Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
2TG/3T hybrid engine Wed, 01 October 2003 09:34 Go to next message
okie dokie,
3T block, 2TG head, oversize pistons, running EFI with microtech injection, fully rebuilt 15,000km's ago.
may seperate efi, and can include gearbox and tuned extractors

in ADELAIDE

offers.....

Brendon
  Send a private message to this user    
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Wed, 01 October 2003 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heya brendo, is this the motor that you just got or were going to get dyno tuned??? what sorta power did you get out of it and what sorta pistons are in it?
justin
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Wed, 01 October 2003 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin - I got it tuned and ended up with 78kw at the wheels...
as for the pistons they were custom made 60thou oversize with approx 10.5:1 c/r
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Wed, 01 October 2003 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR KEEN BEAN, has sent you a PM Smile
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Wed, 01 October 2003 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats a ruff price with and without injection?
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Wed, 01 October 2003 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm yeah rough price complete to see how much i need to whore myself out to get it hehehe
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Thu, 02 October 2003 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sent you a PM...
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Thu, 02 October 2003 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok guys, rough price, around $2500 I would have to say.... that's the engine, gearbox, efi and wiring, and extractors.

EMP-2TG - without injection it would have to be round $1500

7MGTEMA71 - the injection alone would sell for round $1200, I guess you mean the efi manifold, injectors, loom and computer.
and yes, this is the same set-up I was running on the Pt Gawler cruise but hadn't had it dyno tuned at that stage.

but like I said, I'd rather not seperate the engine and efi but it is a possibility.

Brendon

7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Thu, 02 October 2003 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the EFI manifold all standard? I mean was it running the std throttle body/are there any other mods? What injectors were you running?
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Fri, 03 October 2003 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
standard efi manifold, plenum, Throttle body is standard but have adapted the 4AGE TPS to it as the 4AGE tps is variable and the computer is running in TPS mode... the manifold is polished up, and the plenum is even more polished.... and am running 3tgte injectors

there is alot more been done to this engine than it sounds, just cant be bothered listing it all at the moment
tired from work
Brendon
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Fri, 03 October 2003 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was lots of intrest until a price was said..... obviously some people do not realise the amount of time and money that goes into some things.....
this is a COMPLETE package, drop it into your celica and drive away with just under 80kw's at the wheels and a mid 15 second 1/4 mile time !! all in a naturally aspirated engine !
$2500 is negotiable but you have to admit that is a very fair price and one hell of a bargain.

Brendon
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Fri, 03 October 2003 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was just keen to see how much u wanted Smile
tis an awesome bit of kit
ill be building mine tho
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Fri, 03 October 2003 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That engine would be perfect for anyone with a TA22. sure enough you could get a 3TGTEU for less than that, but just getting the bastard into your celica after the cost of engine mounts, computers, gearbox mounts, wiring, etc will cost you that amount, all to be lost when the red and blue lights start flashing behind ya.

This engine is legal, complete, comes with legit dyno graphs and 1/4mile times and in a lighter TA22 it would go well under 15secs!

I know from experience about screwing around with old engines, it pays to just go with a fresh engine thats already proven itself. I've seen this engine being built up, only the best parts used and it shows. If snyper posts a pic up you can see the attention to detail, and maybe if he posts some specs of the thing:roll: Rolling Eyes

Thats my 2cents. Good engine. Good buy.
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Fri, 03 October 2003 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, specs time....

BLOCK
bored out 60thou oversize
custom 60thou oversize 3T pistons, new rings and bearings.
3T Crank lightened and balanced.
3TGTE oil pump
3T flywheel, lightened and balanced
Whole bottom end has been balanced

HEAD
Yamaha 2TGEU 261 series head
Basic port/polish job
Heavy duty dual valve springs
New valves and valve guides
Big cams, unsure of specification, very lumpy but still streetable to drive at low rpm, lots of tourque down low

INDUCTION
Standard 2tgeu efi manifold - polished
Standard 2tgeu efi plenum - hand polished to mirror finish
Standard 2tgeu throttle body, but with a 4AGE variable TPS adapted to run the microtech
3TGTE injectors, cleaned and flow tested before engine was built
Microtech MT-4 Computer

This engine was fully rebuilt about 10 months ago, new gaskets, new timing chains, new chain guides, new HD clutch, the works.
It even has the "1600" rocker cover on it to try and fool some people, hehehe

Proven dyno sheet of 78 kw's at the wheels about a month ago, Ran a 1/4 mile time of 15.8 in a TA23 celica about 6 months ago, expect a mid to low 15 now after the dyno tune.

Engine is all a legal conversion into a TA22 or TA23 celica and includes T50 Gearbox and tuned length extractors

will post pics later as it's early morning and a bit dark still.
will take offers, but only serious ones...
Brendon
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Fri, 03 October 2003 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to any one interested this package is worth $2500, i have just started a similar engine build and have spent $1700 just on machining work alone, not to mention the computer, gearbox, extractors and everything that comes in brendons package!!!
WORTH EVERY CENT, GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SALE BRENDON!
justin
aka xDR-22x
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Wed, 08 October 2003 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP

anyone got any offers
engine will be coming out soon, may take offers, no point in it sitting there doing nothing

Brendon
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Wed, 08 October 2003 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know people are always sayin this, but if it is still unsold in a couple of months then i will be very interested, just have to wait till after uni exams so i can do some decent hours of work
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Sat, 11 October 2003 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You wouldn't want to come and see it in the car and going anfd possibly leave a deposit or something, cos once it comes out of the car people would be less inclined to buy cos they cant see it running....
the engine will be out of the car in 3 weeks.

Brendon
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Sat, 11 October 2003 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry mate but i don't have the time at the moment or enough certainty that i will be able to buy it, don't wanna mess you around cos i can't be sure. and i'll trust you that the engine goes well and all that if i do end up goin for it.

i will hopefully be at the next ccc cruise so may see it there anyway? any idea of the date or day of the next one?

[Updated on: Sat, 11 October 2003 11:39]

Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Sun, 12 October 2003 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am the Vice President of the Classic Celica Club and help organise the cruises etc.

Brendon
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 2TG/3T hybrid engine Sun, 22 February 2004 09:15 Go to previous message
pm sent
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:*PICS* Jack Flash Dual Slalom Bike - Price Neg!!
Next Topic:4ag and a whole heap of other stuff for sale (melb)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 05:10:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064699649810791 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.