Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 01:22 Go to next message
here is a link to a free program that converts almost everything

http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.baker10/freepr og.htm

my car has 78kw at the wheels ohhhh YEAH! (thats before the K&N filter & carbie tune) im trying to crakc in to the 80's Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like i've got about the same..... Rolling Eyes

76.061386901392 kw
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can do it online too

http://www.onlineconversion.com/

Very Happy
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smart ass attention whore! Laughing
jk Very Happy
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coronamark2 wrote on Fri, 10 October 2003 11:22

my car has 78kw at the wheels ohhhh YEAH! (thats before the K&N filter & carbie tune) im trying to crakc in to the 80's Laughing

probably what the good ol' 5m-e is pumping out Sad
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its pretty good if you think about cause every one raves on about the 100kw corolla's but they would probably put out 85-90kw at the wheels if that.

correct me if wroung here people
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A 100kw Corolla makes around 55-65kw at the wheels. A standard gze is around 75-85kw at the wheels.

Edit: Better add that I quoted real world at the wheels figures.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 October 2003 03:54]

coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there you go my 27 year old engine puts out more power than the 100kw corolla OHH WHAT A FEELING MY MOTOR!
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol put it on a real dyno and see what it gets mate! Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey! Mine does too! Evil or Very Mad
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what i got on a real dyno mate 105hp which = 78kw Twisted Evil at the wheels

[Updated on: Fri, 10 October 2003 03:56]

whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice result Smile

I'm 78kw at the wheels too, we should run Evil or Very Mad
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe I was saying, my engine makes more than the Rolla.... Razz
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah i wasnt aiming that at you nark it was at wilbo
where do you think i got the figure from? Rolling Eyes
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What would my 4a-c do Evil or Very Mad
10kw at the friggin wheels if I was lucky.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah.. hehe
OK.

Dyno figures can be very untrustworthy around here..
Only the Toymods dyno is taken as gospel, 'coz we control how the figures are obtained.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
white gze i would run ya if you where in perth.
you would get the launch (power to weight)
id get you top end! Laughing

NARK
my brother works at D&T performance exaust in perth they have one of the best dyno in perth supposively, they have shootouts all the time, FORD & HOLDEN dealers send people there to get there exaust systems i've seen so many machine there new gt's new gts it a good shop.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coronamark2 wrote on Fri, 10 October 2003 15:43

shootout

Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Cool
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Fri, 10 October 2003 13:48

coronamark2 wrote on Fri, 10 October 2003 15:43

shootout

Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Cool

yes shootout a bunch of dudes who want to know who has the most HP/KW or is that word not "cool" enough? Rolling Eyes
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nahh not having a dig at u

just that dyno operators usually like to give inflated readings in shootout mode to satisfy the customer more. Razz

no beef dude?
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry dude all this talk about dyno/power and my cars fkd (broken rocker or valve spring Sad )

no beef maybe rice Laughing

nah they are all good blokes they dont give you the usual yeah sure we'll get another 100kw from a new exaust and air filter, which a lot of the ricer mechanics do.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 October 2003 06:00]

wil8115
Regular

June 2002
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my 73 w/18RG laid down 73.8kw / 149NM torque Smile
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good shit dude the old school motors still have some poke Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think what Rob is trying to say is that a dyno run in "Shootout Mode" yeilds higher figures 'coz it adjusts for things like temp, air pressure, humidity, stuff like that.

Toymods dyno days are NOT run in shootout mode to limit all these factors... Runs are done on the same dyno on the same day so things are pretty much even...
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries Smile
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alternativley you could just divide by 1.34 (horsepower to kw's)

or multiply for vice versa
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: convert hp to kw Fri, 10 October 2003 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that said, the toymods dyno is only good for comaring against other cars that were there on the same day - as figures across dynos vary wildly (although admittedly the other dyno I had my car on rated it at 187rwkw, which was almost identical)
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: convert hp to kw Sat, 11 October 2003 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shootout mode is designed to give some parity between the figures from dyno to dyno. They don't generally tend to read higher, they tend to read consistently.

Look at Martin Donnon's Soarer from HPI, he started doing the runs in Shootout mode to make them comparable and he actually came in under what he was previously. Everyone just hears "Shootout mode" and the rumour mill starts, when really its just set SO the operator can't fudge the values...

BTW, Cyber-Punk, I would be VERY surprised if your 5ME could get close to 78rwkW, i'd say, especially through the auto it'd struggle to put down 60 Smile
75rolla
Occasional Poster

October 2003

Re: convert hp to kw Sat, 11 October 2003 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh.. thanx for the link guys.. looks like my Suprona has about 208kw at the crank.

not bad if you ask me, but i caint wait untill i have about 300HP at the wheels.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: convert hp to kw Sat, 11 October 2003 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Shootout mode is designed to give some parity between the figures from dyno to dyno. They don't generally tend to read higher, they tend to read consistently.

Thank god someone else can see this! Razz

Shootout mode is not about inflating power figures, its about stopping the dyno operator from using different ramp rates etc on each car, and taking into account various factors such as air temp, which can affect your pretty graph. Need we refer back to the post about the 120kw atw 4WD corolla? (a very sore previous point Razz )

[Updated on: Sat, 11 October 2003 13:46]

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: convert hp to kw Sat, 11 October 2003 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, 67kw in the ra60 would be about 20 rwkw?? Laughing Laughing

a 5m-e is around 105kw at the flywheel isnt it?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: convert hp to kw Sat, 11 October 2003 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its sad to say but thats probably pretty accurate Smile Go 21R-C POWA!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: convert hp to kw Sat, 11 October 2003 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shootout mode enables operators to trick the system into artificially inflating figures. This is done by some dodgy operators, thus why you can't trust dyno readings that people may put up.
Used properly, it may yeild consistent readings, but due to dodgy people out there, when "shootout" is mentioned, I tend to cringe.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: convert hp to kw Sat, 11 October 2003 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd rather take my chances with a few *smart* dodgy operators managing to fuck around with Shootout mode rather than every dodgy operator being able to do it. C'mon, you can't say all the figures from the Toymods dyno day were accurate... Very Happy

What tricks do you actually have proof of dodgy operators using to fool Shootout mode, or are you spreading the internet forum gossip? Be honest here.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: convert hp to kw Sat, 11 October 2003 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stick the temp sensor next to the exhaust manifold and watch the magic...

We've had guys come to the dyno days claiming dyno figures well above what they achieved with us... An extreme case that I won't name claimed 170kW and pulled 115...

I've also beaten a "190kW" S14....
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: convert hp to kw Sat, 11 October 2003 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a trick that is going to play havoc with the normal modes as well, I don't think its a reason to bag out Shootout mode.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon1.gif  Re: convert hp to kw Sat, 11 October 2003 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If standard modes adjusted for temperature, then it's not doing a good job... We've seen about 6kW differences in the same car running in winter and in summer (at 42 degrees in the dyno cell)...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: convert hp to kw Sat, 11 October 2003 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude...you saw a 20v put down over 100kW through all four wheels...tell me which part you have a bigger problem with...
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: convert hp to kw Sat, 11 October 2003 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got 93rwkw,YAY.
Go the webber fed 18RG.
Now has more grunt than a stuck pig.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: convert hp to kw Sun, 12 October 2003 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That 4WD thing at the last dyno day was due to a new and incompetent dyno operator. He didn't understand what he was doing. I prolly wouldn't have liked to see the results if he ran things in shootout mode.

The 4WD is one example of a very obvious error dynoing in normal mode.
I've come across many examples of people bragging about inflated dyno figures done in shootout mode.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: convert hp to kw Sun, 12 October 2003 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit man, I've come across shitloads in normal mode!
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: convert hp to kw Sun, 12 October 2003 10:47 Go to previous message
the power of the ra60 compells me
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1jzgte fuel consumption worries over
Next Topic:malloy look-alike
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-