Toymods » Tech & Conversions » MSD Tach Adaptor & Electronic Speedo hassles

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
icon5.gif  MSD Tach Adaptor & Electronic Speedo hassles Fri, 03 October 2003 22:58 Go to next message
Hi everyone,

I need to get the tach working properly in my MA61 with 7M-GTE (even though I can't stand the digital dash), and have found 'some' info on the MSD Tach Adaptor, but need further clarification on which one I actually need ?

I believe that it should be the '8920' version (the more expensive of course Confused )

Anyone with any experience ??

Also the speedo reading is way out (not the main drama), but it is intermittent, i.e. it often does nothing. Has anyone had a similar problem and where would the first place be to look ? I'm going to try and grab another dash to try if it is something at that end, or may be the pickup ?

Once again, any suggestions ?

Cheers

Michael
  Send a private message to this user    
ma61_turbo
Regular

June 2002

Re: MSD Tach Adaptor & Electronic Speedo hassles Sat, 04 October 2003 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael,

Can't remember what part number for the MSD tach adaptor, you might like to check the MK2 mailing list archives if nobody here knows it:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/mk2/

As far as speedo goes, the cable is probably loose. You should be able to pull the dash apart to seat it properly.

Dave
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MSD Tach Adaptor & Electronic Speedo hassles Sat, 04 October 2003 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its msd tacho adapter

pn8920
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MSD Tach Adaptor & Electronic Speedo hassles Tue, 07 October 2003 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Embarassed
Thanks guys. Managed to work out the search function properly Shocked and found out that it is MSD Tach Adaptor # 8920. One shop in Adelaide sells them for $132, but waiting on an answer from sixworks

Cheers

Michael B
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MSD Tach Adaptor & Electronic Speedo hassles Wed, 08 October 2003 00:09 Go to previous message
Sorry Michael, I have been having lots of trouble with Optusnet lately but it seems to be sorted now. I have just emailed you details on the Tcaho Booster together with pdf data sheets. Cost is $98, is made locally and has more functionality than the MSD unit. Will have stock from next week onwards.

Grant
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What brakes fo I have on my ra23?
Next Topic: 2jz damaged
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 22:23:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064370632171631 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.