Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
2GO Rally Results Sun, 14 September 2003 23:39 Go to next message
Well were back from a very Sucessfull 2GO state rally the 2 Toymods Teams that were there Myself and John in the RV corolla had a very mixed event.

We started the morning seeded at car 54 but finished the event a very respectable 28th and 4th in class, with the others in my class finishing 27th and 26th outright, so nearly a podium for me.

We had a few steering problems as on the first stage our steering rack devoloped a slight miss, i either managed to break a few teeth, or broke a rack end, as we hit a rather large bumb at speed and put the steering off centre and a few stages later i hit another large bump and it knocked the steering straight again, until a couple of stages later it knocked of centre again until the finish. But other then that the rally went to plan, not a single off by me, and the car ran strong all day.

Bring On Canberra Rally in November.

http://www.mfoto.aust.com/mfoto2001/photos/dk/54_2go_dk03.jpg

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE

Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2GO Rally Results Mon, 15 September 2003 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben, I saw you on Saturday.. Was good day!

Cheers
Joel
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 2GO Rally Results Mon, 15 September 2003 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well done Ben.. time to chase a few more seconds Smile ready for some more pwoer yet?

oh hey as a side line what size were your rear discs again???
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2GO Rally Results Mon, 15 September 2003 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael
yes its defineately time to chase some more seconds, but before the engine ive got alot of suspension and brake work to come in the next 2 months (did someone say 4 spot calipers)...

The size of my current rear calipers are 230mm, if your after some really good brake fluid try some Motul RBF600, it is relatively cheap, and has a dry boiling point of 312 Deg and a wet boiling point of 216. It made the rally car stop like a charm Very Happy

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 2GO Rally Results Mon, 15 September 2003 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm Ive got some info on a new rear set up for you then Smile 260mm Wink
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 2GO Rally Results Mon, 15 September 2003 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Jhonny where did you finish?
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2GO Rally Results Wed, 17 September 2003 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah you fair very well ben.... better than us! Electrical problems all day... ended up second last (31st), we traced it down to a bad pickup and ignititor in the dizzy. One thing I did have on my mind was just to finish heat 1 and come back for heat 2, but broken shock put an ended to that Idea, oh well, always next year! Hey Ben, are you going starmart or port Mac?
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2GO Rally Results Wed, 17 September 2003 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hay Johnny

The problems you had on the weekend were exactle the same problems we had at bathurst, oh well thats rallying..

Unfortuneately work comitments mean i have to miss Port Macquarie, so our next event will defineately be Nations Cup at canberra in November.. but at least it gives me 2 month to do some more developement work Smile

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: 2GO Rally Results Wed, 17 September 2003 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any of you guys involved in rallying suggest how I learn how to be a navigator/co driver?
I officiate at a few events & have always to get involved, but unfortunately the finace have, and never will I think, allow me to be a driver.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I'm thinking about going to NZ next year for the WRC, I think a group would be better. Anyone else interested?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 2GO Rally Results Wed, 17 September 2003 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you guys thought about mounting the ignitor in a vibration resistant case? i.e. in a rubber/foam block? maybe that will reduce some of the problem?? vibration can also cause a distortion in the signal especially if mounted on a metal surface as it will induce unwanted noise on the media (wires).

[Updated on: Wed, 17 September 2003 11:22]

Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2GO Rally Results Thu, 18 September 2003 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

have you guys thought about mounting the ignitor in a vibration resistant case? i.e. in a rubber/foam block? maybe that will reduce some of the problem?? vibration can also cause a distortion in the signal especially if mounted on a metal surface as it will induce unwanted noise on the media (wires).

Tell me about it... The problem with mine is that I'm running the 7AFE dizzy ie ignitor+coil+pickup are all one unit contained within the Dizzy. I'm 100% sure the Heat+vibration destory these things quite quickly (up to my second for the year now!)... simple fix, we are now running a 20V setup, so all this will be seperate now and we're doing as you said... rubber mounts.
Quote:

Any of you guys involved in rallying suggest how I learn how to be a navigator/co driver?
I officiate at a few events & have always to get involved, but unfortunately the finace have, and never will I think, allow me to be a driver.

you'll need to join a CAMS affilated club, send some cash and an application to CAMS for the Nat'rally Nav license and pass a test which you do on the net, from there, you just need a car and driver and a good stomach!
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 2GO Rally Results Thu, 18 September 2003 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aww cmon Johnny Smile you know the real solution is a Motec Smile im sure youve got 10 or 15K stashed in your back pocket for a decent one LOL

[Updated on: Thu, 18 September 2003 09:20]

Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2GO Rally Results Fri, 19 September 2003 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Motec
Shocked has someone said something about my next project Very Happy
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 2GO Rally Results Fri, 19 September 2003 07:43 Go to previous message
ooooohhh Very Happy pm me some details and ill send you some pics of my new engine in return Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Respraying
Next Topic:Where to get boss kit/hub for AE86?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 09:54:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051310062408447 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.