Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
incoming
Newcomer

September 2003
civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Mon, 15 September 2003 03:31 Go to next message
i got a 92 mod civic sedan wit b16a in it

anyways i raced this 20v rolla about 3 times...
this first time he got me (traction loss) but the next to times i beat him by about half a car length... hehe he was pretty pissed and i was pretty surprised!

the non turbs mr2 was no probs! beat him every time!!

thought id share it with u toyota boys
  Send a private message to this user    
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Mon, 15 September 2003 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you come on a toyota forum and brag about beating them? Rolling Eyes

It must have been the mugen stickers that gave you the racers edge Laughing

just fkn with you dude

but on a more serious note get a toyota Very Happy
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Mon, 15 September 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, seriously, get a toyota Smile
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Tue, 16 September 2003 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed get a toyota or race me !!!!!! Very Happy
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Tue, 16 September 2003 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell even i'll give you a run Smile
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Tue, 16 September 2003 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ermm guys... have a look at his handle...... you all just took the bait Smile
incoming
Newcomer

September 2003
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Wed, 17 September 2003 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man NON turbo Rolling Eyes

i was thinking of going nissan hehe

btw, my misses has a turbo type R Twisted Evil
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Wed, 17 September 2003 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so shes just as silly as you then ay? Laughing
does it have a milo tin?

Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Wed, 17 September 2003 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coronamark2 wrote on Wed, 17 September 2003 12:38

so shes just as silly as you then ay? Laughing
does it have a milo tin?

I just picked up the 44gallon drum for my ful sik zorst today.
76_aShTrE~
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Wed, 17 September 2003 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRA11Y wrote on Tue, 16 September 2003 12:50

ermm guys... have a look at his handle...... you all just took the bait Smile

YEH GO THE NISSANS Smile Laughing Very Happy
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

icon14.gif  Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Sat, 25 October 2003 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoL i duno why im posting this now... but you guys know that Hondas have the best N/A engines in the world in regards to hp to displacement don't u?
b16a motor puts out 100 hp per litre...
peace
btw its fuken late..
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Sun, 26 October 2003 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VuVu wrote on Sun, 26 October 2003 05:38

LoL i duno why im posting this now... but you guys know that Hondas have the best N/A engines in the world in regards to hp to displacement don't u?
peace
btw its fuken late..

who gives a shit.. turbo an engine.. and its better.. maybe if they used their technology in conjuction with a turbo it would mean something to me
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Mon, 27 October 2003 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the power of my ride on mower compells you. Very Happy
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Mon, 27 October 2003 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 27 October 2003 07:50

VuVu wrote on Sun, 26 October 2003 05:38

peace
btw its fuken late..

who gives a shit.. turbo an engine.. and its better.. maybe if they used their technology in conjuction with a turbo it would mean something to me

nah vtec goes harder Very Happy
turbo'd vtec is fukin nutz... saw a turbo civic vti rip a S15 with FMIC at the drags other nite... Smile good shit
peace
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Mon, 27 October 2003 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh.. i wont knock their technology AFTER turbo-ing.. just before.. why not turbo when u can, and push the limits to make ur car a good car
and make turbo conversions less for everyone else
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Mon, 27 October 2003 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno why they don't put turbo.. its just the way they do things.. some policy aint sure Confused
they onli ever turbocharged one car.. city turbo lol Very Happy
but vtec is very good economically.. plus it is more reliable then a turbocharged car... well thats wat i think neway
peace
btw. from personal experience vtec shits all over turbocharged cars top end... Shocked
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Mon, 27 October 2003 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah.. but still.. they arent competative with all the other manufacturers for arouynd the same price range
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

icon7.gif  Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Tue, 28 October 2003 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont know if its true 100% but I heard overseas they have a COrolla with the 2zzge motor in it. I dont think they bought it out in OZ because it rips the celica and creates alot of pissed off celica owners. But this Rolla also rips the Integra Type R.

So much for HONDA'S!!
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Tue, 28 October 2003 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol u fools with the straight line speed..
integra type r is a race car.. ie track car
they have fuken sick cornerning speed.. if you have been in an ITR then you'd know wat i mean.. doesn't even feel like an FF car...
peace
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Wed, 29 October 2003 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AttentionSeca wrote on Tue, 28 October 2003 22:41

Dont know if its true 100% but I heard overseas they have a COrolla with the 2zzge motor in it. I dont think they bought it out in OZ because it rips the celica and creates alot of pissed off celica owners. But this Rolla also rips the Integra Type R.

So much for HONDA'S!!

The Corolla with the 2ZZGE motor is the Corolla Sportivo man...
141kW... And yeah, they beat Celica's easily...
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Wed, 29 October 2003 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well there you go I was told thy werent going to bring em out cuz of the fact that celicas are suposed to be sports cars andyou dont want a non sports car thats cheaper beating it.

And yeah they still rip the integra Type R's!!!!! Laughing
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Wed, 29 October 2003 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how fast are they?
integra type r's are 7 second 0-100 n high 14 quarters... corolla won't beat Integra on track tho..
celeca's i think are definately underpowered... waaaaay underpowered...

peace
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Thu, 30 October 2003 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

btw. from personal experience vtec shits all over turbocharged cars top end...

what planet are you from i garentee that a turboed car will shit all over any vtec in top end if setup correctly.... i will agree that there are vtecs that will rev out maybe a little faster in top end due to the vtec but thats it....
type r's are good but why did my mate have to turbo his????? answer that one smarty pants!!!

SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Fri, 31 October 2003 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AttentionSeca wrote on Wed, 29 October 2003 22:45

Well there you go I was told thy werent going to bring em out cuz of the fact that celicas are suposed to be sports cars andyou dont want a non sports car thats cheaper beating it.

And yeah they still rip the integra Type R's!!!!! Laughing

Yeah you are an attention seca... and have no fucking clue also.....

A corolla ripping ITRs??? Get your head out of your ass mate and wipe your chin cause you dribbling verbal effluent!
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Fri, 31 October 2003 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR. 2 wrote on Fri, 31 October 2003 08:46

Quote:

btw. from personal experience vtec shits all over turbocharged cars top end...

what planet are you from i garentee that a turboed car will shit all over any vtec in top end if setup correctly.... i will agree that there are vtecs that will rev out maybe a little faster in top end due to the vtec but thats it....
type r's are good but why did my mate have to turbo his????? answer that one smarty pants!!!

man u haven't been in much vtecs have u?
standard wrx's i've been upto 230 km/h... and it took ages to get there...
in an integra vtir we got upto 250km/h.. stock as well cept for exhaust... so how did a 1.8 litre engine beat a 2 litre turbo engine? u tell me mate..

ur mate turbo'd his integra cz its straight line speed isn't so great... but around the corners because of its active lsd.. it can corner better... but hey you know that alreddy right? Rolling Eyes

later...
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Sat, 01 November 2003 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Active LSD? I thought they carried a Helical LSD.....

Oh well don't ask me I don't know the difference between the two.
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Sat, 01 November 2003 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me neither..
its some form of super cool lsd.. puts the torque on the outside wheel while cornering to prevent understeer... Very Happy
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Sun, 02 November 2003 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Honda and the VTEC engine system are fuccin made piece of engineering!
Only thing that mechanically turnbs me off Hondas is the fact that most of them are FWD besides the budifal S2000..... and personally Id neva spend the money on an NSX.

But on the other side what really turns me off Hondas is the minority (or majority I guess hehe) or typical Honda boy (often Civic) drivers.... that think that Honda is untouchable and ultimate etc etc etc. The attitudes, you know.

I love all performance cars and all havetheirhigh points, personal favz exist for me though many manufacturers.

However I have never seen a forum ran as well as a Toyota one, in Australia at least...

[Updated on: Sun, 02 November 2003 05:43]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Sun, 02 November 2003 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres only one way to make a honda owner humble - and thats to spank him or her in a race/ off the lights ..

I like Some hondas - like the NSX and The proper Type R civics and Integras , but hey - i own A gt4 .. Its bulletprrof , boosted , all wheel drive , looks sweet as , and can make a mockery of most cars on the road, for a hell of a lot less $$ outlay Wink

Thems to their own - but honda owners need bringing down a peg now and then Smile
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Sun, 02 November 2003 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mum has a cr-v Surprised
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Sun, 02 November 2003 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol did you know the C-RV stands for COMFORTABLE RUNABOUT VEHICLE? im not shittin ya.. Laughing
even tho i like honda better because of its incredible vtec technology... i would have to agree that there are alot of gay honda civic boys and to an extent integra GSI... with all their mugen stickers and full sik fake vtec engines (where they give it half throttle till 5k rev and then gun it) ahha

classique71 how fast is your car? would they be able to beat wrxs cz they are heavy arn't they..? somthing like 1500kg.. in stock form can achieve high 15 second quarter miles?
Very Happy peace
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Sun, 02 November 2003 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPEEDCORE wrote on Fri, 31 October 2003 15:59

Yeah you are an attention seca... and have no fucking clue also.....

A corolla ripping ITRs??? Get your head out of your ass mate and wipe your chin cause you dribbling verbal effluent!

First of all speedcore you dont be a fucken smartass cuz I dont appreciate it!

Second Im just G'n em up and third trust me the integra only get's the corolla sportivo by about half a car if that, Ive seen em run at the Grange.

Check the specs on each bitch the sportivo is only 6kw less and 30 Kilos heavier.

By the way the Integra needs that extra 200 cc to be able to keep up with the sportivo.

Oh yeah and dont fuck wit me again!!
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Sun, 02 November 2003 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attentionseca why are you contradicting yourself?
you say..
Quote:

And yeah they still rip the integra Type R's!!!!!

but then
Quote:

the integra only get's the corolla sportivo by about half a car if that

i wouldn't call that ripping the integra...
i haven't been in the corolla sportivo before.. but im pretty sure that integra type r would go harder.. because it is built for racing...

peace
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Sun, 02 November 2003 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Read the previous post!I was G'n em up.
Just messin with them dude!!

I know the integra beats it but not by much.
I was talking to another guy on the net who posted me figures from his magazine sayin that ovet a 1 Kilometer run the Integra got 27.6 sec and the corolla got 28.2 sec dont ask me why they did it over 1km instead of 1/4 mile but they did and that was the results.
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Sun, 02 November 2003 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol alrite Very Happy
i despise the "sportivo" label... they beef up the car cosmetically onli.. i.e ECHO sportivo lol

peace
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Sun, 02 November 2003 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Love how you turn your shit around and say you where G'ing us up! Rolling Eyes

I'm still pissing myself at how you can compare an ITR to a Sportivo.... you said something about the extra 200cc...... you are comparing it to the DC5 type R.... I was going on about the DC2 R.... B18.... 1800cc.... and it would still put a Sportivo to shame....

On a side not..... I think you forget that you have to turn the steering wheel every now and then!

LoL "don't fuck with you again"..... am I supposed to be intimidated? Internet threats are so funny..... Laughing
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Mon, 03 November 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well look ill give you my address and when your down this way come visit bro!! 29 Kenny St Wollongong Or you can gimme yours and Ill come visit you!!

Are you fucken stupid speedcore Im talkin over 1/4 mile. Sportivo is still a medium family car and Integra is built for racing I think thats pretty sad that the Sportivo comes so close to the integra shows how good Honda is. Not only that but you have to pay a shit load more for the integra.
PATHETIC!!!! Laughing Laughing

By the way are you askin mummy if you can go on the net before you connect??

P.S your the one on the Toyota forum dickhead!!
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Mon, 03 November 2003 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well your right seca the integra is built for racing... thats why you shouldn't compare the sportivo and the ITR for only quarter mile...

didn't you know that the integra type r is the best car cz its the best in initial d? Laughing lol just fukin around

peace brah
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Mon, 03 November 2003 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VuVu wrote on Sun, 02 November 2003 20:11

classique71 how fast is your car? would they be able to beat wrxs cz they are heavy arn't they..? somthing like 1500kg.. in stock form can achieve high 15 second quarter miles?
Very Happy peace

The Gt4 is about 150Kg heavier than a WRX i believe ( mine is anyway - 165's and 205's are lighter ) So in a straight line a WRX would win ..

Power wise - Mines as potent as a current WRX ( not STI ) in the KW stakes - give or take 5kw - so powerwise its pretty even, it just has to carry the extra weight

Handling wise - Stock - A WRX would beat mine - but my suspensions no longer stock, So in the bends - id say the my gt4 in particular would be a capable match for any WRX that hasnt been overly modified.. ( mines much closer to a targa-rally type setup)

Quarter mile wise - im yet to see what its cabable of - planning to do this after the ECU and Exhaust gets swapped .. Guessing with a good launch - will see it in the 14's with ease - and if im lucky in the 13's. Ive seen at least 6 GT4's in the low 13's with similar mods to what ive got planned for mine , and a few in the 11's and 12's with greater modifications

Just a rough rundown - still in the building stage - its more of a corners and track type car then a 1/4 mile car - Gt4 is no way the ideal choice for straight line racing .. Thats more Supra territory

[Updated on: Mon, 03 November 2003 07:34]

VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Mon, 03 November 2003 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah okies that sounds sweet as
in my friends boosted wrx we ripped a gt4 by a fair few car lengths.. (at least 6-7) but then again it mite just be the driver...
well good luck with the car.. i have seen some pretty hot gt4's.. good bang for buck i rekonz

peace
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Tue, 04 November 2003 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VuVu - my guess is either it was a very ill Gt4 , a Gt4 mockup - or your mates WRX is a little more Boosted than your letting on ..
Or more likely - the Guy couldnt launch the Gt4 ( its BLOODY HARD to do ! )

Ive had a few goes for fun with WRX's - and even the old ta22 i had kept within 3 car lengths of them ..
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Tue, 04 November 2003 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AttentionSeca wrote on Mon, 03 November 2003 16:35

Well look ill give you my address and when your down this way come visit bro!! 29 Kenny St Wollongong Or you can gimme yours and Ill come visit you!!

Are you fucken stupid speedcore Im talkin over 1/4 mile. Sportivo is still a medium family car and Integra is built for racing I think thats pretty sad that the Sportivo comes so close to the integra shows how good Honda is. Not only that but you have to pay a shit load more for the integra.
PATHETIC!!!! Laughing Laughing

By the way are you askin mummy if you can go on the net before you connect??

P.S your the one on the Toyota forum dickhead!!

In case you have mistaken our forums for something else... we here at Toymods do appreciate other cars from whatever make.... and formostly do not judge a cars PERFORMANCE solely by the 1/4mile times that they are capable of.... this is a grossly inadequate way to judge the performance capabilities of cars, and will never be a sole motivating factor in deciding a winner in a professionally appointed car comparo.

Thankyou for your hospitality, I might need a place to crash when I come down to a Toymods Dyno Day next year.

Paying more for the ITR, this comes down to development costs of creating, the best handling FF car in the world. Not just merely putting a Celica engine, leather and suspension revised on something that is not very inspiring to drive other wise.

As for my internet status, I am able to access it at will without the need for permission from my mother who is 13,000km away, would be a bit silly to have to 0011 international call just to ask for permission now wouldn't it, especially since I haven't lived with her for 5 years... she is the best mum in the world..... I can do whatever I like in my own home.

Yes you are right I am on a Toyota forum.... how thoughtful of you to redirect my train of thought......

VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Tue, 04 November 2003 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Tue, 04 November 2003 17:27

VuVu - my guess is either it was a very ill Gt4 , a Gt4 mockup - or your mates WRX is a little more Boosted than your letting on ..
Or more likely - the Guy couldnt launch the Gt4 ( its BLOODY HARD to do ! )

Ive had a few goes for fun with WRX's - and even the old ta22 i had kept within 3 car lengths of them ..

nah real gt4.. heard the bov nice n clear...
dunno.. my friend is a pretty good driver.. launches perfectly... dunno about how boosted it really is... but he does beat alot of supposedly faster cars...

hard to launch gt4's cz they're heavy? lol Surprised
dunno.. don't really encounter much gt4's...

peace
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Tue, 04 November 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The extra money you spend on an Integra could be put towards the Sportivo to give it just as good if not better handling than the Integra anyways. Razz

Its amazing how insecure peoplefeel about themselves when you G them up! Laughing

Why are we even talking about this you probably couldnt even afford to put petrol in an Integra nevermind own one!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Tue, 04 November 2003 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol attention seca..
that is by far the worst un educated thing u've sed Razz
integras brilliant handling is far more than shocks and springs.. you can trust me on that one... active lsd i think its called...
and the whole purpose of the vtec engine was to conserve fuel at lower rpms whilst giving better torque.. at higher rpm its a different story.. but thats the same if u gun any car really...
this dude once got 650km outta his full tank in his dc5 integra... but i think he was a scunge on the throttle tho.. i.e changing into 5th wen he was goin 60 km/h Laughing

peace
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Tue, 04 November 2003 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Why are we even talking about this you probably couldnt even afford to put petrol in an Integra nevermind own one!!

oops read it wrong... i guess you wern't saying that the integra isn't fuel efficient Very Happy
my bad
peace brah
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Tue, 04 November 2003 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even still man active lsd does help alot but it doesnt mean that its gonna beat every car that doesnt have active lsd and it would be ridiculous to think it would.

Besides dude Im talking straight line racing thats what I was talking about from the start even though SPEEDCORE says that Straight line has nothing to do with it How come Eastern Creek is packed out almost every second Wednesday?????

Everyone wants their car to do good on the quater!!

VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Tue, 04 November 2003 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well for cornering u can't beat the ITR for its price.. its onli a 40 grand car but it can out corner cars twice its price.. it came second after a porsche for highest speed in a corner.. something like 4 kms slower then the porsche in a field of wrx sti's evo 7 etc etc...
but ur right.. quarter mile times for the ITR leaves much to be desired.. still.. gotta love the vtec top end... on the fly it can keep up with wrx's..
well comparing the ITR to the corolla i don't think is very fair.. if the onli aspect you look at is quarter miles then mite as well by an rx3 and spill 30 grand worth of goods on the engine... the ITR is made for track racing... don't think the corolla could keep up on a bendy road.. despite its weight and its engine..

enuff of my el ranto.. Very Happy
peace
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Tue, 04 November 2003 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VuVu wrote on Tue, 04 November 2003 05:02

ah okies
in my friends boosted wrx we ripped a gt4 by a fair few car lengths.. (at least 6-7) but then again it mite just be the driver...
peace

this wouldnt be the same "friend" that owns the nsx with nos, would it.... Rolling Eyes
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Tue, 04 November 2003 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope.
you still on about that u retard?
fuk man wrx's are cheap as i know at least 4 people who own wrx's.. my god pull ur head out of your arse and go make some friends why don't you... then you can get out of your circle of bogans driving commodores and vl's...

why would i make up shit about someone i know who drives an nsx? wat could i gain from it?
you stupid stupid idiot
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Tue, 04 November 2003 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see where your coming from VuVu but if you spend 12 Grand on handling for the Corolla Its gotta do something. Very Happy
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Wed, 05 November 2003 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Razz
i'd spend 12 g's on a turbo kit
thats gotta be good
Very Happy

peace
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Wed, 05 November 2003 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are hard to launch because of the way the power gets transferred off launch ..

you either run it to 6000 rmp and sidestep the clutch ( risking drivetrain breakages ) - OR get some slipperyness under the wheels ..

I find mine will launch faster - on a wet road - then on a dry simply cause the car manages to break traction a little then bite, bot straight off the mark

Oh BTW - blow off valve means nothing - ive heard them on non turbo Excels - its amazing what a speaker and a small ROM chip can do
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Wed, 05 November 2003 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AttentionSeca wrote on Tue, 04 November 2003 22:58

The extra money you spend on an Integra could be put towards the Sportivo to give it just as good if not better handling than the Integra anyways. Razz

Its amazing how insecure peoplefeel about themselves when you G them up! Laughing

Why are we even talking about this you probably couldnt even afford to put petrol in an Integra nevermind own one!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Who's feeling insecure? I'm stating facts about a car and you think that is being insecure?? Laughing

Did you really listen to yourself when you said "spend 12g on suspension"?? Rolling Eyes Good for you son.... then you would need to do something about the chassis to get all that suspension to work like it should.

Can't afford an ITR or the petrol?
If only you knew!!
Smile
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Wed, 05 November 2003 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol it was turbo charged... im not a fool Cool
well if your gonna drive your car hard your gonna do some damage little by little...
just launch it GTR styles... thats why its got the 4wd Surprised
if you ease in the clutch that would certainly do more dmg then if you just drop it..

peace
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Wed, 05 November 2003 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Id prefer not dropping it at all - not really into drag racing that much ..

flowing Corners are much more fun and test you more than just dump throttle hang on and lkeep in a straight line ..

VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Wed, 05 November 2003 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh true Very Happy

but how many cars do you actually race on a windey road? alot more races happen at the lights... and its usually off the launch that decides the winner...

peace brah
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Wed, 05 November 2003 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
personally i dont like racing anyway on roads or local streets - its too dangerous if something jumps out at you ..

Ive had the odd run from the lights - but in a small town like mine - if you beat one v8 commodore loser - another 10 will appear wanting to prove they are king shit - and loose control of their car - and run into you ..

My car will most likely be raced - but in targa type events , or on track sprint days against a clock .. I put too much time money and effort to have some wank run into it because he cant control his car propely ..

Thats one reason in majorly ANTI Street drifting ..
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Wed, 05 November 2003 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finally someone who thinks like me.... take it to the track... and bring your Sportivo Corollas with you too..... Laughing
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2! Wed, 05 November 2003 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ahh okies Smile
im from south eastern suburbs and taking the princes highway upto the city theres always drags.. not really that dangerous cz its such a big highway.. never race on the freeway tho.. hidden cameras.. not really that exciting...
no one i know really is into holdens n stuff around here.. cept for bogans.. but there are a few mates i know with vl turbo's which go like stink.... not much track racing round here just good ol drags off the lights

peace
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:White JDM AE86 Trueno vs Black Riced EG Civic
Next Topic:mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 15:34:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007796049118042 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.