Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Measurements on AE86 steering wheel bosskit/hub

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Truzeno
Regular

February 2003
Measurements on AE86 steering wheel bosskit/hub Fri, 19 September 2003 07:58 Go to next message
Does someone have one uninstalled or something and can give me some measurements on boss kit/hub for AE86?
Want to try and have one machined maybe.. single piece.
Just like length, outer diameter, inner diameter...
If you think it is one that is a little too close to the indicator level, can you give me what u think is an ideal measurement?
Thnx!
  Send a private message to this user    
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Measurements on AE86 steering wheel bosskit/hub Fri, 19 September 2003 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dood, just measure how far away your wheel is from the mount then you will know exactly how far away you need to make it and then it will be the same distance as stock.
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Measurements on AE86 steering wheel bosskit/hub Fri, 19 September 2003 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah you could do that, but it is open to quite a few variables.

I have one made up with a small extension on it so that the wheel does not cause your fingers to catch the indictaor stalk all the time. I'll measure it all up when I get the chance.

Cheers
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Measurements on AE86 steering wheel bosskit/hub Sat, 20 September 2003 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car has a what I think is a SAAS boss and it is way too short. Previous owned shaved the indicator stalk back so you wouldnt hit it all the time. Its aprox 2" long.
Ive ordered a momo one which should be arriving soon and thats approx 4" long.

The offset of the steering wheel makes a difference to the height aswell. The momo wheels are alot flatter compared to the nardi wheel I just took out.
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: Measurements on AE86 steering wheel bosskit/hub Sat, 20 September 2003 23:16 Go to previous message
where abouts in newcastle are you, i have a nardi wheel with the elongated boss, you're welcome to borrow/see it for a short while if you like , im at elermore vale.
matty
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Paint on Ae86
Next Topic:carina gt info
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:43:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049591064453125 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.