Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corvid
Regular

May 2002
AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Sun, 28 September 2003 21:39 Go to next message
MAD Turbocharged AE86
D1 eat your heart out

1986 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex AE86 (converted to a turbo car)
5 speed
Black 2-tone
115,000 kms
GT30 turbo
Front mount intercooler
Oil cooler
TRD LSD
EVC boost controller
BRIDE seat
Exhaust
BLITZ boost gauge
GReddy turbo timer
This turbocharged AE86 would fly. We're sure it will fetch a hefty price, thanks to the huge cult following in Japan for these old cars. Expected price is from about 850,000 yen FOB, approx. $17,500 plus modifications and ORC's. Eligible for immediate import under the 15 year rule.
http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/au/news/img/4328.jpg
http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/au/news/img/4330.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Sun, 28 September 2003 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope you realize this car got sold on saturday, and went for $8300 before FOB...
Patr1c
Regular

May 2002
icon12.gif  Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Mon, 29 September 2003 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing

[Updated on: Mon, 29 September 2003 03:25]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Mon, 29 September 2003 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ouch

8400 BEFORE fob

thats like.... 15-16000 landed on road
Poolshark
Regular

February 2003

Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Mon, 29 September 2003 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on roads wouldnt be much
compliancing would be very cheap
and surely shipping isnt that much
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Mon, 29 September 2003 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would be around 14-16k all up to get the car fully on the road, registered engineerd, complied and Roadworthy

If i had the cash i would be highly considering it, you can't make it yourself for that price anyway....
Ruckus
Regular

June 2002
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Mon, 29 September 2003 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could someone plz tell me why the bonnets on alot of hypo cars are never sitting down properly at the back?

what is it so the hot air can get out or something?
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Mon, 29 September 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The bonnet has been modified to open from the back up so as not to fly open when racing and smack the windscreen.I presume it is just not closed properly hence the gap. Smile
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Mon, 29 September 2003 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no its actually washers that are there to jack up the bonnet, i think its there for hot air to be release or the "look"
Ruckus
Regular

June 2002
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Mon, 29 September 2003 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you could be right on that one, ive noticed it abit lately on cars in magazines too...like hot fours...not that i read it.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Tue, 30 September 2003 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jacking up the back of the bonnet actually makes the bonnet more likely to shoot through the windscreen and decapitaie you. as sprinters (and most other smallish cars) have such pissweak bonnet hinges, they also have these catchy ple things which prevent the bonnet shifting back. Also, the bonnets are designed to bend in the middle isnead of getting pushed back.

when you pack up the hinges with washers, the pins no longer sit in the holes in the bonnet, so when you crash it gets pushed through the winscreen, and its bye-bye head.

plus they make the car look ghey.

pop your bonnet and have a look
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Tue, 30 September 2003 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what i've seen in malaysia was most turbo cars do their bonnets like that..they put washer to make the bonnet highher and its like they have the turbo looks..

i believe it is also to release hot air by some ways...

it is actually very nice to have you bonnet like that but if too many people do it...and even if there's non turbo cars that do it...then the category rice will appear..

i've hardly seen the turbo cars in australia having this look on the streeet..maybe because they don't wanna have much trouble with the cops..

supra R
Regular

August 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Tue, 30 September 2003 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think this is street legal isnt is?
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Tue, 30 September 2003 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this thing a 4agze converted to turbo?
it would have trouble spooling up a gt30.
i was thinking 3sgte

anyone know?
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Tue, 30 September 2003 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please forgive my ignorance but what does FOB stand for?
Wind86
Regular

September 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Tue, 30 September 2003 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jacking up the bonnet was to release the hot air ...... I have seen a lot of imported 180sx do that...... as the air came in from the front.... and gone from the back ...very effective....its better than digging holes on the bonnet isnt it ? Very Happy

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Tue, 30 September 2003 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno dude....i like speed holes... Razz Razz Laughing Laughing
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Tue, 30 September 2003 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friend in malaysia had a satria(or a mirage or whatever u wanna call it) with an evoII engine in it and he said the reason he had his bonnet slightly up was cause he couldn't close the engine properly, if he did sit his engine any lower, the oil sump would hit the road (and his car's lowered too)

thats what his mechanic told him. Im not too sure about the release hot air thingy
Ruckus
Regular

June 2002
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Tue, 30 September 2003 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NuGeN wrote on Tue, 30 September 2003 19:45

Please forgive my ignorance but what does FOB stand for?

FOB...Fresh Off Boat?
supra R
Regular

August 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Tue, 30 September 2003 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Free On Boat i believe this is the correct meanning...

well all it mean is total cost before that car leave japan( all the transport cost, paper work cost, dealer charge.... etc)
Patr1c
Regular

May 2002
icon1.gif  Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Wed, 01 October 2003 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
close - free on board
prestigemotorsport.com.au and kobecars.com have good write ups on how the australian import process works.

P
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Wed, 01 October 2003 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had my bonnet sitting up like that for a while now, and after many warnings from other motorists at traffic lights i.e. "your bonnets open!" I tend to find it a very useful modification especially when you have an engine with forced induction. The most noticable thing is when on a very hot day, you can actually see the heat fumes escaping from the gaps created from raising the bonnet.

Apart from that, numerous pigs have pulled me over and tried to press it down - but I just be honest and tell them the truth - to prevent overheating. No defects yet?! *knock on wood* Rolling Eyes

Also it has its own style, and definately looks aggressive. Smile

Truzeno
Regular

February 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Wed, 01 October 2003 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"speed holes"
Do people just attack the hood with a powerdrill and angle grinder???? Hm never seen it.
walkie
Regular

October 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Wed, 01 October 2003 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its from The Simpsons
Bling Bling
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Wed, 01 October 2003 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep- it's to allow heat to escape, I had the bonnet raised on mine until someone in the know gave me a very good tip...

Raising the back end of a bonnet on a car that doesnt come out like that as factory is illegal for street use, because if for whatever reason your engine blows up, oil and shit will go all over the windscreen, and I dont have to explain what that would do to vision Smile.

It does however work very well in reducing under bonnet temps because of airflow. Two tips if you do decide to do it, make sure you nothing thats prone to damage from heat... my wipers didnt look too good after 6 months of heat exposure Smile. Also, your windscreen gets dirty and oily very quickly... so frequent washing is needed.
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Thu, 02 October 2003 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked WAAAAH!! NICE CAR!!! Good luck on selling it!!
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Sat, 04 October 2003 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked thats a pretty serious looking treuno!!!and yes the bonnet is sitting like that for heat extraction just for example the gt4 bonnet vents, one lets air in and the other faces the windscreen letting air out...and why would it be rice on a car thats not turbocharged?if someone thrashes there car of course the engine and under bonnet temps are gonna be high so why not do something to cool it down...
cheers
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Sat, 04 October 2003 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any chances of more pics ?? love the bodykit!
turbokid
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Sun, 05 October 2003 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks bitchin.

i thought it went for $13800 landed and throught customs. only reg and stamp duty was required on top of that.
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Sun, 05 October 2003 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah dude is there anymore pics??? it looks sweet as but i dont like the big fuck off body kit.... Mad but i like the t-wing on it.....any idea on hp figures???
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Sun, 05 October 2003 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are u guys stupid or what?

it was in auction in japan... someone posted here to inform u off it... they are not selling the car... they are mearly passing on info from the website, he knows the same as what u know and has no more pics u stooges... stop asking about it...

its sold anyway... if i knew it had sold for less than $10k (non fob) i would of gone for it... but they said they expected $18k so i didn't bother... *sigh* such is life

[Updated on: Sun, 05 October 2003 06:38]

SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Sun, 05 October 2003 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why-dude you cant stop people from being interested in a fat treuno afterall we dont have treunos here....
Crying or Very Sad
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Mon, 06 October 2003 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is such a sweet hachi...mmmm trueno Smile
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: AE86 Turbo Trueno for sale on Prestige. Tue, 07 October 2003 11:24 Go to previous message
ive seen a trueno in perth a couple of times with that same black/grey two-tone colour, but no where near as modded as this one. it probably was a d1 car
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Trueno on hold for son
Next Topic:ke30 pany?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 12:59:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094149112701416 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.