Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » Either Mk2 or Mk3 Supra for 1JZ Conversion - Manual in Adelaide preferred

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Either Mk2 or Mk3 Supra for 1JZ Conversion - Manual in Adelaide preferred Mon, 22 September 2003 04:54 Go to next message
As the title suggests.

I am after a Mk2 (first choice) or Mk3 Supra that will become the basis for a 1JZ-GTE transplant.

Budget for initial purchase is limited, but will pay the right money for the right car, up to $6k for the Mk2, and $8k for the Mk3, ambitious I know, but you gotta try

Cheers

Michael B
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Either Mk2 or Mk3 Supra for 1JZ Conversion - Manual in Adelaide preferred Mon, 22 September 2003 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$6k for a mk2 will get you an imaculate example
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Either Mk2 or Mk3 Supra for 1JZ Conversion - Manual in Adelaide preferred Tue, 23 September 2003 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Draven,

Yes, I have had a look at some and it seems that a good shel with a manula will set you back AT LEAST $6k.

For the project that I want to do, this is about $2k too much.

Hasn't anyone got one at a reasonabkle price ? Anyone .....

Cheers

Michael B
Timmy Turbo
Regular

August 2003
Re: Either Mk2 or Mk3 Supra for 1JZ Conversion - Manual in Adelaide preferred Tue, 23 September 2003 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres a couple in the Trading Post around that price, might be worth having a look.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Whhhooooowwwwweeeeee !!!!!! Thu, 25 September 2003 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Very Happy

Just landed my half finished project car for a bargain.

Managed to snap up an really neat '84 model in Red with lack interior that has had a 7M-GTE (yeah I know a 1JZ would be better, or even a 2JZ)professionally installed, 3" exhaust, auto (that will soon be fixed), oil cooler etc for only $5k !!!!

Yippeeeeee

Now let the fun and further mods begin !!!! Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Either Mk2 or Mk3 Supra for 1JZ Conversion - Manual in Adelaide preferred Thu, 25 September 2003 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great buy!

engineered?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Either Mk2 or Mk3 Supra for 1JZ Conversion - Manual in Adelaide preferred Thu, 25 September 2003 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, I'll try and get some pics up when I get it home this weekend.

No it is not engineered, hence the bargain price, but the installation is very good. The engine is actually a very late one, apparently a '92 model and had turbo overhauled as well. Engine has reportedly only done about 80,000km (40,000 installed).

It was running standard and had about 10psi boost. Only real drama was that speedo reading was intermittent and that the tacho was not reading correctly. Has not cat installed either Evil or Very Mad

Sounds nice and goes well Very Happy I'm happy. At least it doesn't have the blue interior
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Either Mk2 or Mk3 Supra for 1JZ Conversion - Manual in Adelaide preferred Fri, 26 September 2003 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Almost headgasket time Razz
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
icon10.gif  Re: Either Mk2 or Mk3 Supra for 1JZ Conversion - Manual in Adelaide preferred Mon, 29 September 2003 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, 72 ft.lbs, yeah, yeah, yeah, and start saving for the MHG...... Laughing

The priority at the moment will be to get it approved and then start the conversion to manual, and then increase the power. At the moment it is stock as a rock.

I have a great intercooler for it already, and there are some things to tidy up inside, such as carpet etc, but other than that it goes very well at the moment Very Happy Very Happy
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: Either Mk2 or Mk3 Supra for 1JZ Conversion - Manual in Adelaide preferred Tue, 30 September 2003 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have an immaculate MK2 Supra that i'm trying to sell.

You can have it for $5500 with RWC or $5000 without.

the engien that is in my car still has 2yrs left on warrenty and has only done just over 20,000km's. you could sell the engine that is in my car and get a bit for it.

Has an immaculate paint job, metallic red.

blue interrior
big radiator for our hot climate.
talk to draven about my car. he'll tell u how good it is.

let me know. i can point u in the way of pictures.

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Either Mk2 or Mk3 Supra for 1JZ Conversion - Manual in Adelaide preferred Tue, 30 September 2003 05:17 Go to previous message
Hi Supraboy,

Already got one on Saturday with a 7M-GTE fitted for $5k. Very Happy

Thanks for the offer

Cheers

Michael B
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Holden V8 for sale/trade..Its not a Toyota but willing to trade for one!
Next Topic:Turbo 2TG TA22
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 09:03:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051360130310059 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.