Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Water Sprayers on st185cs inter cooler radiator.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Water Sprayers on st185cs inter cooler radiator. Tue, 16 September 2003 00:20 Go to next message
I have heard that there are sprayers there, they just aren't used? is this the case? if so how do i make them go?
  Send a private message to this user    
GT4_Steve
Regular

June 2002

Re: Water Sprayers on st185cs inter cooler radiator. Tue, 16 September 2003 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I recall someone posting it on the GT4 mailing list on Yahoo groups about 2½ years ago. From memory there is some issues you'll have to deal with in regards to one-way valves and stuff to stop the water dribbling out. I think it will only work when hooked up to a big red aircraft style switch mounted next to the lumbar support button Wink
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Water Sprayers on st185cs inter cooler radiator. Tue, 16 September 2003 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a pic of the actual unit if your interested - they are basically a replacemenbt for your winscreen wiper bottle - that has 2 pumps instead of 1 i *think* - one for windcreen washers - the other - for the intercooler sprays .. havent figured out if mine has the wiring there or not - though i guess a standard wire into the 12 volt or similar power source the wiper sprays use - then - hook up to a toggle switch would do the job Smile

Anyone got a group A with this functioning so we all can have the info ?

[Updated on: Tue, 16 September 2003 13:01]

Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Water Sprayers on st185cs inter cooler radiator. Tue, 16 September 2003 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The lumbar support button?? I have one of these?
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Water Sprayers on st185cs inter cooler radiator. Tue, 16 September 2003 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The trick used on the older Subaru liberty RS Turbo was to put a bigger "radiator" unit in, although I believe the Celica one is bigger anyway.

You're prolly better off with an extra water reservoir (not much room to put it though, but I've seen someone use one of those water bags that country people hang off bull bars which have a spot in the bottom of the bag for a valve or fitting) with an external washer pump & simple garden hose fittings. Just got to make sure that the hose from the pump goes up to a level above the top of the reservoir so that the water doesn't just run out through the pump. This almost stops the dribbling problem
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Water Sprayers on st185cs inter cooler radiator. Wed, 17 September 2003 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would this account for the massive size of my washer resovior? cos I have had the car 18 months, and only filled it up 2-3 times and I use the washers a fair bit....

From memory it easily takes a 4 litre bucket to fill it up...
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Water Sprayers on st185cs inter cooler radiator. Wed, 17 September 2003 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to have a subaru with headlight washers.
This was a big tank like that, but Subaru made a different bottle depending on whether the headlight washers were fitted or not. Maybe Toyota got smart & had the same bottle for both, just not tapped for the second pump?
Also, where is the reservoir for the rear washer?
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Water Sprayers on st185cs inter cooler radiator. Wed, 17 September 2003 03:16 Go to previous message
The wiring is there in a GrpA but the functionality isn't in the ECU which would run the sprayer in Grp N trim. The wiring is easy to access though if you want to hook up a switch. The spray nozzles though are bloody huge though so the reservoir would last a few minutes only. You need to replace them with something mores sensibly sized.

BTW this isn't going to make much difference unless you are on the track. The firts mod you should be looking at is removing the pump relay with a bypass so the pump runs all the time.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CT20b/CT26 flanges the same?
Next Topic:Newbie question?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 22 01:31:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0036242008209229 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.