Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Plastic stripes on a ST164 Celica

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Seven of GAFFiO
Regular

July 2002
Plastic stripes on a ST164 Celica Wed, 24 September 2003 01:30 Go to next message
Hey all

On '86 ST184 Celica it has the plastic/rubber stripes down the side of the car. Can anyone tell me how these are held on?

Is it just stuck on, or is there holes in the panel to hold in on?

And how easy is it to remove. I know you would need to do a cut and polish after because the paint around it may be faded more.

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Plastic stripes on a ST164 Celica Wed, 24 September 2003 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From memory the ST164 would've been one of the first ones where Toyota started glueing them on rather than bolting them on.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Plastic stripes on a ST164 Celica Wed, 24 September 2003 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm getting a new plastic bit for my car tomorrow, so I'll tell you if it's got clips then Smile (Unless someone else clears it up before then).
Skinnypoo
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: Plastic stripes on a ST164 Celica Wed, 24 September 2003 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes i'm keen to know how they are held on also............I would like to take them off.....if it doesnt leave messy holes Shocked
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Plastic stripes on a ST164 Celica Wed, 24 September 2003 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
162 I have, and glue it is. I just finished taking some of mine off to replace with ones of the right colour.

Easy peasy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Plastic stripes on a ST164 Celica Wed, 24 September 2003 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
voila! see this

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=20727&start=0&rid=2485&S=bb65b5c38f2 cda7df077cc31719db40f
Skinnypoo
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: Plastic stripes on a ST164 Celica Wed, 24 September 2003 05:22 Go to previous message
what do u reckon it would look like without them (my car is silver)...also how hard is it to get rid of that poxy pinstripe sticker thing that runs down the side of the car??
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ijz single turbo upgrade
Next Topic:2NZ-FE TURBO OR S/C KITS???..
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:17:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003593921661377 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.