Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » How to pull an ae86 dash apart. (Anyone have any manual they can scan plz?)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Truzeno
Regular

February 2003
How to pull an ae86 dash apart. (Anyone have any manual they can scan plz?) Fri, 10 October 2003 00:37 Go to next message
How to pull an ae86 dash apart.
One bit covers another (to pull one bit off foirst you have to take off another which is also covered by another), I dont think I can find all the screw etc etc etc. It is frustrating, and in the end I just wanted to get at the air conditioner controls cause the backlighting is gone, and the bottom steering column is cracked.
My N12 Pulsar was piss easy to do this with..... but nowhere near as nice of course...

Anyone have any manual with pages on this they can scan plz?
As it will be a long winded text explaination....
  Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How to pull an ae86 dash apart. (Anyone have any manual they can scan plz?) Fri, 10 October 2003 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No manuals sorry.. But my GF pulled the AE86 dash apart, recovered it all and put it back together.. So it can't be all hard Smile

no offence to gf if she reads this ! Embarassed
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: How to pull an ae86 dash apart. (Anyone have any manual they can scan plz?) Fri, 10 October 2003 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its quite easy, ill do a quick run through with the hard bit.

undo all the screws you can find, not many are hidden, the three under the unstrament hood spring to mind.

the bit you may be stuck on is this:

pull off the headlight turny switch and the windscreen wiper turny switch, and undo the nuts that hold them in place, these also attatch the dash to the frame or whatever. you can do these with the genuine toyota crescent spanners, or any one will do. otherwise you'll need a long socket to clear the rotary switch stalks. from memory the were 17mm, but measure it to be safe.

glovebox is a piece of pis to get off, you maye be able to get at your HVAC controls just from here, but take your whole dash out, because i just told you how

there isa full chassis manual on this site, i'm surprised more people dont realise this. its in gallery:techdocs or something, im going to print it out soon.

good luck!
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: How to pull an ae86 dash apart. (Anyone have any manual they can scan plz?) Fri, 10 October 2003 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive taken my dash in and out a few times, ended up being able to do it in and out in less than 1/2 but anyway, just remember the surround around the digital clock. take that out theres bolts behind there that took me a while to figure out the first time. theres a good chance the surround will brake cause its old and brittle i know cause i broke mine and the one in my spare car was already broken Mad
also i think the ones behind the blinker and light switches are 19mm, either way you can just undo them with a spanner even tho they are in a weird spot because they arent very tight at all and DONT do them up tight putting them back on cause they just hold the plastic in place and will brake easily.
Truzeno
Regular

February 2003
Re: How to pull an ae86 dash apart. (Anyone have any manual they can scan plz?) Fri, 10 October 2003 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx heaps....
Just not as straight forward as I am use to and I think sititng in the sun scratching my head over it gave me less patience.
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: How to pull an ae86 dash apart. (Anyone have any manual they can scan plz?) Fri, 10 October 2003 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know about an N12 pulsar but I found the sprinter dash a shit load easier to pull apart than an N13 dash.

Most of the tricky bits have been mentioned. Just be careful putting alot of the screws back in as the plastic breaks so easy!

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: How to pull an ae86 dash apart. (Anyone have any manual they can scan plz?) Fri, 10 October 2003 04:12 Go to previous message
Joel, can I borrow your girlfriend, I have a few dashes that need pulling out of wrecks?!?!?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ae86 Diff ratio
Next Topic:Emissions evidence for 1G family engines
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 01:49:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053119659423828 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.