Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » I just caused an accident...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon8.gif  I just caused an accident... Thu, 14 August 2003 14:54 Go to next message
was just "racing" a guy in his au falcon down pennant hills road ("racing", because my shocks are rooted so I have to take it fairly carefully).
around the big sweeping corner near the pub and pennant hills station, all I saw was his lights suddenly sweep from right to left across my rear-view mirror, then he was suddenly at 45 degrees to the left gutter (going about 100 here). big over-correct, 270 degree spin, over the medium strip (thank god no oncoming traffic, as 3 trucks came past shortly afterward), then another 90 degree spin and into the right side gutter facing the oncomning traffic.

went back to check he was ok, turns out it was his 3rd race ever, and driving his sisters car. He probably figured he could just match my speed round the corner.
Felt pretty sorry for the guy, he'd been out studying for his exam tomorrow ... obviously didn't know the car & pretty inexperienced driver.

car seemed ok from what I could see. front right tire was flat and the rim scratched to hell, but no other damage. He must've just touched the right side gutter, 'cause the wheels didn't buckle or anything. He copped a bump to the head from the door glass, but was fine. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

edit: also glad he wasn't beside me when he lost it, or he would've taken me out too.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 August 2003 14:56]

Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I just caused an accident... Thu, 14 August 2003 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldnt class that as your fault. You didnt MAKE him race, he had freedom of choice and lucky for him he didnt kill anybody.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I just caused an accident... Fri, 15 August 2003 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoa that is way freaky dude. 'cause I would be like, "what if there WAS a truck!?" Thing is, you just can't predict other people... so no point speculating till the cows come home i guess
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: I just caused an accident... Fri, 15 August 2003 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't be too shaken up , like the first rob said , you didn't make him race you. He just had no idea what he was getting in too and it seems he came out pretty lucky condisering , at least he is wiser now.

I've had a similar thing happen except it was with a red plater in a boggy vn , dragged off the lights , he tried to pulled seconds going around the corner and ended up in the gutter facing the wrong way, I stopped and looked back and saw him jump out swearing and cussing so I left him to wallow.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: I just caused an accident... Fri, 15 August 2003 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are you worried about???

It was only a Falcon Razz Razz Razz ... (Waits for Shane to reply...)
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: I just caused an accident... Fri, 15 August 2003 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, I know it's not my fault, and I'm not guilty at all
just wanted a topic that grabbed attention Smile

I'm just glad he came out fine, and the car was pretty good too.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I just caused an accident... Sat, 16 August 2003 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn attention whore Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: I just caused an accident... Sun, 17 August 2003 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's me baby

that's me
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: I just caused an accident... Thu, 28 August 2003 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That reminds me of a time when I was 17 and racing this dude in the wet in my parents mitsu express van. I knew this puppy well and when i took a nice clean, slightly oversteery line throughout a roundabout, this falcon ute trying to catch me, thought he could too, and ended up doing a 180 on the exit of the roundabout in front of oncoming traffic.

It was hilarious and this is the last thing he saw from me and my mate.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

WAHA Falcon Driver!
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: I just caused an accident... Thu, 28 August 2003 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shafted by a van, how embaressing! Laughing
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: I just caused an accident... Fri, 29 August 2003 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At least you were responsible enough to go back and check on him.

Most ppl would be tempted just to drive on ...

Ah, what exam stress can do for you ...
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: I just caused an accident... Wed, 03 September 2003 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a bit of technique needed to drive the stock big "Aussie" cars quick around corners.
But it takes practice & a lot a forgiveness for the vehicle.
Been driving late model commowhores & falcoons at work for years now, so almost got it down pat.
Those who have seen me with the commo lately at Lane Cove & Old Pac would know what I mean. Evil or Very Mad
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: I just caused an accident... Thu, 11 September 2003 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe well done draven.

all ive done is kicked a footy out onto the road in front of school and made a car run up the other's arse (he slammed on the brakes)

last night me and my mate egged a commodore driver to give us a fishtail and the cops caught him Laughing Laughing
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: I just caused an accident... Wed, 24 September 2003 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well done evil_foetus, i love seeing commonwhores being busted. all my mates that have big "aussie" cars call my vehicles jap crap till they have a go.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: I just caused an accident... Wed, 24 September 2003 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was at The Rocks on a Sat night as usual and there was a lebbo in his sick convertable merc flying through the carpark... He then slows down to turn into a parking spot and does a burnout sitting on the brakes into the car spot... He looks out of his window to see a paddy wagon with the coppers staring him right in the face Laughing Laughing Laughing ... 3 points and $400 later... He was on his p's too Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...

Everyone that was around was laughing at him...

He got back into his car and left...
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: I just caused an accident... Wed, 24 September 2003 09:18 Go to previous message
Draza wrote on Wed, 24 September 2003 18:51

well done evil_foetus, i love seeing commonwhores being busted. all my mates that have big "aussie" cars call my vehicles jap crap till they have a go.

i love seeing everyone busted except me Very Happy

my sa63 mate has been pulled over twice, and got away with it both times Evil or Very Mad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2 idiots and a very expensive car
Next Topic:Drift Crashes
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 20:06:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061731338500977 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.