Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-75
Regular

July 2003
1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 05:14 Go to next message
Has anyone done it? how hard would it be?
  Send a private message to this user    
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude that'd be a tight squeeze! Both height and length and width??? dont quote me though! Even 1jz is pretty damn difficult! However theres on on www.norbie.net - titled "matts twin turbo celica"
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It has been done, and as a twin turbo at that.

The guy resisdes in the Wodonga area. I have seen the latest incarnation with a strategically placed single turbo, and althought it wasn't complete, the level of work was stunning and it sounded sweeeeeet.

Jamie is his firts name. He may be a nmember of the list ?
TRD-75
Regular

July 2003
Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wanted to keep it stock with factory computer. i thought it would make a reliable HSV eater Evil or Very Mad is there a 5 speed gearbox to suite?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
r154 or w58 from late model supra/ soarer cut?
Cressida Supra
Regular

September 2002

Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Wed, 01 October 2003 13:25

r154 or w58 from late model supra/ soarer cut?

and a custom bell/h and a custom flywheel @ about 400$ each
TRD-75
Regular

July 2003
Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i read an article in Zoom that said you just have to make new engine mounts and the engine just drops in. what about the computer? will that work with out the auto?

[Updated on: Wed, 01 October 2003 05:35]

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do it Macguiver style-

You will need the following:
one shoe horn
some shoe lace
three tubes of ky jelly
large hammer (these always come in handy)
PVC glue
and lots of electrical tape

I love it when magazines say it just drops in........ Laughing
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-75 wrote on Wed, 01 October 2003 15:34

i read an article in Zoom that said you just have to make new engine mounts and the engine just drops in. what about the computer? will that work with out the auto?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A ra28 may be a different story...they have a bigger engine bay dont they? Still...will be quite a task. i dont know if a bellhousing would go past the firewall for the v8 block?

[Updated on: Wed, 01 October 2003 06:21]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Talk to Jamie. I think his nick on these forums is 1UZ-FTE...
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the mate of mine who works for toyota heard that a 1UZ into a 23/8 was a more straightforward dropin then a 1G, but I think he was getting his wires crossed. From what I've read its not as hard as into a 22. I think putting them into 23/8's is much more realistic. Plus the 23/8 looks sexier anyway Cool
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think that it matters if it's a 22 or 23/28. It's the width that's the squeeze, not the length.

What's important is that it can be done 'coz it has been done.
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe so, but I'm just trying to get him out of a 22 and into a 23 Smile
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you're gonna go extractors (i reccomend!) would be very difficult to make because of width restrictions. hell ive got an ma61, and because of the v8's width - my 302 headers are gonna look like spaghetti! And very expensive because of fancy work needing to be done.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 October 2003 06:38]

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pretty much the only headers you'll be able to run are the factory SOARER ones. None others will fit (to my knowledge) unless they're custom made.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jamies car is a piece of Engineering ART - i saw it on the way to dyno day ( he was nice enough to put me up for the night on the way back - top fella ! )

its running custom exhaust manifolds - alot of body strengthening - and its eaten so far about 4 w58's

rear end wise from what i could see its running a TRD spec Corolla GTS LSD rear end ( this is a guess - though it sure as hell looks like one ), and very modified front stoppers ..

He's the man to talk to re this conversion - and yes - 1uzfte is is handle on here ..

i think last note was in excess of 270KW at the wheels too - on twin turbs - now hes got a big arse single one happening which will make things VERY interesting indeed Smile

As for the conversion - the 1uz Looks like it belongs in the ta22's engine bay - its amazing the level of detail and work jamies put into this car - top kudos for it - and its easily the BEST toyota conversion i have seen to date

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where did this rumour come from!? It's eaten one earlier W58 and its now got a Mk4 W58. I spoke to Jamie about this a little while ago! Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh - my mistake then - Embarassed

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Wed, 01 October 2003 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its all good dude Smile

I wish I had half the skill of Jamie, to be able to do all the custom stuff he's done is incredible Very Happy
supra1978
Regular

February 2003
Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Thu, 02 October 2003 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might want to consider converting to rack and pinion steering if converting to 1UZ in a 22.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1UZFE in ta22 celica Thu, 02 October 2003 00:16 Go to previous message
I really don't think the 1uz looks like it belongs in a TA22 engine bay. The custom work that Jamie has done has made it look like it belongs in HIS bay, but thats a lot of custom work.

Also, I think he was using the factory exhaust manifolds, but swapped around to be facing towards the front of the bay. After those is where the custom exhaust work starts.

Really want to hear more on his new setup.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:microtech digi 1??? QUESTION
Next Topic:Microtech MTX-12 on 4agze, yes or no?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 19:11:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055267810821533 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.