Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
2TG wanted Thu, 11 September 2003 07:55 Go to next message
Hey all im lookin for a carby 2tg prefferably 2TGR in good working condition, if anyone has one lying around ill happily take it off your hands.. i dont hav much for spendin on a engine at the moment so my price range is about $450 max depending on how good the condition of the engine is.. im not even sure if that is enough for a decent carbed 2tg... Confused Sad

thanks again Cool
  Send a private message to this user    
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TG wanted Thu, 11 September 2003 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$450.00! yep that will almost cover the cost of my reconditioned 2TG cylinder head.
But hey I have an oil guzzling 2T you could probably have for the $450.00.

regards Chuck.
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: 2TG wanted Thu, 11 September 2003 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol nah no thanks mate, my 2T is still pretty good, i just want twincams and twincarbs Sad Very Happy
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2TG wanted Fri, 12 September 2003 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heya man i have a 2tg with no carbs you can have for $150, plus i have some bigger cams if your interested in them
justin
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: 2TG wanted Sat, 13 September 2003 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is everything inside the motor alright??? Confused have you got pics?? which head has it got on it? (toyota part number) and what type of cams are they??

thanks heaps Shocked Smile
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2TG wanted Sat, 13 September 2003 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heya man the motor works fine, its got the 88260 head and the cams are from the 88261 head.
justin
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: 2TG wanted Sat, 13 September 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So basicly stocko cams, and later model yamaha head, cool.. so it does not need a rebuild or anything like that? everything else is still on the motor right apart from the carbs?? problem is how am i gonna get it up here to brisbane?? more importantly how much is it gonna cost me??
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: 2TG wanted Sat, 13 September 2003 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually dont worry about it man, it will probably cost heaps to get it up here.. also iam looking for the older model 2tgs cos they can with stand alot more caining than the later models...

thanks alot for the help though Smile
ta22celica_boy
Regular

August 2002
Re: 2TG wanted Tue, 16 September 2003 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey man i got a 2tg that ive got for sale in the trading post, i only put it in last week. the head is off for inspection and is excellant condition (88260)these heads are classed as the best as they have the double valve springs. it comes with twin solex carbys that are in good condition. the only bad thing is that block needs to be rebuilt. Very Happy you can have it for around $500 ono

i live in Durack, too

josh
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: 2TG wanted Tue, 16 September 2003 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i was looking at that ad in the tradingpost this morning, i was thinking whether or not to ring you.. but what do you mean by block needs to be rebuilt??
ta22celica_boy
Regular

August 2002
Re: 2TG wanted Tue, 16 September 2003 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just that it that it looks like it hasn't been used in a year or so, and probably needs new rings. but saying that you might find that it runs ok and could go without a rebuild for 6 months or a year
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: 2TG wanted Tue, 16 September 2003 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well sounds alright to me, but can i have a couple of days to think about it?? im running low on funds then what i started with Sad , but would you take 300 for it Confused ???
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 2TG wanted Tue, 16 September 2003 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you sgould get a pic of that engine to see it.

jason
ta22celica_boy
Regular

August 2002
Re: 2TG wanted Tue, 16 September 2003 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id do it for $400, considering that the twin carbs are worth around $200-300 Smile you dont have to pay me straight away when you get the money just give us a buzz. if you wanna come over and have a look that is sweet just give me a ring, my numbers in the trading post, so we can work something out. ill even throw in a distributor and fuel pump Very Happy
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: 2TG wanted Tue, 16 September 2003 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the head is going back on and she starts without too much hassle then ill do it for $400 Very Happy
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: 2TG wanted Tue, 16 September 2003 12:38 Go to previous message
should have left the head on ! doh! Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:clip for 3rd brake light SV21 camry
Next Topic:WTB: Standard GT4 bonnet
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-