Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SkiDMaN
Regular

June 2002

Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 12:16 Go to next message
well i got the exhaust done on my car and its nearly ready to be registered. after taking it for a drive on the weekend ive found it to pop and backfire on idle or cruising under boost... soon as it hits boost it runs like a dream... suggestions?

Thanks
Pete
  Send a private message to this user    
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm....is it going bang bang or just crackle crackle ?
SkiDMaN
Regular

June 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah its not pinging.. its just banging i guess.... if i open the hood and listen to it idle i can hear back fireing in the dump pipe but the car still runs fine of boost... it just sounds odd :\
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant help ya dude, but....from your interior pic...it looks like you have a brown-bronze celica...... Evil or Very Mad Very Happy i cant say ive ever seen another one of these besides my own... Evil or Very Mad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you sure that's not just the exhaust?
lots of large exhausts get that "crackling" in them when they're too big.
it varies between lots of little pops and a few big ones, but apparently it's harmless
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah gregs right
but the typical sound is crackle crackle

u say u opened the bonnet and u could hear backfiring in your downpipe.....u sure it wasnt coming out of your throttle body ?

ta
Mani
SkiDMaN
Regular

June 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most of those pics are very old... i got some new ones if ya wanna see them

draven: i only got a 3" mandrel zorst.... it really pops loud... ive never heard ne thing like it... but like i said... it drives nice... i just dont wanna keep "test" driving it incase its hurting it :\
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, I never had the problem with my exhaust, but I know a loty of mates with 3" exhausts that had a similar system, sometimes very loud
SkiDMaN
Regular

June 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
throttle body... no way its on the other side of the motor... its defenitly coming from the dump pipe.

its got a malpassi rising rate regulater on it.. and the spark plugs have only run about 5ks max
would running the motor very rich stuff the spark plugs?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep
they'll get coated in carbon deposits
SkiDMaN
Regular

June 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i clean them? or just get new ones again?

thanks for all the replies. Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if they're just dirty, you can clean them (petrol and a razor work well - and re-gap them while you're at it)
if that doesn't work, it's time for some new ones
SkiDMaN
Regular

June 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Smile

may i ask what happen to ur 1jz ma61?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=19333&start=0&rid=355&S=ba06d457fd72 8a2d843d759073a705ff

Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

it's gone to the great supra graveyard in the sky, where they all have rust-free tailgates, the hatch has been wet sealed, and every one has a 7m, 1j, 2j, or 1uz sleeping happily under it's bonnet.
and once a week they all go for a wonderful cruise down the old heaven highway, and none ever meet the rock wall outside pie in the sky

[Updated on: Mon, 15 September 2003 13:08]

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah post up some new piccies if you can be bothered Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate has a whole bunch on his digi-cam, taken under better light. I'll convince him to send them to me
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okay cool narnies, ones of yours (pre-accident) and skidmans would be great Very Happy Very Happy
SkiDMaN
Regular

June 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im on it... the latest pics ive got are when i had the turbos of before i replaced them with a bent chassis and dinged panels with a busted indicator... it must be a celica/supra thing with smashes Sad

take note that the bent chassis, busted indicator, and dinged panels are all fixed now Smile bent the chassis back myself Razz
2 x dyna bolts in the ground, 1 chained down car and a 15t truck jack... boo yah Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
delicate Smile
SkiDMaN
Regular

June 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here we go

http://home.iprimus.com.au/skidman/celica/index.ht m
http://home.iprimus.com.au/skidman/celica/57ING.av i

and a video Smile u need divx5 to run it
and yes i sound like a wanker cause it was pretty much the first time i drove it with boost and i was so excited Laughing
SkiDMaN
Regular

June 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra60 bars looks like crap on a ra65 Sad i need the rubber side skirt bits for the bar to hide to bov....btw i didnt want the bov mounted there and it will be changed Embarassed

draven... that really sucks about ur supra man... hope u find a good lookin shell.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats some cool stuff there Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

what sort of spark plugs to people recommend for 1jz's?
SkiDMaN
Regular

June 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Mon, 15 September 2003 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i went to buy my plugs... i did a search on these forums and a few ppl recommended something like a NGK b6krep i think it was... just do a quick search and im sure u will find the same thread Smile

Pete
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Tue, 16 September 2003 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BKR6E gapped to 0.8mm. do not get the grooved ones, they're crap
SkiDMaN
Regular

June 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Tue, 16 September 2003 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what are the differences i can look for between the grooved ones and the normal ones?

Pete
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Tue, 16 September 2003 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just tell the place you get them from you want non-grooved
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Tue, 16 September 2003 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by grooved do u mean the "V" groove ?

ive heard they are better
i have no idea y though

y do u say they suk greg ?

yes a rich mixture stuffs plugs
and excess unburnt fuel could be getting in your exhaust and igniting causing tyhe popping ?

or maybe u have an exhaust leak around the dump pipe ?

these are all just guesses....id have to hear it

irwige
Occasional Poster

March 2003

Re: Popping and farting 1JZ Tue, 16 September 2003 11:27 Go to previous message
i use NGK b6kre with a 0.8mm gap in my 1JZ (thanks simon)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:General opinions on 3TGTE?
Next Topic:Sprinter KYB shocks..
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:15:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005652904510498 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.