Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
supra R
Regular

August 2003
FS.......MX83 Tue, 30 September 2003 09:13 Go to next message
well i post ed it before...but now the cond changed......the head gasket is gone...and i'm still consideing engine swap at this satge...but a 1JZ engine is too hard to find in WA.....

i'm think about selling it as it is...any taker? i have photo some where in this forum...look back for my post for the pic.....

please offer me.....
  Send a private message to this user    
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: FS.......MX83 Tue, 30 September 2003 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
price? Model? Grande/ gli?
supra R
Regular

August 2003
Re: FS.......MX83 Tue, 30 September 2003 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
89. GLXI. it has been done 176k..new break pad. recond gearbox.
auto sunroof, tinted, all the usual staff.
poinner deck with cd charger. sony front(4 speakers). kenwood 6x9 back. near new tyers.

what am i looking for?......$$$$$ as much as what you think it worth
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: FS.......MX83 Wed, 01 October 2003 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well id have to get the head reco'd and head gasket changed...so theres potentially $1500...
about cressidas...i have nfi - someone give me a ball figure!
supra R
Regular

August 2003
Re: FS.......MX83 Wed, 01 October 2003 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any body got any idea at all?

well it's in good cond...and low kms.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: FS.......MX83 Wed, 01 October 2003 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats it worth to you is more my question...i have a rough idea..
supra R
Regular

August 2003
Re: FS.......MX83 Wed, 01 October 2003 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4 and half? Very Happy
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: FS.......MX83 Thu, 02 October 2003 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4 and a half Shocked Add the cost of the new head gasket and it doesn't turn into much of a bargain. I bought my late 1991 GLX for $6600 with new platinum plugs, new head gasket fitted, new ball joints and new tyres etc... and that was 14 months ago.

Plus, the '89 model has those SUPER GAY chrome thingies on top of the front quarter panels. Laughing
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: FS.......MX83 Thu, 02 October 2003 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also thought that the "GLXi" stopped at the MX73. They started calling them only "GLX" with the MX83.

Sorry to shit on your party supra R but these things have to be bought real cheap initially 'cos repair costs are pricey.

Attachment: GLX-badge.jpg
(Size: 28.18KB, Downloaded 53 time(s))

biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS.......MX83 Thu, 02 October 2003 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Thu, 02 October 2003 11:02

Plus, the '89 model has those SUPER GAY chrome thingies on top of the front quarter panels. Laughing

*laughs* Yes, and they also at least came with Climate Control AC...Does yours?
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: FS.......MX83 Fri, 03 October 2003 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Climate control, cruise control, IRS, 15" alloys, comfort, smooth ride... the list goes on. Very Happy Mine now has a sub and 17" alloys. Cool

However, what I can't understand is the lack of guages. Confused Even my '86 Calais had an oil pressure guage and a battery meter. My Cressida does not.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: FS.......MX83 Fri, 03 October 2003 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And, when I say MY Cressida, I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) the Grande came with those guages either. It did however come with leather, power driver's seat, 6-stack CD, LSD, ABS and traction control. Pretty fancy for back then. But over $11000 for a good cond. one now.
supra R
Regular

August 2003
Re: FS.......MX83 Fri, 03 October 2003 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well...some how...at the back of my car it sayd GLXI..i will post the photo here soon..

any way...i dont know what you guys think...but i like my cressida...and i dont expect to sell it cheap..

hey simdog... on mine there is not any of gay staff as you said..it's complete fender that is all...

plus the price between eastern state and western are different..OK? even now a good cond MX83 still cost 7-8 here in WA, plus mine is only done 178ks the inside and out are still in good condition

and yes mine got the climate control sunroof...6cd charger....new tyers...the list goes on and on..the only thing is the head gasket...that only cost 1k maximum with a recond cuc head! fully fitted....i just to lazy to do the work...and after few weeks of looking around with 1JZ half cut..i'm so tried.

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: FS.......MX83 Sat, 04 October 2003 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I suppose I have been basing most of my comments on the Toyota Cressidas that were sold by Toyota Australia back in the day... I reckon you might have a personal import and that'd be why there are some slight variations in badging and other small things. Confused

I saw a standard turbo diesel Cressida a couple of days ago in the trading post (personal import). I checked and it seems that Toyota Japan made turbo diesel Cressidas.
supra R
Regular

August 2003
Re: FS.......MX83 Sun, 05 October 2003 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeap...that's ture....we have so many differnt names on one kind of car.... Confused

but anyway...i will consider a seriously offer from you guys...or fix it and drive it
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: FS.......MX83 Sun, 05 October 2003 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friend also has a GLXi MX83.
can take photo of badge if it really phases you..

also the MX83 had the "optional" sunroof - cool
supra R
Regular

August 2003
Re: FS.......MX83 Mon, 06 October 2003 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing which is i got one on mine
2QIKMX83
Regular

May 2003
Re: FS.......MX83 Wed, 15 October 2003 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX83 ARE GLX, GLXi'S ARE ONLY IN THE MX73, IF ITS GOT A BLOWN HEAD GASKET AND NOTHING ELSE WRONG WITH IT, IT WOULD B WORTH ABOUT $2500-2800 MAXIMUM, BODY AND TRANS WOULD HAVE 2 BE GOOD WITH EXLNT INTERIOR.....
2QIKMX83
Regular

May 2003
Re: FS.......MX83 Wed, 15 October 2003 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE CRESSIDAS CAME OUT IN ABOUT 7 DIFFERENT VARIANT WORLD WIDE WITH EVERYTHING FROM THE 1JZ TO THE 22R, EVEN DIESELS.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: FS.......MX83 Fri, 17 October 2003 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been saying that GLXi's are only MX73 but people seem to have evidence otherwise. I admitted I don't know everything there is to know about Cressidas but I was pretty sure... Thanks 2QIKMX83 for backing me up. Smile
2QIKMX83
Regular

May 2003
Re: FS.......MX83 Sat, 18 October 2003 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres lots ov people that claim 2 know everything about cressidas,or toyotas, some r extreamly in the know,those people are a credit to the toyota name, others have no idea, i dont claim 2 know everything, I worked with toyota as a mechanic for many years, my father was general manager for toyota Australia For 33 years and my brother is parts manager for penrith toyota, Over the years i have owned everything from a toyota UP-10(Air cooled 800cc),RT72,every model corona and corolla(up 2 about 1988)my whole life has been with toyoyta's. Ijust like the facts to b told, every country gets different features and names for the same type of car,Bet some people didnt know the cressida came out with "drink holders". I currently hav 3 MX83's, hav owned a total of 6. I am happy i was able to help you.....
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: FS.......MX83 Sat, 18 October 2003 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they also came out with automatic seatbelts in the US, and drivers/passanger side window wipers in japan.
oh and also a factory option of a 1j Eye Spin
2QIKMX83
Regular

May 2003
Re: FS.......MX83 Sat, 18 October 2003 08:22 Go to previous message
More likely 2 find the original glx badge was knocked off and replaced with the glxi badge by the previous owner having no idea it was wrong......
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: 1988 GA70 Supra in Perth
Next Topic:KE20 COROLLA 4 SALE (REGO)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 19:56:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.1222460269928 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.