Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 03:22 Go to next message
I would like to make a proposal whereby classic threads displaying the 'intelligence' of various posters is placed on a pedestal for all to see.

Such a forum section would resemble the 'Pool Room' on Performance Forums. Threads ideally should be locked such that they could be viewed in their glorious, unadultered state.

I have bookmarked many such classic threads should this motion be raised and passed.

Comments?
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A big thumbs up from me! I've lost count of the number of threads I've come across and said to myself, "this belongs in the pool room!"
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i'll prolly be on there with my whats a subframe comment
but i think a few people may get a little Embarassed which = Crying or Very Sad which makes other people Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

heheheh i like the sound of this
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would certainly cut down on the number of people saying, "do a search" and hopefully would be a great repository for information. I know this might be difficult, but what about grouping them inside a category according to car, ie. RWD Celica, FWD Celica, Supra, RWD Rolla, FWD Rolla etc etc. I know this would be difficult cause alot are covering multiple models but if it could be done it would be awesome.

Either that or organise them by the type of subject, Brakes, Turbo, Suspension, exhaust, etc etc
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's the point in ridiculing people?

I'm sure we've all had our blonde moments. Even a person of my godly intelligence! Smile
My 1G-dying-after-two-weeks-of-oil-starvation-after-I -forgot-to-tighten-the-sump-pickup-bolts is testament to that. Smile

We want Toymods to be a friendly, helpful place where people can ask anything without fear so that they can learn. Not some boys club for the select few.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah but Nark.....'The Podium' would be a place of learning.....
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think thats what gianttomato was on about, rather a repository for valuable comments that can help people out, kinda like a 'best of the tech section' section. I don't think ridicule was a motivating factor, more just like not having to keep 1,000 bookmarks on poignant topics
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Tue, 16 September 2003 13:36

hehe At the expense of others. Razz
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
section ala-pool room would be great there are some damn funny threads out there that have been pushed into oblivion.
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Tue, 16 September 2003 11:43

gianttomato wrote on Tue, 16 September 2003 13:36

hehe At the expense of others. Razz

not always, for instance, person X asks, 'whats the best upgrade for rear brakes on my ta22', then proceeds to get told how to do it, what to use. He's happy, goes off, and the thread disappears. 5 months later person Y comes along and asks, 'whats the best upgrade for read brakes on my 22.' Instead of getting told, 'Do a search Razz,' or 'try clicking this he could look in a tech archive and see if his question is in there.

Personally I think its a great idea. Sure there would be some common problems like, "I've just buggered this up" but its still something that is vital and people can learn from.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Tue, 16 September 2003 13:35

We want Toymods to be a friendly, helpful place where people can ask anything without fear so that they can learn. Not some boys club for the select few.

I fully agree, but surely we don't have to take everything so seriously? If you can't laugh, what's the point of living? Laughing
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, reading through Norbie and tomato's posts again I think I've been on a different wave length to them here, demonstrating the 'intelligence' of this poster Laughing

I think my idea is a good one, a tech archive grouped by either car model or question type, ie. brakes, steering etc etc
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would there be prizes for the most posted person ?

(I think I might be in the running....)

Classique .. Norbie .. Draven .. Nark .. have all had many goes at me in the past !!! ehaheaheha

(bitches) Very Happy
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, i might have to make a list on the website instead then...

nominations??
[paste links below Very Happy]
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"How dangerous is NAWZ?" (current and active!)
"How much will it cost to put an RB26DETT GTR into a TA22?"
"I want to put a 302 in an MA61..."
"What box should I run behind my 302?"
Any 1JZ vs 7M vs 1GGTE thread.
Some crappy for sale thread that mentioned the official HKS 8 step guide to modifying the 7MGTE.
R154 vs V160 thread.

Edit: Sorry, I misspelled "dangerious" [sic].

[Updated on: Tue, 16 September 2003 12:15]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think I've ever had a go at you les.. not in public.
as for in private... I merely said "I've never seen that before", I wasn't ridiculing Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Tue, 16 September 2003 14:13

Classique .. Norbie .. Draven .. Nark .. have all had many goes at me in the past !!! ehaheaheha

(bitches) Very Happy

Ahh but you love it Smile

its nice to see some here still have humour Smile

BTW - your new Seca project needs a drift wing - maybe you could borrow the one of the boeing lancer evo 747 Wink
x_p0se
Occasional Poster

July 2003

Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sounds like a good idea..

but the question is, are people going to read them while the threads are in the pool room? or would people just forget them?

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: THE PODIUM Tue, 16 September 2003 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Tue, 16 September 2003 22:12

I dont think I've ever had a go at you les.. not in public.
as for in private... I merely said "I've never seen that before", I wasn't ridiculing Smile

ive opened ur eyes to new things havent i...

ohh shit i suprise myself sometimes.. no more gay shit.. !!

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: THE PODIUM Wed, 17 September 2003 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/Toyota%20Power%20/RB26DETT%20TA22.jpg
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: THE PODIUM Wed, 17 September 2003 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah!
franks taken my image off the server!

http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/burn.j pg
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: THE PODIUM Wed, 17 September 2003 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT u forgot vtek stickas
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: THE PODIUM Wed, 17 September 2003 13:52 Go to previous message
lemme see if i've still got it somewhere ed.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Led Zepplin - Stairway to Heaven VS Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Next Topic:Hosting Pics
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 15:54:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068919658660889 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.