Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » New thread...I Just put in my "celicamad" boost controler

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
New thread...I Just put in my "celicamad" boost controler Tue, 30 September 2003 10:38 Go to next message
MAN!!! it feels like i got a small turbo a large one and a supercharger all in one...my car is so responsive now ... the accuracy is what blows me away...its fantastic! anyone who thinks this controler is not what everyone says dosn't deserve it, but it is the best freakn mod that i've done to my baby and this was worth every cent...

This is an actual "Boost control system" not a pissi bleed valve...

Get One!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: New thread...I Just put in my "celicamad" boost controler Tue, 30 September 2003 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been going to get one of these for ages, after speaking to JAZE and seeing your thread here my mind's made up!

Thanks Very Happy

Dan
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New thread...I Just put in my "celicamad" boost controler Wed, 01 October 2003 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't think twice about it
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: New thread...I Just put in my "celicamad" boost controler Wed, 01 October 2003 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mx83toy are these things easy to install yourself?
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: New thread...I Just put in my "celicamad" boost controler Wed, 01 October 2003 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Basically all you need to do is place the controller in line from the compressor outlet to the wastegate .the rest involves anout 20 min average setup (with a few minor changes over a few drives)

to actualy fit the valve takes about 3 mins

with a twin turbo setup you need to first join the two compressor outlet lines and the two wastegate actuator lines.

both of these should join into a t piece then connect the appropriate lines to the boost controller .

The installation is basically the same for any boost controller

i do provide FULL Instructions and you can always call me if you get stuck

[Updated on: Wed, 01 October 2003 09:45]

mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New thread...I Just put in my "celicamad" boost controler Wed, 01 October 2003 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well yeah thats right...

I had a Turbo Smart valve there already (Now For Sale Evil or Very Mad) basically loosened off the clamps and put this in place (i done it basically in the dark with a bad back, so anyone can do it)

I was out playing with it just before and the accuracy is just superb I've never seen anything this good, holds my boost perfect!!!

[Updated on: Wed, 01 October 2003 10:49]

gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: New thread...I Just put in my "celicamad" boost controler Wed, 01 October 2003 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mx83toy wrote on Wed, 01 October 2003 18:48

(i done it basically in the dark with a bad back, so anyone can do it)

did you really have a bad back or is that what you tell the government? Laughing

jk man Smile
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New thread...I Just put in my "celicamad" boost controler Thu, 02 October 2003 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dats cool Smile
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: New thread...I Just put in my "celicamad" boost controler Fri, 03 October 2003 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a point a few people have been emailing me with some questions and its easier to tell everyone on here

i no longer sell the controller with a fuel conrol module . ( some time ago i did)this was scrapped because it only seemed to work on some engines

The controller no longer come's boxed (see my webpage). It was found boxing it actually trapped hot air inside the valves reducing accuracy . the current setup works perfect and is cheaper

i dont recommend in cabin setup it is possible but a small spike is usually created by mounting in cabin (about 2 psi usually) . and if you dont want it to spike(not recommended) then underbonnet works best
JZA70T
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: New thread...I Just put in my "celicamad" boost controler Tue, 07 October 2003 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought it was probably bullshit so i tried one on the Supra.
Boost response was awesome .out with the HKS in with the Celicamad one .......VERY happy Very Happy Very Happy
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: New thread...I Just put in my "celicamad" boost controler Tue, 07 October 2003 21:47 Go to previous message
im sure the reason why you got such a big gain is your VERY free flowing exhaust .

interesting how much better power delivery was gained here. 2nd gear developed slight wheelspin and 1 st gear launches had to be ...well a LOT lazier( manual) .even so 0-100 times dropped on average almost 1/2 a second (even with some traction loss in 2nd)

heres the wierd bit peak power was up in all gears and almost 20 kw @ wheels in 4 th gear .yet we where running slightly less boost than before .The hks had trouble controlling boost under 1.3 bar but the new controller could hold 1.2 bar (approx). the slighlty lower boost kept the 1j turbos a little more effecient .
air wasnt AS super heated

Still had trouble holding boost under 1.2 bar even with no controler at all .boost would slowly rise under load in higher gears .......Thats one hell of an exhaust system . no wonder your rear wheel power figure is still equal highest on a 1j ive ever seen ...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: 2jz damaged
Next Topic:AE86 drum to disc. Some1 plz explain the dramas about the emergency brake and what has to be done.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 10:36:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047569274902344 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.