Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jayman
Regular

October 2003
2tg heads Sun, 05 October 2003 00:46 Go to next message
Two 2tg heads and covers, plus bits and pieces. Best offer for quick sale.
  Send a private message to this user    
Connor
Regular

July 2003
Re: 2tg heads Sun, 05 October 2003 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what condition are they in?? whats a rough price u'd want, and how much to gettem to tassie?
jayman
Regular

October 2003
Re: 2tg heads Sun, 05 October 2003 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check your email
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2tg heads Sun, 05 October 2003 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man, what model head is it???
justin
jayman
Regular

October 2003
Re: 2tg heads Sun, 05 October 2003 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is no model number at the front, just says yamaha. i was just reading through the past forum notes and some one said if it has no numbers it is a 88262 head, if thats any help

[Updated on: Sun, 05 October 2003 07:31]

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2tg heads Sun, 05 October 2003 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jayman,

Consider em SOLD !

I have been looking for an 88262 head so i can get some flow figures and stuff from em. I'll take em both so I can play around.

Hows $200 the pair sound ??

Give me a call or pm me your mobile number.
My mobile number is 0416 181 284.

thanks,

[Updated on: Sun, 05 October 2003 08:33]

CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 2tg heads Sun, 05 October 2003 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a short note rodney we flowed the 3 heads 220 with small valves 222 and the yamaha head the 222 and yamaha were the same only the small valve was less
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: 2tg heads Mon, 06 October 2003 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glen,

Don't suppose you have those flow figures at all do you and what sort of flow bench did you use ? Did you do them for multiple lift points ?

I have flower the 88261 head and the 3TGTE head. The small valve 2TG head (88220) I have hear to flow and I have just been chasing the 88262 head so i can flow one of those. These 88262 heads have proved very difficult to find as all the importers used to thro them out Sad

Being a high emissions head they actually have offset combustion chambers and had uniquely shaped pistons. Unless you have the pistons to match the head is basically useless and because of the offset chambers you cannot get any sort of decent compression in em. Sad

I am also lead to beleive you cannot buy replacement pistons for em Sad Not over here anyway as they were never sold in Australia.

I just wanna verify it for myself Smile

Oh and as i am sure you are aware, ALL 2TG heads were made by Yamaha Wink

Jayman, Get back to me dude so I can get things organised to get em to sydney and get you some dollars. !
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 2tg heads Mon, 06 October 2003 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we did but that was 20 years ago but from memory we used to look for 430- thou lift and it was a proper f;ow bench the 220 made 200 hp the 222 and 260 made 204 and 261 well not good 194 hp
jayman
Regular

October 2003
Re: 2tg heads Fri, 10 October 2003 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,

sorry it's take a while for me to reply, been busy. Now I was hoping to sell the lot as a whole. Other parts include efi throttle body, 2t block, 2 alternators, 2 starter motors and electronic dissy plus the 2 2tg heads with covers. Was looking around the $400 mark for the lot will not sep.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon6.gif  Re: 2tg heads Sat, 11 October 2003 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jayman,

mate those heads are completely useless without the offset crown pistons to go with them !

Am happy to take "the Lot" but can only offer you $250. They quite simply are not worth any more than that due to their design and limited useage.

Especially since I will also need to drive down there to pick em up, its just not worth anymore.

See my above posts as to why the heads are generally thrown away rather than sold.

Either way I would like to get my hands on em but only for a fair price. Good luck with the sale and let me know.
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2tg heads Mon, 13 October 2003 03:09 Go to previous message
Hi Guys (Rodney),

I'm really interested in the results of the test Rodney, (if you get the heads - fingers crossed).

As i've mentioned before, i have one of these motors running and i wish to do some work to it, even to prove people wrong. But when you say you can't even get pistons for 'em anymore, my heart is shattered! So i'm very curious of your findings.

Frank
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:F/S microtech LT8
Next Topic:1JZGTE SARD 550cc injectors BRAND NEW
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 22:56:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043108463287354 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.