Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Who makes a Workshop Manual for an RA28 Celica?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Timmy Turbo
Regular

August 2003
Who makes a Workshop Manual for an RA28 Celica? Thu, 11 September 2003 07:18 Go to next message
Exactly what the title says, just wondering which companies out there make them, and any relevant prices.
Cheers,
Tim
  Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Who makes a Workshop Manual for an RA28 Celica? Thu, 11 September 2003 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've only ever seen Haynes manual but as they're US based, they don't cover auto gearbox, the wiring diagrams are meaningless, ditto the stuff on body parts and locations of electrical devices.

however, they do spend a fair amount of paper on engine/gearbox/susp/brakes.

<hijacks thread>
but if ANYONE's got an australian-written manual for a RA40 i'll trade/pay it?
<starts crying now>
i just want a wiring diagram that vaguely resembles the wiring in my car...

Wink
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Who makes a Workshop Manual for an RA28 Celica? Thu, 11 September 2003 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your best bet is to contact official toyota parts dealer. I have a mate that works at one, and I'll be stopping in tomorrow about a manual for my ra23 among other things, shall let you know how it goes.
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Who makes a Workshop Manual for an RA28 Celica? Thu, 11 September 2003 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is one i've got. has everything i need to know about my ra28

http://www.pitstop.net.au/pitstop/upload/product/4361.jpg

Buy it
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: Who makes a Workshop Manual for an RA28 Celica? Thu, 11 September 2003 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My brother also has 1. Not sure if its the same as that though. I will check when I get home
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Who makes a Workshop Manual for an RA28 Celica? Fri, 12 September 2003 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ehendrikd wrote on Fri, 12 September 2003 07:21

This is one i've got. has everything i need to know about my ra28

http://www.pitstop.net.au/pitstop/upload/product/4361.jpg

Buy it

yeah I've got that one as well. Its ok for general but blows for anything specific, probabaly because it is covering 14 years
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Who makes a Workshop Manual for an RA28 Celica? Fri, 12 September 2003 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah would be nice to be able to get one specifically ra28, or even specifically 1st gen
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Who makes a Workshop Manual for an RA28 Celica? Thu, 18 September 2003 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry bout te delay, didn't get down to see him last week, called him last night. He said they can't get in manuals for the old celica's or the 18R engines, they can't even get in a manual for the 1G! Your only bet is to try and get a second hand one Confused
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Who makes a Workshop Manual for an RA28 Celica? Thu, 18 September 2003 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeahi bought that haynes manual, it's a crock of shit and basically has no relevance at all to my ta22- wrong motor, wrong insides, etc etc, i think it is based on a pull down of an ra40 or something
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Who makes a Workshop Manual for an RA28 Celica? Thu, 18 September 2003 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The wiring diagram matched up my ra23 which I'm happy about, but yeah, it's all R series engines
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: Who makes a Workshop Manual for an RA28 Celica? Thu, 25 September 2003 16:36 Go to previous message
yeah ive got that one too, the reason they dont have anything on 2t's is because i dont think america got them.. does have info on 18rc's and stuff which is also useless to me cos i have a rg.. oh well
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone see the two sprinters?
Next Topic:Now this is 'fully sick' toyota.....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 24 07:23:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044448375701904 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.