Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1GGTE Fuel Pump relay....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
1GGTE Fuel Pump relay.... Wed, 24 September 2003 10:14 Go to next message
Circumstance:
After I found my starting problem with the car being the fuel pump relay, i thought i could fix it, which i did, but since then it has broken again, and again, and again, and i have become more sensible and have decided to buy a new one.

Question:
Does the relay have to be a genuine toyota part? or can i just get a 'universal' relay with the correct voltage settings etc...?

Answer:
......... Please Fill in the Gap............

Thanks
Ben
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Fuel Pump relay.... Wed, 24 September 2003 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It doesnt have to be a genuine toyota part, just as long as the pins are in the right places! The connections should be marked on the side of the relay.
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GGTE Fuel Pump relay.... Wed, 24 September 2003 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mate.

I rung a auto electrician today and his reply was, has to be genuine, and cost about $80. Rang another one just then, a mate, and he said $10 no worries.

Just goes to show that you should really shop around hey? Rolling Eyes

thanks again mate
Ben
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Fuel Pump relay.... Wed, 24 September 2003 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you still have troubles by the weekend you could make your way around here and i'll take a look, I might have a spare relay here from my halfcut!
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1GGTE Fuel Pump relay.... Wed, 24 September 2003 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its wired up correctly the fuel pu,mp should be run of the circuit opening relay

u cant by them at auto shops
either toyota or import wreckers

otheriwse just use a normal relay
and alkso check u get 12 volts atleast at the fuel pump when car is idling
incase u have bad wiring and get voltage drop
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1GGTE Fuel Pump relay.... Wed, 24 September 2003 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think that relay has a resister attached to it (well, the one out of helmann's did).

i think the ECU can direct the relay to feed power thru the resistor or straight thru - either way, it's power source should be the circuit opening relay so the ECU can drive thing properely? Someone who did elec engineering can explain why the resitor's needed or what it does?

check that it's wired up something like the diagram on page1 of this PDF:
<http://members.optushome.com.au/mkhala/red_celica/ 1G-GTE_info/1g_gte_ecu_wiring.pdf>

FWIW: the toytota part numbers are:
Relay 28380-43010
Resistor: 23080-70010 (0.71 ohms)

Charles.
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1GGTE Fuel Pump relay.... Wed, 24 September 2003 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We couldn't get a circuit opening relay for my 1g installation, as I couldn't get a half cut at the time.

We've simply got to relays acting as the opening circuit relay, the first one is bridged.

I'm not an auto electrician either, so my explanation my be vauge but it works none the less.

Cheers Kirk
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Fuel Pump relay.... Thu, 25 September 2003 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The bit with the resistor is set to change the fuel pump voltage. At idle and cruising around it runs through the resistor so the pump is quieter and under full load it bypasses the resistor and runs the pump full voltage.
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: 1GGTE Fuel Pump relay.... Thu, 25 September 2003 12:58 Go to previous message
The circuit opening relay has 2 sets of windings for the 1 contact , One winding is powered when the key is in the start position so the pump operates while cranking , once the motor starts and the key is returned to the ign position that winding is no longer powered and the ECU operates the other winding keeping the pump operating , This relay is used for safety , If the car is in a smash and the fuel lines are cut or damaged , the ECU will turn off the pump as soon as the motor cuts out .
These relays can be picked up at nearly any wrecker from any efi Toyota .

Trevor
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how a 7m block and head *should* look
Next Topic:Decent gauges
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 06:48:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055201053619385 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.