Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
natez
Regular

April 2003
4agze queries Thu, 09 October 2003 17:30 Go to next message
Hey

I'm still considering which engine to go, and the most cost effective, and more say legal way to go would be a 4agze engine...

but i am very afraid of it not having enough power for me to have as much fun as i want...

i'm wanting around 110-120rwkw

i would have this setup

front mount cooler, extractors 2 1/4 exhaust, running the largest nevo pully to get 14psi , 4.1 lsd etc

and most likely a ae92 MAP or afm engine, but doing alota reading people say the AFM engine is better for mods, but the MAP engine has the higher factory power rating and the map engine costs more outright...

its either this setup, or a ca18det, where it will cost a heap more, but i know it will have the power i want... need people opipions on what to do, really want a engine in a going by christmas
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4agze queries Thu, 09 October 2003 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4a-gze puts out around 90rwkw (all 3 gzes at the last dyno day put out very close to this figure)

witha big pulley and 14psi, plus a cooler, I dont think 110 would be a challenge at all
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: 4agze queries Thu, 09 October 2003 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so are you saying, not to worry about MAP or AFM engine versions... and was that 90rwkw from stock engines

im not going to go a AW11 motor, but will go a AE92 AFM 4agze engine, due to price of initial engine...

its more like i want it to be in 2nd gear going round a corner i stomp the pedal and with the LSD the arse will slide around...

thats what i want
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4agze queries Thu, 09 October 2003 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's easy
pull the spare out of the boot and remove any weight you can from the rear of it.
it'll slide everywhere, trust me! Smile
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: 4agze queries Thu, 09 October 2003 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe thats true, i'm refusing to get a stereo system, due to weight factors,

was just looking at bank account, i don't think i could go a ca18det with its current status... 4agze would be the go at the current moment
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4agze queries Thu, 09 October 2003 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and then if you find more money, real power is just a turbo upgrade away
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: 4agze queries Fri, 10 October 2003 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nevo powered gze's are in the 90-100kw region, standard ones range from 75-85kw at the wheels. (toymods dyno)

But definately if you are concerned about power the best thing to do is drop the supercharger and whack on a turbo.

LSD's are rare in ae92 gze cuts. The map version has more power than the afm in stock form. If you do decide to turbo the standard map computer can only handle up to 14psi, afm can handle more, also afm has a lower compression.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 October 2003 03:42]

horner boy
Regular

February 2003
Re: 4agze queries Sat, 11 October 2003 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good info. just what I wanted. Smile
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: 4agze queries Sun, 12 October 2003 07:42 Go to previous message
thanks guys, you've made me decide i'll be going a ca18det,

its already turbo, already got a strong gearbox, but just doesn't bolt in.... but thats a easy fix
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age bigport TVIS
Next Topic:Toyota Badge - Removing Front Grille of 89SX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:00:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004119873046875 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.