Toymods » Tech & Conversions » RA65 vs RA60

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cam - hmms - one of your ZH's isnt a marquis is it ?

My last car previous to celica was a midnight blue ZH marquis - full electrics , blue velour interior , MIGHTY 351 rebored to over 6 litres capacity , c10 auto , 9 inch ( disc brakes all round ) and the sweetest duel exhaust ive ever heard ..

THEN the bastards in victoria bought in power to weight ration laws for P platers and i had to part with her .. Cry

Ill have one another day - OR i might do the unthinkable and trade the ta22 in on a XB GT hardtop
  Send a private message to this user    
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Um, there are quite a few SA63's in Australia. I know of one, and about 4 others in yards.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found the pic:
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/co lour/index.html
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that blue one is PRETTY!!

i like the wheels too ... Hmms .. i COULD buy the M2 .. but id need some engine swapping - Smile 5me = not enough powah !!!

7mgte manifold + turbo bolts up i hear ??? or only to the 6mge?

HMMMMMMMMMS
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 7M-GTE manifolds will bolt up to the 5M-GE or 6M-GE... not the 5M-E.

However, if you can find an M-TEU engine the turbo manifold from that will bolt on to the 5M-E... should be a bit of good cheap fun. Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh - if i was to swap the block i think id do something like your black drift pig Smile - 6mGE to start with - then turboz later

AND throw ut the damn Auto slush box and swap to 5 speed !
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um... I dont know why my car had a cat, but it did ... maybe the previous owner had a new exhaust put on it (?)

and i think the late model skylines look alright... anyone seen that pic of the R34 GTR police car? there's something to put fear into the street racers
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

But you don't own an EVO anyway, so why did you bring it up? I think all the A6X lot, both Celica's and Supra's look tough.

Doesn't matter if u own it or not, if it looks good, it looks good !! Nod

Lets just say that we had an EVO and an RA6x whatever model tickles ur fancy, both equally fast - I'll still take an Evo any day !!

(But let me not forget, this is a Toyo forum !!!! Grin so I just cant win !!! hehehe )

ps - hod do i do a quote which includes the posters name as well ?! look above - mine just has the message !

[Updated on: Tue, 13 August 2002 22:58]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 13 August 2002 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CamZH wrote on Tue, 13 August 2002 10:37 PM

Hey guys,
I think Narks wheels scuk too! Razz (no offence Nark)

None taken dude. I might be offended if I chose the mags for their look. Smile

Les, underneath each post, there are options to Reply and Quote.

Or else, when you use the QUOTE FUDCode, you can do a title= inside the opening QUOTE tag... Hope that made sense... Looks like this:
[ quote title=CamZH wrote on Tue, 13 August 2002 10:37 PM ]
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Wed, 14 August 2002 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not a fan of max's wheels either... but if they were offered to me at the price he got his, I sure wouldn't be complaining Smile

And if I had the choice between 2 cars identical in handling and power, but one looked like a RA6x celica and one looked like an evo, my choice would definitly be with the celica... I love sleepers
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Wed, 14 August 2002 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ugliest celica i have seen would have to be the brown RA60. The black interior in my car looks good (in my opinion) with black dashboard and and grey seats and cloth trim. pics are on my site in my signature. you were all saying about how the burgundy interior looks ugly, well i'm guessing you haven't seen the brown interior. I don't know why anyone would want a brown interior or exterior for that matter.
celicamad - is your celica a st or xt? any pics of your interior?

[Updated on: Wed, 14 August 2002 09:18]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Wed, 14 August 2002 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Cuda where u in Penrith tonight around 530? i saw... more like heard a very loud red RA65 coupe with VERY fat rubber on the rears. thought it mighta been u
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 15 August 2002 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like Narks wheels. They mightn't look good on a MkIV supra or anything, but they suit the RA60 perfectly. I like the RA60 anyway, not nearly as ugly as the RA40 liftback
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 15 August 2002 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, but the RA40 liftback is the ugliest celica ever ... a giant leap ahead of the RA6x coupe
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 15 August 2002 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey ladies lets all be the same and get liftbacks......
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 15 August 2002 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why? Then we couldn't have coupe owners to make fun of!
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 15 August 2002 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh i get it now...

its a jealousy thing, you saw what you thought was a good car....a ra60 hatch and bought it then thought, "FUCK look at that damn sexy coupe, well its too late now i better get all my other bridge partners together from the hairdresser who also have hatches and lets pretend we hate the coupes"

oh dont worry i dont hate you for it dude, just feel sorry for ya, better luck next time you buy a car !! Cry
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 15 August 2002 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
laughs Smile he doesnt need to be jealous - he has a supra Evil or Very Mad

muahaha! Laughing Laughing
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 15 August 2002 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no he dosnt have a supra he has a ra60 liftback

he is getting a supra soon and when he has it i wont expect him to be jealous with a 1UZFE powering it !!! Freak

hey stew new estimations have my motor at 235flywheel hp, we should go head to head at the jamboree, right after i kick steves ass !...lol Rolling
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 15 August 2002 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats right boy...

As much fun as it is, I'll stop dissing you for your choice of the coupe. About the only thing I like about it is that hatch doesn't rust so much...umm...yeah, thats it. hehehe

Sorting out the Supra tonight, gonna pick it up when it comes back from the mechanics...it has a blown head gasket...fun fun fun! No No No

[Updated on: Thu, 15 August 2002 06:21]

CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 15 August 2002 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Stuart.

Both my ZH's are Marquis..
I'm parting one out a the moment.
Both have 351's and 9"'s.
One has velour interior and coloum shift ('77)
and the other has leather interior and a t-bar ('7Cool
I'm parting out the '78.
and restoring the '77
motor rebuild is a 302 headed 351, largish cam (.460 lift, ~220 duration)
Am hoping to have it back on the road by xmas. then sell it and buy a RA60 or RA65 lift back. Or a coupe if its got everything i want/need.

CamZH
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 15 August 2002 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The coupe has everything you need...except for style Very Happy
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 15 August 2002 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahahaha your motors fucked Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod

ah well hope it dosnt run shithouse compression when you fix the head gasket and the head inst warped too badly (amongst other things)....the motor may need a changing sooner than you expected
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 15 August 2002 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, the motor is fine, compression came up normal, head appears to be fine, just seems the small amount of gasket material the bigger M's actually have No No No has finally given up.

I only want to drive it around for a while to sort out all the little problems with it anyway...that is why the Celica is being kept as just a reliable run about.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 August 2002 06:43]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 15 August 2002 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad85 wrote on Thu, 15 August 2002 4:11 PM

no

hey stew new estimations have my motor at 235flywheel hp, we should go head to head at the jamboree, right after i kick steves ass !...lol Rolling

so thats about what - 160 odd at the rears - should go ok Smile

Im aiming for 100 with mine - but then again my car weighs about half a tonne less and revs a bit higher ..

jamboree's a no go - wont have cam in or tuning done - got more important stuff on the go atm - and parts hoarding - Toyota nats next year is my goal - to take it to sprinters and corollas ..

hope all works out

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 15 August 2002 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cam - i Loved my ZH lots - wasnt the most handly car in the world and floated like a ship but man - the torue and the noise of the v8 in song still is the best thing out Smile

good to see your doing one of the two up Smile paint her midnight blue - add the silver hubcaps with the red centres , and stroke that puppy !!!!

Astro
Regular

August 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 15 August 2002 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh, I have an RA60. Its also my first car.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 19 August 2002 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhhh - drove dads supra today - had a REALLY good look at the interior .. Has a brown dash - brown seats , with burgandy inserts + brown and white striped inserts .. Get rid of the stripey bits and replace with the burgandy and it would have a good look to it ..

im a bit iffy on the Mk2 seats though .. I dont think they are as comfortable as my Prelude buckets , but arent too bad ..

The 5me would be a nice roller with a 5spd behind it - it has ample grunt - though i feel the 6mge would have been a MUCH better package ..

the tailgates starting to get the telltale rust - otherwise shes still in fantastic shape for a 18 year old car ... Needs a good polish cause my dads been a bit crook , though ill handle that this week Smile

I love the old pig - She'd be a good asset to have .. When cash is good i might just buy her ...

Stuart
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 20 August 2002 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eww burgundy striped interior that is even worse then ANY of the ra6x's ...at least poo brown is poo brown and not stiped light and dark poo brown

stu why compare a 5me to a 6mge ?? (they are pretty rare arnt they ?...i dont think they even came to australia only as private imports) may as well chuck in a 7mgte!!! , more power and easier to get
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Wed, 21 August 2002 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why compare - well - i HAVE the 5me - and want the 6mge ( no turbos as yet - insurance says no )

anyway - they came out in cressidas - and are easy enough to source _ AND they dont need upgrades to things like the ECU - or oil lines or anything - its just a bolt in and Go - Ask norbie - hes done it a few times now - and its a good conversion - bar bolting int in - you use the 5me's ecu and loom - just swap the sensors off the 6mge i believe ..

Nods to stripes - BAD - ill see about sourcing some burgandy material IF i purchase it and retrim ..

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 22 August 2002 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, the 6M conversion is a walk in the park and it's easily the best bang-for-your-buck upgrade for an MA61. The only downside is 6M's are getting fairly old now... it worked well for me when I first did it 3 years ago, but I'd be a little more cautious if I bought one today. It's not hard to change the rings and bearings while the engine is out of the car, so that's probably what I'd be doing.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 22 August 2002 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and last night i found out how taily those supras are in the wet - every upchange had the bum doing a wiggle dance , and every turn of a corner resulted in a slippery slide then a wiggle dance

they do tend to have fun in the rain!

Oh another ma61 pet hate - THE STEERING WHEEL !!! needs to be smaller and less plastic ..
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 22 August 2002 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, MA61's are drift machines - but you should try it with a manual transmission and a 6M with lots of bottom-end torque! My car is totally insane in this weather, the slightest prod of the throttle around a corner sends it into a crazy slide. Some might find that disturbing, but I love it. Smile

As for the steering wheel, I've never had a problem with it - Supras have a quick-ratio rack so there's no problem flicking from opposite lock to opposite lock in a hurry. It's ten times better than my RA23 anyway!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 22 August 2002 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, they are pretty funny to drive in the wet...especially driving behind Kev and his 5MGTE, car starts squirming everywhere when it hits boost Razz
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 22 August 2002 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Tue, 13 August 2002 11:09 PM

However, if you can find an M-TEU engine the turbo manifold from that will bolt on to the 5M-E... should be a bit of good cheap fun. Smile

You need the MTEU dizzy too.....it has boost retard built into it.
Here is one.http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/5MTE/5mte.jpg

Here's hoping it's fun. hehehe
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 22 August 2002 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Thu, 22 August 2002 3:57 PM

Yes, MA61's are drift machines - but you should try it with a manual transmission and a 6M with lots of bottom-end torque! My car is totally insane in this weather, the slightest prod of the throttle around a corner sends it into a crazy slide. Some might find that disturbing, but I love it. Smile

As for the steering wheel, I've never had a problem with it - Supras have a quick-ratio rack so there's no problem flicking from opposite lock to opposite lock in a hurry. It's ten times better than my RA23 anyway!

heh the steering itself is lovely its the actual STEERING WHEEL ! i hate Smile dirty big solid plastic thing - Id kill for my nice leather wrapped SAAS item for the sheer comfort and grabonability Smile

the slipperies werew fun - but i have to play nice in dads ma61 - he's have my balls if he found out id hit something or had been having lovely sliding fun around corners Smile

the AUto does take the edge off it though - id KILL to have a manual in that thing - its really a sore point and the first thing id fling before the ugly interior colouring + steering wheel Smile

Oh well - ill get the celica finished first THEN ponder it Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 22 August 2002 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW i wasnt gunna use the word " drift " to describe the slipperyness - cause for one - i hadnt slid for long enough - two it was more "whee this is fun but i better stop the slide + correct " and Three i wasnt making my slide fully Siiiiiiiic Freak

maybe dads supra Needs some TRD stickers , some Big fat 21 inch chromies - a DOOF DOOF stereo - and the fistable tailpipe

Laughing Laughing
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Thu, 22 August 2002 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of fistable tailpipes.... a 180 i saw today I almost lost my foot in... got it in all the way up to my ankle and thought I wouldn't risk falling the rest of the way in
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 15 September 2003 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm.... i like both headlight looks, the foward one of the ra60 is kinda unique.... old school Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

maxdamamge, my brown (read: bronze) celica is cool.

i reckon the worst celicas are the ra40 coupes, the ra60 coupes and the st16x coupes........

but in the end they are all celica brothers Very Happy
HedgehogSandwich
Regular

May 2002
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 15 September 2003 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have to add to this as i used to have an RA60 back in 1990.

Yes the front end looks crap now, but youve gotta remember back in 1983 when these things first appeared they were awesome looking. Theyre just dated now.. but in their time they were a looker .. trust me Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 15 September 2003 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheh....

less car oriented chicks still say my car is sexy.

not that i give a fark or anythin.... Very Happy
sillyca
Regular

February 2003
Re: RA65 vs RA60 Mon, 15 September 2003 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragunov_RA60 wrote on Sun, 11 August 2002 22:13

I must be the only person ever to prefer the RA60 front Freak

no the 60 front over a 65 anyday Evil or Very Mad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA65 vs RA60 Tue, 16 September 2003 00:28 Go to previous message
I've got an RA60 too, and I'm telling you, the RA65 front is better Smile
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AC idle high
Next Topic:Driving Lights
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:17:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080909729003906 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.