Toymods » General Car Talk » and once again..... f#*k insurance

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
and once again..... f#*k insurance Thu, 09 October 2003 00:50 Go to next message
yeah my turn to have a whinge

some woman clipped into the rear of my car about a month or so ago, just bent the bumper a little and took a couple of bits of paint off but still, it was perfect paint and the bumper was pretty good before hand. so after it happened she got out of the car and apologised and stuff and said her foot slipped onto the other pedal. got a quote for like $650 and ring her up and she won't speak to me, gets her hubby to talk to me. he tells me that his wife thinks i might have been reversing. so i root around arguing with him for about a week and then he decides to make an insurance claim, but lies to them too and says they're unsure of what happened. so now the insurance company is trying to root me. i sent in their paperwork bullshit in a day and since then they haven't done anything for about 3 weeks, they say it's cos the other party hasn't sent some crap in but they're not chasing it up. grrrrrr.
so now i'm driving around with paint chips cos they can't get off their arse to follow up on this dumb woman. what's the bet that eventually they just decide they won't pay out and i have to go to court like i was gonna in the first place..........
  Send a private message to this user    
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: and once again..... f#*k insurance Thu, 09 October 2003 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats fucked, everything made to help you just costs you money and is fucking useless... go repay the favour on any of their other cars Razz
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: and once again..... f#*k insurance Thu, 09 October 2003 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps you can fire the first shot and get a strongly worded letter into your insurance company (and perhaps the other party first). And not words like "f**king idiot", but mention time, date and place, the womans admission of fault at the time, your reasonableness about the situation, the time it has taken for you to run around getting quotes etc, and your disappointment that they are trying to change the version of events. Try and set the ground rules early on so they can't change it around later on. A lawyer might help, but it'll probably cost more than the damage is worth. Although you can always mention that legal advice is the next step, and will include loss of earnings etc. If your confident they are not that bright it's worth a shot.

And always use registered mail when sending stuff to insurance companies or the other party etc. It's amazing how often the excuse of "it didn't arrive the mail" shows up.

I f**king hate it when people don't own up to their responsibilities. Mad Mad Mad Less than 10% of the people in this world are honest and decent, the rest are naturally deceitful and have not an honest bone in their body.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 October 2003 03:27]

Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: and once again..... f#*k insurance Thu, 09 October 2003 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Thu, 09 October 2003 13:25

Less than 10% of the people in this world are honest and decent, the rest are naturally deceitful and have not an honest bone in their body.

I like your 10 percent call!....... Rolling Eyes
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: and once again..... f#*k insurance Thu, 09 October 2003 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On reflection it's probably a little high! Laughing
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: and once again..... f#*k insurance Sat, 11 October 2003 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah agree completely and that is what i've been doin lumpy, which is the worst thing.

the other wanker only made a insurance claim cos i said i'd take them to court. it's not my insurance company, it's theirs cos mine doesn't cover me for this, but i've gotten them sorted a bit better now, told them that the time being taken is not good enough and if my car doesn't get fixed soon then the repair bill will only get bigger etc
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: and once again..... f#*k insurance Sat, 11 October 2003 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you should press on with the court thing

you'll only end up in small claims but the longer they stall, the more it costs them - and once you have a (court enforcable) small claims order for them to rectify damages, it become the insurers/defenders problem, not yours. Don't just use threats of court action as ploy to make them pay up - act on it - make it hurt where they'll react the quickest - the wallet.

the insurer and 'other party' can't just ignore letters from the court (unless they agree to pay all the costs the court determines!) and as you can't (usually) bring lawyers into SCT so they can't waste your time in court either.

unless in SA they don't deal with insurance claim issues in small claims tribunal?

and if you do get an order that they don't pay, see if you can sell the debt to a collection agency so you ruin their credit rating - is up there with mailing 'em a turd as a xmas gift. Cool

Charles
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: and once again..... f#*k insurance Sat, 11 October 2003 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i am waiting to hear what the insurance company says but otherwise it's going to small claims. the reason i want to see out the insurance option first is that even if i do win in court and they have to pay damages, they would then be able to elect to do something stupid like pay me $20 a week for the life of the thing so like 30 weeks of $20 and i'll feel like i'm the one out of pocket cos i'll have to get it fixed first.

makes me think of them insurance ads with the guy from acropolis now
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: and once again..... f#*k insurance Sat, 11 October 2003 16:08 Go to previous message
Its amazing how easily u get fucked over even when ur in the right. Happens all the bloody time and its all because of the non honest people!. there should be a bank type thing fopr when u lose in smalls claims court that the "bank thing" pays all the costs and you pay it back to them like a loan

just an idea... but it would work.. and also make it mandatory
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:malloy look-alike
Next Topic:sik marks at thornl maccas....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 20:31:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053842067718506 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.