Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Microtech LTX8 for 3T GTE?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Microtech LTX8 for 3T GTE? Sun, 28 September 2003 08:44 Go to next message
Hi all,
Now thinking of using a microtech system to run my 3T GTE as previously discussed.
Has anyone already got a microtech running a 3T GTE and what do you think of it? So far, it seems that an LTX8 is the way to go?

Should I keep the original coils or go aftermarket?
What about knock control, is there a way I can keep running the standard unit for knock control?

I plan to fit a crank angle sensor so I can get rid of the dizzy completely. It just too big and expensive to get parts for anyway.

Thanks in advance,
Simon
  Send a private message to this user    
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Microtech LTX8 for 3T GTE? Mon, 29 September 2003 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Micortech LTX8 will run the 3t perfectly,

you will have full sequential fuel injection and direct fire ignition etc.

if your in sydney i offer a full supply, install and tuning service for around $1600 for a LTX8 and coils,
i can also supply you with the ECU and bits if you wish

Dale
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: Microtech LTX8 for 3T GTE? Mon, 29 September 2003 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dale,
What company are you from?
I'm in Adelaide.

How much just for the ECU and sensors, eg crank angle, loom etc.

What is the difference between the LT8 and the LTX8? Does it matter which one I use?

Thanks,
Simon
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Microtech LTX8 for 3T GTE? Mon, 29 September 2003 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not from a company. i do ecus and tuning in my spare time, im a microtech trained and approved dealer,

i can only supply you with a ecu, loom and coils, you will need to source the CAS first and tell me what motor it is out of so i can configure the ecu to suit,

the difference between the LT and LTX is the LT8 uses your factory igniter and coil setup and the LTX8 uses a internal igniter and any coil that dosent have a igniter in it,

if you are using a CAS and coil packs you are better off with the LTX8 as it saves heaps of cash by not having to buy igniters etc.

for ecu and loom your looking at $1095, coils $200, handset $225, laptop adaptor $125,
those prices are only valid for 2 weeks as a price rise will occour around then,

Dale
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: Microtech LTX8 for 3T GTE? Tue, 30 September 2003 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry dude, but what does CAS stand for?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Microtech LTX8 for 3T GTE? Tue, 30 September 2003 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crank Angle Sensor
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Microtech LTX8 for 3T GTE? Tue, 30 September 2003 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate,

CAS stands for crank angle sensor,

most toyota motors from the 100kw 4age on have dizzys that can be used as a cas for direct fire ignition,

if you dizzy has 2 pickups in it one with 24 teeth and one with 1 tooth, you can use it as a CAS for direct fire ignition,

Dale
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: Microtech LTX8 for 3T GTE? Wed, 01 October 2003 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do I have to use a CAS from another engine or can one be supplied from Microtech to suit?

Simon
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Microtech LTX8 for 3T GTE? Wed, 01 October 2003 21:50 Go to previous message
you will need to supply your own CAS,

take a pic of your standard dizzy with the cap and rotor button removed and ill tell you if you can use that with coil packs,

Dale
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Microtech MTX-12 on 4agze, yes or no?
Next Topic:Noise when entering a Corner...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 22 11:58:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0033290386199951 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.