Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
n2734222
Occasional Poster

July 2003
workshops in brisbane Fri, 10 October 2003 06:21 Go to next message
Has anyone heard anything about the workshop called 'the fast and the furious'(dodgy name I know) located at tingalpa brisbane. I was going to get a qoute from them for an engine conversion (because they are in my local area) but I don't know anything about them. Can anyone recommend any reputable but not overpriced workshops in brisbane?
  Send a private message to this user    
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: workshops in brisbane Fri, 10 October 2003 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A mate of mine works there, as far as i know their workmanship is pretty good. I've got know idea about price comparision to other places though.
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: workshops in brisbane Fri, 10 October 2003 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh i went there to get a quote on my engine conversion... 3TGTE into TA22... gave him a list of all the stuff i wanted as well, took my number, never got back to me... So i went in there 3 days later and he just pretended he didn't recognize or remember me... seemed a bit dear anyway... don't seem to do much other than skylines and 180's...

Just my experience tho, other people may have had better experiences with them...
Troy
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: workshops in brisbane Fri, 10 October 2003 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD78 have you had any other quotes from workshops? as i may be interested in this conversion aswell.
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: workshops in brisbane Thu, 16 October 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was getting quotes mainly for all the other stuff, like ECU, injectors, fuel system upgrade, surge tank, oil catch can, bigger turbo, plenum and stuff, i think the actual install of the engine was less than a grand, but i already have the crossmember modified to suit, and wiring and dyno tuning would be more... U'd really have to get a quote for urself...
The place that is doing my work is called F.A.S.T, they are on 2/36 Lawrence Drive, Nerang. Another place down there is Thunder Road Performance, they are at 23 Brendan Drive, Nerang, right around the corner. Apparently they did a lot of work on the black TA22 that was at jamboree with the SR20DET...
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: workshops in brisbane Thu, 16 October 2003 14:04 Go to previous message
less than a grand for the install of the engine Shocked Shocked Shocked
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:w series tranny to bellhousing questions
Next Topic:W5X Spedo Drive Gear