Toymods » Tech & Conversions » puttin uni filters on 20V quad throttle bodies

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
2DVIOS
Newcomer

July 2003
puttin uni filters on 20V quad throttle bodies Tue, 23 September 2003 23:09 Go to next message
hey i was just wondering how much it would cost to put filters on the throttle bodies as MR 20V has done. and will it make that much of a difference in performance.
  Send a private message to this user    
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: puttin uni filters on 20V quad throttle bodies Tue, 23 September 2003 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think they would be very expensive, you can get the idea of price from here:

http://www.uniflow.com.au/

Then use some cable ties to put 'em on.
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: puttin uni filters on 20V quad throttle bodies Wed, 24 September 2003 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think they cost me about $15 each (from memory), that includes the internal springs in each of them.. and yeah, theyre held on with cable ties.

they make a difference in stopping dirt getting into the engine... and i imagine dirt getting into the engine has its own negative effect on performance... Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 24 September 2003 00:08]

limbi
Regular

November 2002
Re: puttin uni filters on 20V quad throttle bodies Wed, 24 September 2003 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what's the use of the springs?
and where bouts did you get your's done? I'd like to get them also!
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: puttin uni filters on 20V quad throttle bodies Wed, 24 September 2003 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't quote me on this but the springs I beleive would be to help them maintain the shape and not suck in on itself.... if that makes sense..... Razz
Lazarus
Newcomer

September 2003
Re: puttin uni filters on 20V quad throttle bodies Thu, 25 September 2003 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
youll need the straight trumpets as well. the filters fit over them, i dont know if the curved factory plastic trumpets would hack it. (or if you could even bolt them up without the factory airbox)
and yeah, the springs are to help the filter keep its shape, otherwise theyd get sucked into the t/b.
2DVIOS
Newcomer

July 2003
Re: puttin uni filters on 20V quad throttle bodies Thu, 25 September 2003 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ii looked at wht i needed to do and i dont think atleast one of the uni fillters will fit there is not enough room and also what happens to the Air flow sensor and the air box??
Lazarus
Newcomer

September 2003
Re: puttin uni filters on 20V quad throttle bodies Thu, 25 September 2003 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need an aftermarket ECU with MAP sensor if youve got a silvertop. if youve got a silvertop with the factory computer, you need the air flow meter and airbox, you cant use the individual filters.
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: puttin uni filters on 20V quad throttle bodies Thu, 25 September 2003 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what abt with a blacktop?

i have a b/t and it had this setup (ie 4 ram tubes with unifilter sox over them) when i bought it but i removed it all cos there are other tubes that suck air on the stock plenum, into the head, and the other flow meter that sticks into the intake..

GZE-STYLE
Regular

July 2002

Re: puttin uni filters on 20V quad throttle bodies Thu, 25 September 2003 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blacktop 20v's arnt AFM. Their a MAP sensor motor from factory with coil packs.
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: puttin uni filters on 20V quad throttle bodies Thu, 25 September 2003 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer i know.. but on the plenum (ie where the ram tubes sit) there are 2 extra small, barely visible (as they are on the underside) induction pipes.. there is also one from the head which is L shaped and plugs into the intake.. the other thing is the plug like this: ----> that also connects to the intake, much the same as a 4afe..

i removed the rams and filter socks as i am worried about all these loose intakes etc..
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: puttin uni filters on 20V quad throttle bodies Thu, 25 September 2003 17:36 Go to previous message
The springs stop the filter from getting sucked into the trumpet. How do I know, ran my cousins Micra and got beaten because my car would not rev past 5500 rpm as one of the filters had collapsed into the trumpet. I now have springs in each filter. Very Happy

He remains unbeaten as his sister wrote it off, and we never had a rematch. Mad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Alternators 4A Motors
Next Topic:how a 7m block and head *should* look
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 19:08:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045039653778076 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.