect you to love me, I'm just getting in my own little touch of sarcasm.

I highly agree with biased99, there is something...biased...about the way Today Tonight does their thing...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why limit yourself to half the population? Smile

seriously tho, if you compare the number of nissans sold to toyotas (or ford and holdens) there's your answer.

A smarter thing for today tonight to do would be to state what percentage of cars sold result in complaints, but given the mentality at work, I'm guessing that was too tough, or didn't give them the answers they wanted.
That or their target audience wouldn't understand what "percentages" are
76_aShTrE~
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright guys

You are definitly all right Smile

Today Tonight, are always after ratings, as you can see with the hoon segments they show.

Yes percentages would have been a better way to judge quality. And yes i agree toyota probably does make around 3 times more cars than nissan.

And finally, I don't think of it as limiting myself to half the population, It think the more gay guys there are, the more women there are availible to straight guys like me Very Happy

I like Toyota's, but love Nissans Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like em both. well, nissan performance cars anyhow. except 180s and silvias.. they're WAY too common and boring.
throw me an r32 or r34 gtr and I'll love nissans Smile
76_aShTrE~
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 12:41

I like em both. well, nissan performance cars anyhow. except 180s and silvias.. they're WAY too common and boring.
throw me an r32 or r34 gtr and I'll love nissans Smile

I have to dis-agree with that, sil & 180's I think have way more potential than skylines, besides the GTR. Maybe that is why they are becoming soo common, think about it.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not denying they're an alright car.
but Iwouldn't get one for the same reason I would never get a wrx.
every ricer, wog, middle aged male rallying fan and his dog has one.
sure they're pretty quick, and handle nicely. but boring!
I've driven a few 180sx's, and they're nice.

I'll take an '84 supra with 200+rwkw any day though. the look on the wrx/180/skyline driver's face is priceless Smile
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i heard somewhere that the corolla is the most sold car in the world second only to volkswagen beetle? can anyone confirm this?
76_aShTrE~
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 12:45

I'm not denying they're an alright car.
but Iwouldn't get one for the same reason I would never get a wrx.
every ricer, wog, middle aged male rallying fan and his dog has one.
sure they're pretty quick, and handle nicely. but boring!
I've driven a few 180sx's, and they're nice.

I'll take an '84 supra with 200+rwkw any day though. the look on the wrx/180/skyline driver's face is priceless Smile

yes this is true, i currently own a sil n/a, but am looking for somethin different, as sil and 180's are becoming quite common. I'm looking for somethin different, with good power (love turbo) and not as much insurance hassles like the imports. That's why I was considering the RA23.

What do you guys reckon? what should i get? i have a max budget of about 12grand.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23 + 1g-gte
if you can do some of the work yourself, you'll still have a bit left over for some engine work.
76_aShTrE~
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 12:53

ra23 + 1g-gte
if you can do some of the work yourself, you'll still have a bit left over for some engine work.

I most likely wont be able to do the work myself, how much would it set me back, for like everythin, including re-spray, wheels & rims, exhaust, engine conversion, susspension upgrade and few other minor mods.

and how much would i be looking at for insurance (20yo with no so good traffic history ie. 8 speeding fines in the last 3 years Sad)
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
re-spray will be the expensive bit if you want it done properly.
try and find one with a decent paint job.

if you do a search of the forums, the cost of a 1g-gte conversion has been covered a lot.
rims + tires is totally up to you. could cost anywhere from $1000 to $4000
76_aShTrE~
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 12:58

re-spray will be the expensive bit if you want it done properly.
try and find one with a decent paint job.

if you do a search of the forums, the cost of a 1g-gte conversion has been covered a lot.
rims + tires is totally up to you. could cost anywhere from $1000 to $4000

Has anybody got a nice RA23 for sale maybe? or can anyone in brisbane suggest a place to go to, to check these out or whatever?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
perhaps post in the "cars wanted and for sale" section Smile
76_aShTrE~
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 13:01

Thanks draven, your an ideaz man Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
76_aShTrE~ wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 11:03

Hehe, [b]you're[b/] an ideas man...hehe, sorry couldn't resist. Seriously though, an RA23 with a 1G would be a good thing.
76_aShTrE~
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Fri, 12 September 2003 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 14:23

76_aShTrE~ wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 11:03

Hehe, [b]you're[b/] an ideas man...hehe, sorry couldn't resist. Seriously though, an RA23 with a 1G would be a good thing.

LOL you fricken nerdz that feel the need to correct spelling, honestly who gives sh*t Mad this aint no essay or job application!

Sorry just had to release some anger Razz

yes an RA23 with a 1G-GTE would be nice Smile

look at this, i offered this chick 4grand lol i just don't think i would be willing to pay 8grand + for it, what do u'z think?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;a mp;item=2431942938&category=18290

Oviously she didn't like my offer LOL

[Updated on: Fri, 12 September 2003 04:41]

charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: Toyota topples one of the "Big 3" in USA Sat, 13 September 2003 09:38 Go to previous message
So that'd be another toyota convert would it? so much for nissan Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Evolution Crash Video
Next Topic:Sneak peak - 2005 Mustang..... wow
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:31:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007288932800293 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.