Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 18rg twin solex wont idle..help anyone??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tekst
Occasional Poster

June 2003
icon5.gif  18rg twin solex wont idle..help anyone?? Tue, 16 September 2003 06:45 Go to next message
After about an hours worth of driving today stopped off at a mates on the way home for about 20min, started car up again and now it cant hold idle at all. Its an 18rg with twin sidedraught solex carbs (40mm?)...i can take a pic of them if anyone could host it or tell me how to post them up on here.

So what can i try in attempt to fix it? I have no idea about this kinda thing so any help is much appreciated !

Thanks in advance
  Send a private message to this user    
tekst
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: 18rg twin solex wont idle..help anyone?? Tue, 16 September 2003 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone got any ideas , suggestions as to what might be causing it ??
RA28midge
Regular

September 2002
Re: 18rg twin solex wont idle..help anyone?? Thu, 18 September 2003 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vacuum leak is usually cause number 1, just ask Steve M.
tighten everything up across the entire manifold.
While you are at it check your throttle return springs are tight enough.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 18rg twin solex wont idle..help anyone?? Thu, 18 September 2003 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you aren't having any problems with flooding, then I'd start looking at the carbies...maybe check the float level and sometimes (although very rarely) carby cleaner can help out. Other than that, check the idle jets and fuel pressure etc?

Any more details?
grphil
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: 18rg twin solex wont idle..help anyone?? Thu, 18 September 2003 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All gaskets between carbies and engine could cause this problem. You should check them and check for leaks in vacuum lines as already said. Is your dizzy all right? Any starting problems?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 18rg twin solex wont idle..help anyone?? Fri, 19 September 2003 06:14 Go to previous message
have you checked to make sure your points are good and are set correctly.... it may not neccesarily be a fuel issue for something to give up like that without other symptoms, more likely to be an eletrical fault when something changes that quickly.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:trouble removing 7m turbo oil pipe.
Next Topic:What gearbox?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:21:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039241313934326 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.