Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon10.gif  My New Turbo Fri, 17 May 2002 10:43 Go to next message
Look one and all, I finally have my Brand spanking 600hp roller bearing turbo. For all those who said I never would, to you, HAH here it is.
http://www.lexicon.net/martinjm/celica/turbo_gt40_pics/turbo.jpg

For any more pics, they are are at http://www.lexicon.net/martinjm/celica/turbo_gt40_ pics

There are also some pics where I have compared the turbo to my 8210 so you can get an idea of the size of the turbo.
  Send a private message to this user    
Pete
Regular

May 2002

Re: My New Turbo Fri, 17 May 2002 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to see!!! Now all you have to do is graft it to the side of that 1G!!!

How long are you looking at till she's up and running?

I wanna know how she goes with that turbo. I'm gonna get me one!!
punkdefender
Regular

May 2002

Re: My New Turbo Sat, 18 May 2002 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice turbo, wouldn't mind one of those... let us know how it goes....
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My New Turbo Sat, 18 May 2002 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a nice turbo always makes me week at the knees
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: My New Turbo Sat, 18 May 2002 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats one big hairdryer youve got there Nod
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: My New Turbo Sun, 19 May 2002 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, it's not that big.....

Only kidding! Grin
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My New Turbo Sun, 19 May 2002 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys, i was stoked with it too.

Don't worry either. You'll be the first guys to know of how it runs.

Giant Tomato: YOu don't think it's big hey?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: My New Turbo Sun, 19 May 2002 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT's not talking about your turbo!!!

Just joking....

[Updated on: Sun, 19 May 2002 11:52]

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: My New Turbo Sun, 19 May 2002 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sun, 19 May 2002 9:51 PM

GT's not talking about your turbo!!!

Just joking....

Mate, I don't go looking down there!!! Laughing
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My New Turbo Mon, 20 May 2002 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sure sure, that's what they all say.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My New Turbo Mon, 20 May 2002 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater wrote on Fri, 17 May 2002 8:43 PM

Look one and all, I finally have my Brand spanking 600hp roller bearing turbo.

Any website for that spanking brand?

Very Happy
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My New Turbo Mon, 20 May 2002 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes indeed

www.egarrett.com

It's garrett.

I can tell you where to get one from if you want.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: My New Turbo Mon, 20 May 2002 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That my friend is a nice BIG turbo!

What sort of power band do you think you will be getting out of it?
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My New Turbo Mon, 20 May 2002 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater wrote on Mon, 20 May 2002 10:13 PM

yes indeed

www.egarrett.com

It's garrett.

I can tell you where to get one from if you want.

Heh, touché.

Wanna help me hang one of those off my 5sfe? Commodore eating camry. Smile

Now we just have to wait until you get that bad boy onto your car.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My New Turbo Tue, 21 May 2002 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank: You like it hey? Did you get the photo of the 8210 up against it? Quite impresssive I thought. As for power, I'm hoping to get, well, this is what I tell everyone, about 350kw at the rear wheels. It's a sky high sort of figure, but I figure, why not aim high and just hope you can get to it?

Apollo: You wanna put one of those on a 5sfe? Hrm. You aren't series are you? I'd rebuild the motor first. And yes, you will unfortunately have to wait until it gets into the car. I would say that the motor will be dropped in in September and hopefully a running car in early December.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My New Turbo Tue, 21 May 2002 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater wrote on Tue, 21 May 2002 6:01 PM

justcallmefrank: You like it hey? Did you get the photo of the 8210 up against it? Quite impresssive I thought. As for power, I'm hoping to get, well, this is what I tell everyone, about 350kw at the rear wheels. It's a sky high sort of figure, but I figure, why not aim high and just hope you can get to it?

Apollo: You wanna put one of those on a 5sfe? Hrm. You aren't series are you? I'd rebuild the motor first. And yes, you will unfortunately have to wait until it gets into the car. I would say that the motor will be dropped in in September and hopefully a running car in early December.

Nah, not serious. The poor 5sfe wouldn't be able to handle it. Maybe if I dropped in a 3sgte first.......

Anyways, pity we will have to wait that long until you have yours going. Will be sweet to hear about the kills you make with it. Smile

On a side note, I don't know if I've just plain missed it, but what engine are you bolting that onto? Also will be good to hear about how much of an increase of power it gives over the old turbo. (Real life increase).
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My New Turbo Tue, 21 May 2002 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's what I thought. Drop in the 3sfe. BUT, in all seriuosness, if you completely reworked that motor, lowered the compression and change the internals, it would make a MAD v6 motor to boost. But neway.

Yeah, you think it's a pity we have to wait that long. I started this whole project over a year ago now. You think YOU"VE been waiting a long time. Wink

A bit of Info: It's going on the 1g-gte into a RA23. It's replacing the two pissy smaller turbos (I'm sure you already worked that one out.) I'm sure it's going to make a massive power increase. IE I would hope to get atleast 180 rwkw on it's first tune/run before I wind the boost up.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: My New Turbo Wed, 22 May 2002 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That IS big, just looked at the other pics, hadn't bothered before. Really puts it in perspective the sheer size.

What I meant with my question though is, what sort of power BAND are you going for. When I saw it, I knew you were aiming high...

I take it you're using the thing for power and drag racing...and no circuit stuff?
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My New Turbo Wed, 22 May 2002 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater wrote on Tue, 21 May 2002 9:49 PM

That's what I thought. Drop in the 3sfe. BUT, in all seriuosness, if you completely reworked that motor, lowered the compression and change the internals, it would make a MAD v6 motor to boost. But neway.

Reworked my 5sfe? It would make a good 2.2L 4. Smile The v6 is the 3zv-fe or something like that.

Even if I do just that, what would a rebuild involve?
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My New Turbo Wed, 22 May 2002 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohh, it's only a 4. Ok, don't waste your time then buddy.
Smile

A rebuild involves new pistons, probably a decompression plate, maybe new rods and bits and probably another head maybe (the would remove the need for a decompression plate)
BlakeNZ
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: My New Turbo Fri, 24 May 2002 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good on you Stradlater-I never discouraged you.Did you get the good deal you were promised earlier?
Assailant
Regular

"Cørønå ƒreåk"

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: My New Turbo Mon, 27 May 2002 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much did that turbo set you back?
Where abouts you getting a exhaust manifold made up for a 1g?
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My New Turbo Mon, 27 May 2002 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the turbo cost me $2200 and I'm getting the exhaust manifold made up by a guy in Hallam, (I think that's somewhere near berwick otherwise I've got the wrong place, anyway) he's the owner of the xe falcon on gas that runs the 10.09 second quarter, or some such.

Blake: Nah, I didnt' get that deal in the end, it was elsewhere, alex at racecraft seems to talk heaps of shit.
Assailant
Regular

"Cørønå ƒreåk"

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: My New Turbo Tue, 28 May 2002 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is in the xe falcon? 10 secs? what mods?
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My New Turbo Tue, 28 May 2002 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The xe has a t66 turbo on LPG with a 308ci straight 6, cranking out 250kw I think it was.
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My New Turbo Sat, 29 June 2002 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey stradler, got any idea how much XE bloke is charging for the manifold? if ya ring him at anytime ask him how much itll be for a turbo manifold for an XF (ford I6 engine) ( i kno a bloke looking to get one made up )

and for the record, its 11sec XE with 350RWKW 250ci 6, not bad for a COMPLEATLY legal falcon...

[Updated on: Sat, 29 June 2002 15:33]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: My New Turbo Sun, 30 June 2002 01:11 Go to previous message
The XF has the same engine as the XE! OHC Inline Six. Yse that XE is a six cyl! Check it out here: http://www.fullboost.com.au/cars/featurecars/xe_ja son_pg1.html
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Sam must have a big smile on his face!...
Next Topic:Need shiping Melb -> Syd -> Melb?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 01:52:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077030658721924 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.