Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
punka85
Regular

May 2003
FS: TWIN 45MM WEBERS Fri, 10 October 2003 07:16 Go to next message
I have these for sale.

They look to be in excellent condition, were running on a 202 red motor and were rekitted not long before removal. Have been stored in shed for about 6 months.

After 500 ono for the pair.

cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    
punka85
Regular

May 2003
Re: FS: TWIN 45MM WEBERS Sat, 11 October 2003 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP!!! - LOOKOUT - cheap power for all!!
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: FS: TWIN 45MM WEBERS Mon, 13 October 2003 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do you reckon i'd need to buy to fit them to a VK Commodore 3.3L? BTW: They call them black motors don't they? VB & VC - Red... VH - Blue... VK - Black?
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: FS: TWIN 45MM WEBERS Mon, 13 October 2003 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The VK came out with at least two types. A red or Blue (not sure which) normal carby job and the black motor which had EFI and extractors plus bigger valves in the head. The black motor was GMH's first attempt at using EFI to meet emission laws but then exchange rates changed so they used the Japanese motor in the VL. Can't do a lot to modify the Black motor - GMH did most of that. However I believe that the Black motor head on a red or blue block is a good combo. Less emission crap, higher compression, bigger valves, different cams etc. etc. So if you don't have a Black (and the block is actually painted black) EFI motor, the twin webbers would be quite nice. Razz

[Updated on: Mon, 13 October 2003 14:08]

Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: FS: TWIN 45MM WEBERS Mon, 13 October 2003 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to fit on a 202? and 2 webers? um, you'd need another one....6 cylinders, triple webers...

um, VB - Red, VC/VH - Blue, VK - Black.

Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: FS: TWIN 45MM WEBERS Mon, 13 October 2003 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Embarassed
Usually true - unless you use a dual-webber manifold. Razz

Black = EFI, I had one in a VK Calais but not all VK's did.
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: FS: TWIN 45MM WEBERS Tue, 14 October 2003 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lets start thinking before typing.
all VKs have black (pollution) motors. whether it was efi or carb was an option not a colour
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: FS: TWIN 45MM WEBERS Tue, 14 October 2003 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that makes sense, at least if you leave off "not a colour" Laughing
Anyways we digress ... PUNKA85, it is an interesting point - how come you only had two webbers on the 202 where it is more usual to have three.
Do you have a manifold to attach these to the 202 or was there an extra one before they were rekitted ? Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Tue, 14 October 2003 04:40]

punka85
Regular

May 2003
Re: FS: TWIN 45MM WEBERS Wed, 15 October 2003 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, hehehe.

The red 202 they came off was actually in a torana, so your all wrong hahaha.

It has no manifold, so the fact that they are off a 202 makes NO difference to anything, apart from jet sizes, etc.

Anyways, these webers would be great for any sort of application, ol skool celicas, corollas, sprinters, u name it.

So who is ACTUALLY interested?? Very Happy Razz

Aj.
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: FS: TWIN 45MM WEBERS Wed, 15 October 2003 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would be interested i have a 2tg, im just wondering how much the new manifold would be. for the motor. what are you negotiable to.

Jason
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: FS: TWIN 45MM WEBERS Wed, 15 October 2003 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A new manifold for a 2TG will be around $200 from redline or a carburettor outlet.
linkages can be made yourself but if you want to buy linkages they will cost also around $200 from redline. however these will be a twin cable set up and is a bit excessive and not really needed.

you might be able to buy a manifold second hand for around $40 or $50 if you can find one.
crazyracer
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: TWIN 45MM WEBERS Wed, 15 October 2003 08:48 Go to previous message
Are they side draft or down draft webers?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota 4 spot calipers - 90mm spacing
Next Topic:FS: ROH REFLEX MAGS $250
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 12:04:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045859813690186 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.